Spicy Abyssoldiers Suggestion

(Thanks to @Anne for the prompt)

So, A.S. Poseidon dropped, and it’s a cool monster. It seems like it can perform just fine. Granted, it relies on other Abyssoldiers to work properly, but it provides the Stun protection they desperately needed.

Despite that, though, I have a concern with the way they work: despite there being 12 of them, they’re probably the monster “series” that’s less teamwork oriented.

Thlugs are largely useless when used alone.
F.D.s unlock a new move when used together with their kin: despite being more than fine on their own, they’re better when run together.
P.G.s (except Gaiamid) become deadly together, rapidly charging one another.
Spikiestornado is useless without the other porcupines’ support.

Then we have the A.S., which is the only ones arguably better ran alone. The ATK/DEF boost is much more delicious, on average, then their Bond. Hence why, in the rare occasions you’re gonna see them, A.S. Antistan and A.S. Fokus are almost always on their own.

Here comes the hot take: replacing Attack (Dual) with one of their two SOLO moves (without restriction), and replacing that SOLO move with an A.S. support move.

A.S. moves would work like G.F. Heal, so they can only target a friendly Abyssoldier.
I think this would also make sense design-wise:
on one hand, they’d have a SOLO move, which symbolizes their Lone Fish nature.
on the other hand, they’d have a support move for their teammates, which symbolizes their Bond.

Possible moves would be A.S. Purifying Stealth, A.S. Heal, A.S. Pullback, A.S. Shield…

12 Likes

very good idea . I think Bond skill should be double atk and def . With skill types like now, I think they’re much better solo

don’t disrespect my precious hedgehogs! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Spikiestornado relies on his hedgehog simps to work and that’s a FACT :relieved:

1 Like

In hindsight this would have been a far better design for the Abyssoldiers. I hope it’s not too late for the devs to consider improving their use together.

There are very few combinations which are worth using. A.S. Poseidon opens up a bunch more but not enough in my opinion

2 Likes

Sometimes the dual hit is the only move you can do. I learned that in the current SCB as I was facing Deus X and Regalion. If the dual hit is replaced by an AS skill, it might lead to a situation where no skill can be used.

So this tweak would take quite a lot of planning to prevent the possible soft lock.

No it’s a bit different, the dual attack would be replaced by a SOLO skill, which would lose its restriction. For example, let’s consider our beloved Antistan, right now it has:

Ultrasolar (Dual)
Faststrike
SOLO Give Turn
SOLO Accelerate Team

After the change, it could be:

Accelerate Team
Faststrike
SOLO Give Turn
A.S. Heal (for example)

I love this idea, make them an army

1 Like

Female Abyssoldier when?

1 Like

The king needs a queen eh?

Well, we have Nereida!

1 Like

Something like that. Was it Poseidon who had persephone as a wife or am I getting my mythology mixed up here?

Hades had Persephone as a wife

Poseidon married Anfitrite, and from their marriage the Nereids were born. Makes you think…

2 Likes

Oh yeah. He stole her from someone though?

Yeah, Persephone was the daughter of Demetra, the goddess of the land. Or was it Hera? I think it was Demetra doe

Lol. Mythology lessons in a box. Just ask @DMGInterference :grin:

2 Likes

Yes, mythology rocks!! I love when the Devs add monsters from mythology in the game.

Most of the times, they just take the design (like the four guardian beast, from Azuraidos to Crimseias), but sometimes, with mythics, they add monsters with their real name, like Kuraokami and Y Ddraig Goch. Tyrfina comes close too!

3 Likes