Auto protect has a really low chance to block

I feel like the percentage of auto protectors is really low to actually protect teammates. Is this true? If yes I think it should be increase at least the same rate as protect teammates. Just today the number of times the attack is redirected is lower then it bypassing the protector that sucks. And no they were not raw or sneak attack

(P.S im not an ap spammer)

1 Like

They should have the protect rate at 70%. But the problem is they can’t do that because the targeting RNG is horrible. If they fix the RNG than OK.

Ap always blocks my attacks, and then enemy bypasses 3 rockoids in my endgame :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Taunt feels llike it has a higher chance to protect

I have raised this issue waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay long back but people were biased back then since I just started the game

Man I hate AP. I never used ap :joy:.nerf it.

Allow everyone to attack the AP they want, (if there are multiple APs and it’s not AP+) and then raise the odds of AP protection to about 75/80%.

That way everyone can make better informed decisions.

3 Likes

Make all attacks random then we dont have to worry about ap

2 Likes

Protect teammates/focus / Auto-protect+ = 99.991%
Auto-protect = 66.7%
Taunt = 50%

Auto-protect is already very powerful because it doesn’t require any TU of a skill to activate. If it was made higher percentage chance we’d see lots more people spamming protectors, so we’d probably need even harsher counters.

2 Likes

Does that mean there is a very small chance of protect teammates not working?

I never bypassed protect teammates without raw skills. They always block the attacks

In theory yes, 1 in 10000 chance

2 Likes

Agree that would happen with the current state of the game. Would be different if targeting RNG is removed though. My suggested 2.3% boost would work nice with no RNG.

Huh I guess that’s why the description says “it has a high chance to block attacks” and not “it blocks all attacks”.

I’m curious though, how did you obtain this data? Through datamining, empirical method or did the Devs tell you?

Millennia of testing and getting an average :wink:

The Devs have been very generously giving me all this kind of data for me to have better understanding so I can write the monster analysis / use it in guides.

3 Likes

Disappointed you didn’t have a match with an alternate account, making a Heavenswyrm + Protector ditto and proceeded to do infinite testing.

1 Like