Team build advice plz

I opened 6 packs ytd. I am still working out my new team. Any suggestions?

Well yes, you said it, but again. What does it do?

You said the moves each monster uses, but ultimately, all monsters use moves, so it instead of being “I have these monsters use these moves” it becomes “I have these monsters use these moves because of (this reason), and this is how my team reacts to the enemy effectively.”

Since you’re new, I would recommend just playing people in pvp.

In the case of my explanation, I’ll give you the more important movesets:

Delugazar:
Double bloodthirst
Timestrike
Stealthbane
Ultradusk

Excessive force

Swift chrono killer

Darkstag:
Protect teammates
Purify
Attack single
Attack all

Hold ground

Regalion:
Seal(stuns for 300 secs, takes 300 secs)
Double survivor
400 second megabomb
Gigasolar dual

Time freeze(no TT or GT, or overwatch, when this monster is on the field)
Gravity field(no knockback, repulse, sendback, step back, pull back, ally substitute, stunt double)

My point is not that I can’t build you a great pvp team, it’s that said pvp team will only work for 1 pvp most of the time due to the fact that new monsters are released between pvps.

It’s fine to do 6 pack, you have some good legends.

It’s basically. I can give you a fish to feed you for a day, or I can teach you to fish, and you can feed yourself for your whole life. That’s essentially the idea I’m trying to get across here.

Multiple legends after 1 month. You’re so lucky it took we multiple months to get 1

Just goes to show how bullshit the dupe system is. In the line chat I saw fat rabbit open his 6 packs, where he got a stupid amount of legends. as a new player and pulling like 12 legends in 6 packs he still pulled about 5 dupes when he only had around 11 legends. Dupes make spending off putting and as a new player hitting that many dupes is bad, then you look at it as a long term player. The 12 he did land would of all been dupes for me except the featured.

I don’t get how the devs don’t see this. A new player can spin and has a lot better odds of new monsters than a long term player which then pushes older players away from spinning/spending.

A new monster should not always be guaranteed as a spender would get every monster in the game with ease. But there needs to be something in place (I think it was Buckingham who mentioned it from another game) that if you hit a dupe your odds go up to not get a dupe next legend ( not by 0.0005% that the devs would probably make it) but significantly because right now most players only open when they have 300 gems and when it’s guaranteed festival which then makes monsters from a certain festival everywhere and then ones from special non existent unless people want to spend and then get pissed by dupes

1 Like

You think that is idiotic I once started a account got a se as my first min later hatched an egg after claiming some free gems and second egg was dupe of my only other monster

1 Like

Exactly my point, something needs doing about it. It’s so off putting to even open eggs

@Saul1417 The “pity timer” you’re talking about from the other game wouldn’t really work in Neo Monsters because it’s actually worse than what we currently have.

The way it works is to give you a guaranteed “legend” if you don’t get one after double when you’d expect to get one. E.g. 4% chance = expected 1 every 25 so if you don’t get one in 49 then you get it guaranteed in 50th. However in the other game this can still reward you with a duplicate, it’s just that there’s a benefit from having a few duplicates there.

The “pity timer” in Neo Monsters would be worse than what we currently have because 4% = pity at 50th egg but we already have guaranteed featured at 60th egg and in the eggs people love to roll it’s guaranteed on 1st and 3rd pack. With 6.1% legendary chance the pity timer would be at 33, so basically we’d get one guaranteed legendary halfway to our 60th egg where we get the featured one. This is still worse than the guaranteed on 1st and 3rd pack. The point I’m getting at is our Neo Monsters system with guaranteed featured in 6th pack and some eggs offering guaranteed random at 1st and 3rd pack is both better than what the “pity timer” does in Hearthstone and it’s more user friendly because people without many gems can dump 50 gems for a guaranteed legendary.

Of course, what people actually want from a pity timer is for it to give a NEW legendary (not a dupe). This could be done but it’s important to note that the pity timer is specifically designed to be DOUBLE what the expected number of rolls are to get something (new legendary in this case). Hence, all it does is stop people from getting super unlucky rather than being a reliable way to get your missing legendaries. Let me give an example…

Let’s say you are missing 1/3 of the remaining legendaries in the pool and the chance of a legendary is 6.1%. The expected chance of a new legendary is 2.03% (1 in 49). So the pity timer would say “okay, if they haven’t got a new legendary in 98 egg rolls we’ll give them one automatically”. Do you see what I’m getting at? It’s not going to be making new legendaries drop for us all every 300 gems we spend, it’s just a cut off for those who get really unlucky.

I don’t think a pity timer is what we want in this game, especially because we focus on the limited legendaries. What we should be asking for is changes to the way the every 6th pack guaranteed legendary works. Something like this:

• the guaranteed featured in 6th pack automatically gives you one of the ones you don’t have
  • the 12th, 18th, etc. guaranteed ones are automatically different from what you got in the guaranteed ones up to that point

The first request there is kinda what people want I think, the second is something I think should’ve been implemented a long time ago as a respectful change for the game’s biggest spenders. However the first request is already implemented to some extent because quite a few eggs give a brand new monster in the 6th pack guaranteed.

With regards to people getting dupes of the regular pool that’s just something we’ve all got to accept. When you look at the system as a whole it’s very fair and generous compared to other games. However, what we can ask for is a better reward for getting a duplicate. The one I suggested is we get +2 to the monster each time and once it’s +9 we get a small number of gems back for each duplicate in addition to a legendary potion. There are numerous ideas we can suggest with duplicates which could work. It’s just got to be something which doesn’t break the system we have currently.

1 Like

Just decrease the odds of getting a dupe or make an option to transfer that bonus to another monster I would rather my tt be +9 than a talo which I only use as dr and bloodthirst fodder for my Saber

@Dev_VKC
If I’m getting dupes every rainbow egg. Given the way dupes are treated, why should I open eggs at all?

It is silly given I have like 8 of a page of 39+ legends and got a dupe. Those odds are retarded

The more legends you have the less incentive there is to open especially if you don’t have 300

Yeah Saul this is the very sad truth.

The crux of the problem is there’s very little value in each dupe you get.

I think the best way is:
When we get the dupes, we can choose to reroll another legend or potions.

please invite me in line chat