Suggestions on Protect/Raw

Raizen never kills him. Never

Everyone else does angel is pretty fine I feel

I like the idea that if this change to raw happened there would be an added strategic element to deciding whether or not to use protect :thinking:

not Sure if anyone here plays any other game then. Neo but devs adding raw into it was something games do to keep stuff fresh and create new team building ideas
One example is Yu-Gi-Oh! They have added link monsters and changed the whole format on how the game works raw and solo is that but neo versions it is annoying and restricting but it’s there for a reason the main issue is this game is so expensive it’s shame when you can’t use them

I think it’s funny that they chose the word “Raw” to designate that @ILAGaLOT

Remember when they were gonna name that move “toxic shock bomb?” @ValkyrieCain

Agree hahaha

To answer your question to get back on the relevant topic, yes. What you were saying is correct.

Auto protects and auto protect pluses would be an auto negate raw.

While depending on whether you use protect, raw would be able to be used.

Angelion gets one-shot by Cyclozar practically 100% of the time and very rarely (20%??) by monsters like Chromera or Raizen.

I feel the same as I did last time there was a raw thread. It’s extremely powerful, just like other strategies if you can build your team well for them. Adding extra dimensions into the game is a great thing we should encourage. Raw teams and link teams are very different to what we’d usually create in the past and the game is better for it. It’s also a useful way to design monsters like Angelion and Novadrake which are extremely powerful sweepers but they can’t be protected and that keeps them in balance somewhat.

In many cases raw can be used as an advantage because of the lower TU. It’s a nice pay-off which you can utilise by creating a team without protectors in that section.

I can see the sense of making raw moves possible with teammates that haven’t used protect yet but also I have to question why bother? Why not make this restriction properly force people to avoid using protectors around these raw monsters? In many cases you can even start with a protector there and use the other moves until the protector dies (e.g. Starlord in last PvP event with Nulltron FL with Diamonoid and Aegisdragon both very near the front).