Protect

Dev on the next update can you improve the protector. Let me explain. If your opponent has two protectors on the field and we attack one than it should target that one. Also if it’s a auto protect and another protect on the field than the monster that use the protect skill should be the one who absorb the attack. It’s confusing and it messes up gameplay for both party.

1 Like

Great idea @Yakuza

Piggybacking on this, can we make protect reusable once a monster is knocked back, so they’re not a bronzeshell at the end of your team? This would give SE and Epic protectors more of a reason to be used if this was the case.

2 Likes

Yea I agree with both. I hate drak becoming no more than a steather especially if null or icefang come in. Additionally it’s super annoying to have an active protector protect another active protector and mess all kinds of things up. Please fix this

I feel like the randomness in the targeting works highly in favour of the person using the protectors. I’m of the opinion that protectors need this, to be strong enough.

As for repulse/knockback countering the monsters with protect as a move… I like having this as a punish for people relying on those monsters solely as protection.

Basically, I like it the way things are. The game is better with things being strong when we use them and having good counters to them. When you’re team building you can take all of this stuff into account.

1 Like

@Killerdog this is why Autoprotect monsters are so much more prevalent compared to regular protects, because they aren’t necessarily penalized by knock back. Letting you reuse protect would lessen the amount of autoprotectors running around and make for more unique teams :wink:

Unless the auto protector is “Auto protect plus” it works like that already. Attacks always hit the protector that uses the protect skill.

Do you want it to happen with all auto protectors? Including Aegis and Diamond?

Personally I like the randomness. Puts the other team in two minds.

How does lessening the amount of them lead to more unique teams?? Also, there will just be more people using monsters like Drako or the SE protector/absorbers that were already all overused monsters in the past.

Once you have used protect move, AP won’t work unless you do AOE.
BTW, my APs are jokes. People just go through my three APs to kill their targets four times in a row.

1 Like

Personally I prefer auto protectors because they protect on entry. Not because of fear of getting knocked back. But that’s just me. TU is a precious commodity.

1 Like

I agree with protecters being able to reuse protect skill but if that doesnt get changed i think if a protector gets knocked back after using the protect skill then he should no longer be vunerable to protecter killer moves. I agree with KD on Autoprotecters, the randomness helps the player who uses them, ive played a few games where it messed up the flow of my opponents decisions.

1 Like

I bet entire player base has a robinator by now . This is not the right time to be using more protectors !

I started the week this was first released… couldn’t get top 3000 in UC. Here, getting on for 3 years later I still don’t have Robinator :cry:

2 Likes

You probably were busy writing a „short answer“ when everybody else got their robinator :yum::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I have no robin as well

1 Like

@Killerdog @Xyzencross @Professor_Oak

I literally just got Robinator. As a consolation for not getting any legends out of that festival :sob:

@xWarlordx that is an interesting idea, I’d be on board with that too

1 Like

I think protect should overrule Autoprotect too (unless it’s plus). I also think attacking one of 2 auto protectors should allow the player to simply select which AP to attack and for it to work.
Not a fan of the idea of using protect again when it’s been knocked back though.

I guess i’m just worried we’ll see teams which are just a load of protectors in the first 6 with a BB/ Gyo etc and a TT in the FL. Already see it enough and it shows 0 innovation.

What did you want from that festival anyway?

Nope I disagree with that, it’s part of the game & will make grovo more abusable

Magma you fool @Xyzencross

So far I think all this thread has done is show that people all want different things from it. Some people embrace the RNG, others not. Some way protect reusable, others not.

I like the way things are balanced right now. I think if we tweak the way stuff works it will either make certain protectors a lot stronger or a lot weaker… both would be a bad thing.

I feel like this topic has only come up because of a few top players using the tactic of many protectors alongside a good sweeper / pair / trio and there are other players who find it annoying to face. I personally think it’s just another one of those strategies that’s completely fair and good to have in the game to keep the diversity of viable teams. We don’t need to nerf everything the whole time or make changes to things which we don’t like playing against. Nobody is making a big deal about that stuff here, I just think that’s probably the root cause of the thinking in this thread.