Survey: Whale's Treasure

Hey buddies!

Thank you for playing Neo Monsters! The special event Whale’s Treasure has been just finished today.

How do you like the random sea monsters battles to get more Finns?
How many Finns in total you have claimed in this event?
What rewards do you exchange? And what rewards would you expect to see in the future?

Please simply and kindly share your opinion about this event with us and other players :blush:

May you all have a good day!

The event is not so bad but also isn’t good endless grind for rewards

1 Like
  1. I loved the random sea monsters and the fact that each gives an other amount of finns. Should stay like that.

2. I would add a master scavenger on 3rd level as well, on lets say battle 5. Will lower the grind of this event to its minimum, and theres alot of grind.

3. The rewards cost alot, you can choose like 2 legendery potions and about 8 gems and thats it (roughly). The grind of this event cost imo. I would lower the cost of the special rewards and ings. The way it is now you can choose only 2 or 3 special things while giving up on gems.

Overall i love the idea of the event, elemental boost is what makes it fun :slight_smile:
And im not sure how many finns i collected, about 650 i think?

2 Likes

Add a master scavenger on 3rd level totally agreed

Add master scavenger in 3rd and 5th level.
Also if possible increase the no of gems from 2 to 4/5 after 50 finn reward.

I’m a big fan of WT. Loved the addition of the random monsters. I couldn’t play much this event but still got close to 400 fins, prob between 20 and 30 from random encounters.

Last WT I used finns on ingredients. This time I got a legendary potion and gems.

The random encounters made it fun, collected enough finns to buy all 30 gems and 1 legendary potion, thats 800 I suppose? Its just too much grind, to my fear of not finishing the event, I totally wasted all my tickets on it and when I was done I already missed crown walker and grailing event. I suggest increase ticket count to double but reduce battles by half. Also master scavengers and trainers that we battle must give extra finns, I suggest 20. :slight_smile: other than that its good. :slight_smile:

I farmed 1001 Finns, it was one hell of a grind! Rewards claimed were:
24 gems (390 Finns)
1 rare gem (110 Finns)
2 legendary potions (500 Finns)

I farmed the extra battles like crazy as I worked out how they worked and wanted to see how many Finns I could get. The result was I did well over 100 extra battles for 350 extra Finns which was basically a second legendary potion. I love legendary potions but for over 100 extra battles that required regular logins and refreshing the map, often for over a minute at a time, I have to say that’s pushing my limit of what kind of a grind I’ll do… and I love to grind.

I love the extra battles and the ability to gain more Finns but since the rewards cost so many Finns each I think it’s more effort than its worth and adds an extra element of grind to an event which only just had the grind reduced (with the introduction of master scavengers).

Here’s my honest, general feedback:

In terms of being “fun”, the battles are some of my favourite. We use unique teams, using many of our monsters that we otherwise wouldn’t use. It gives us a chance to use any legendary and to build around interesting strategies which might not normally be viable. I love playing this event very much!

However, the general grind is too much for many players because of the sheer number of battles we have to do. Normally with tickets we can use them up in 20-30 minutes but this event is more like 40-50 minutes in my experience which means we need to play for 1.5-2 hours a day to play efficiently. We can play less and spread it out over 11(?) days instead of 6 days but it’s usually better to get on with these things early so we have tickets for other things that may come.

Additionally, while the extra battles are fun and a great addition, you need to do too many to get an extra reward. It would probably be fine if they were added as optional extra battles but when they need frequent logins and map refreshing it becomes a huge pain and a time sink.

Here’s how I would do it:

• 5 battles per difficulty level
  • Double the ticket requirements per fight (to balance out)
  • Master scavenger after 1st fight in difficulty 1&2
  • 110 Finns gained per region (660 total)
  • Each day, refreshing every 24hrs after event release, there is an optional battle in each region. These cost no tickets and are randomly difficulty level 1, 2, 3 or 4. Beating one rewards you with 5 Finns (30 Finns each day, 330 Finns total)

With these changes you wouldn’t have to change the reward shop. It would reduce the grind to a more reasonable 78-126 battles for 660 Finns with an optional 66 battles for 330 Finns that can be done with daily play. Currently there are a minimum of 174 battles which need to be done so I think reducing this to 144 is not totally spoiling the grind nature of this event. If more grind is needed then simply remove the master scavengers.

I hope my recommendations are liked by everyone!

2 Likes

Plz bring back Count Lector @Dev_VKC

I second @Killerdog’s suggestions. I grinded out between 800-850 finns (omegamid x3, vorabook, rare gem, ~8 gems). Once I was done with the battles themselves, I focused on the extra battles. I didn’t quite figure out the timing of the battles, but meh.

As killerdog mentioned the constant screen refreshing was brutal and will probably give my thumbs arthritis down the road ha. Also when moving from other activities (biweekly, UE quests, etc.) I’d forget to switch back to my water team and lose out on those finns if it was a harder battle. Maybe the extra battles could be a mix between all the elements (not just water), and perhaps after you select the extra battle monster a pop-up menu would appear allowing you to choose your team.

Let’s be clear: Whale’s Treasure is a great way for people to grind out UE materials, gems, pots, etc. if they so choose. We as players appreciate this opportunity - the more you put in the more you get. The grind could be adjusted so that we enjoy the entire event, because using mons I don’t typically use is really fun.

Thank you devs for taking our feedback!

If people are wondering about the extra battles it goes like this…

Archeloth = 10 Finns instantly (refreshes every 2 days)
Seaviper = 6 Finns after lvl 3 difficulty water battle (refreshes every 1 day)
Tidalwhale = 3 Finns after lvl 2 difficulty water battle (refreshes every 2 hours)
Seabite = 1 Finn after lvl 1 difficulty water battle (refreshes every 15 mins)

After a battle becomes available it then becomes a % chance of appearing on the map each time you change screen to it (not from the monsters menu).

As you can see, the Archeloth and Seaviper are perfectly fine to farm and give lots of Finns. I liked farming the Tidalwhale (because I love to grind) but the Seabite was a ridiculous 15 mins cooldown and only gave 1 Finn every time.

I took screenshots of each of the monsters and planned to write a Finns farming guide but actually I hope they change the way it works, so a guide is not necessary.

They were not refreshed by the time. At least Tidalwhale and Seabite were not.

I’m pretty sure they were but their chance of appearance is very low so can take lots of refreshes. Seabite may have been 20 minutes but I’m pretty sure it was 15. Tidalwhale was definitely 2 hours. Seaviper and Archeloth may have been 20 hours and 40 hours rather than 24 and 48.

I didn’t properly log the timings and such because I wasn’t available at all times to test them perfectly but you can take my numbers as roughly correct.

To much grind for little rewards. Put an auto mode in to speed up the process

Seaviper is 7 finns

I think after 3 Rd level the master battle have to give 10 fins…
Also master at 3 level and 5 level on 3rd fight agree.
Rewards (happy to talk) after 50 fine you have to increase 3 gems instead of 2 or 65 fines there’s shoud be 5 gems
2) legend potions add 3
3) for new player add a old monster of there choose at rare reward
Like the 300 fine cronokiller …2 fairy…robinator …Only they unlock 1

Really? I mustve counted wromg then. Sorry

I didn’t get a single archeloth the whole event.

Also maybe another page of really cheap rewards like silver or fruits. I ended up with 17 finns I couldn’t do anything with.