Taunt vs Auto protect

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I guess it must be only me then !

1 Like

On the bright side, your protector stays alive!

On the downside, your protector isn’t protecting. Which i think just makes it an “or”

Titanmoth and Stag are my favorite “Ors”

Auto protectors should have a 70% success rate.
Taunt should be 40%

If Taunt has a high protection rate it is OP. It’s basically a cheat code to use protection with RAW monsters.

It depends on the player.:joy:

1 Like

My 9th monster is null…i had no choice but just rage quit.

Taunt doesn’t have the downside of protector killer weakness, but they have to use 100TU to set up an auto-protect. Auto-protect itself is instantly active from the moment it enters and needs no skill use… that easily outweighs the downsides.

The way I see taunt monsters is they can be more versatile and protecting is just one of their “modes”. Hence, having taunt means they haven’t got the downsides of other protectors for the times when you’re not even using them as a protector. If you do use them as a protector then they still don’t have the downside, but you had to use a 100TU move for a slightly weaker auto-protect. It all sounds in balance I think.

1 Like

Think of it as auto protectors have 4 moves, taunters have 1 minus bucause they have to use taunt first

3 Likes

Imo taunt should have a limit on number of times it can taunt !

I still want them to do misdirect. Assign 50% chance to block an attack to a different monster.

It could look a few different ways:

The misdirect lasts on the target monster only until it takes damage (so almost like stealth or shield) but the monster that can assign the misdirect can use it 3 times per battle, but it would be a 75% chance of blocking damage.

Or the misdirect lasts as long as the target monster remains on the field but the the user can only use it once and its a 50% chance of blocking.

Could be some great combos with overwatch monsters, desperate monsters, or forcing your opponent to remove deadweight off the field. Choco becomes a stun absorbing protector that can regain its health and stay on the field longer for instance.

Yeah make them kill my ankoudragon.

Fantastic idea.

Thats why its a chance to protect and limited use.

This would be insane or trigger death revenges…

Will the activated solo taunt be auto-deactivated once water allies enter the the battlefield? @Dev_BRD @Dev_VKC
That se taunt has like 1/100 chance in blocking attacks, and i’m even not sure whether it is just the misclick from my rivals when it did its job ocasionally!

Whaaaaat… So not the comment of the day !

Why would it auto deactivate? Its a 1 time use

I have explained why i asked. That 50% performed like 1%.