Singles are better than 10 packs

In addition to the point of new vs old and how much they need it though, there’s always the value of Rare gems Vs Normal though and the one rare gem you get vs the gems you save by single rolling.

Me too

I’m really not sure which one is better, I’m a bit confused when it comes to deciding this, here’s why:

My best monsters were born from singles (GAZER , Novadrake, moku, orca, nulltron among others …

But although it is extremely strange sometimes we see packages of 10 eggs that are really crazy, 3, 4 or 5 legendary and sometimes even several MYTHICAL eggs so I would say that each one has its charm

Fun note: I have woken up haneri because I took 3 copies in a single pack of 10 and I had already obtained a copy in a previous pack :grin:,By the way, 3 copies of HANERI and a Crinseias came out

1 Like

so I actually decided to do a single pack just now. First one was an epic and second one was hanari

Single pack? 10 x singles?

I think a 12 gem pack is a lot better than singles .
Just open singles at each banner I got a lot of legendaries and mythics from this way It works especially after opening a 40 gem pack.
My success rate in doing this is 5/8 every time I opened it after a pack .

1 Like

Single pack

Can we get a skip button for the single hatch animation @Dev_VKC

1 Like

Yeah, this is the crux of the issue. The gems you can save have a lot of value.

Even if you’re a new player this could be worth it versus the rare gems you’d get from packs.

It’s been a problem with the system ever since they stopped the 6th pack guaranteed. However, it’s been made worse by featured legendaries now being 15x (they take fewer packs on average to hatch - hatching them is ultimately what makes people stop spending gems on that particular egg).

Let’s put some numbers to this…
On average you’ll save 18 gems by doing singles (0-36). Doesn’t matter what you’re hatching for, ultimately one hatch will make you stop.

An experienced player with a large collection probably values rare gems at 2 gems = 1 rare gem.
Hence, unless they’re planning to do 9+ packs on an egg it’s, on average, more efficient to do singles.

A newer player could maybe value rare gems as high as 4 gems = 1 rare gem (top end, I’d suggest 3 gems).
Hence, 18 / 4 means unless they’re planning to do at least 4 packs (most likely 5+) then it’s more efficient to do singles.

I hope these numbers make sense to people. To me, it sounds like you need to get too many packs in an egg before the rare gems pay off. My suggestion above doesn’t make these earlier packs more valuable but it rewards you properly for going for packs as soon as you hit 5; enough that you won’t regret it so much if you hatch what you want immediately and think you could’ve saved gems with singles.

I have an phobia called hatchedat4gemsphobia

Btw I don’t k if the change was now or way before but the game now shows the ap block percentage

I’d say it also depends on how many monsters you want in the egg. If you want two or more, hatching a featured legendary from a single won’t necessarily make you stop hatching.

Also this month I was targetting specific featured legendaries in special eggs and I saved gems because I hatched scorpiogeist from a single then stopped.

Crawzieee…

Not all of us have 2k spare gems lying around u know :joy::joy:

Unless u r suggesting this on top of 1 rare gem per pack , this perhaps will be the best suggestion

Moreover, this topic was already discussed extensively by Dont89 and he declared packs are better in long run . Cos rare eggs give better output at average than saving 1 or 2 extra normal eggs through singles . He is a whale and I’ll take his word .

That’s because DonT always hatches a ton of packs at a time. If you are targetting a specific monster and plan on stopping once you get it, you will most likely come out ahead by hatching singles.

Everything will even out eventually .

Mythics from rare eggs is what one will miss out on and be stuck with a couple of (op*) legendaries while game moves out to a higher mythic power creep level .

50 packs or 5 packs or 5 singles , odds are same for everyone . One shouldn’t rule out someone’s observation just cos they r whale .

I’m suggesting it IN ADDITION to the normal 1 rare gem we get from packs.

DonT has great insight into some of the mythics. However, he’s not known as having strength in numbers. I wouldn’t follow his word on this one.

2 Likes

I wasn’t ruling out DonT’s obervations, I was just stating an example where it would be better to hatch singles. If you already plan on spending a ton of gems on a banner, then it makes sense to open packs because getting a monster you want won’t make you stop hatching anyways.

lmao when ur theory gets disproved by your own hatching livestreams

1 Like

"Singles are momentary pleasure , Rare eggs are steady progression":blush:

1 Like

See that’s where I believe you’re thinking about it incorrectly. Sure, if you plan to get multiple monsters out of the egg before stopping then you should get packs. However, as soon as your priority switches to “one more” then switching to singles is currently the smart choice. Also, whatever you’re trying to do with an egg there will always be one hatch that makes you decide to stop. If that’s on a pack then you’ll basically have some wasted gems. So no matter what, you’re always going to give up some gems for the sake of the rare gems.

I am a big fan of rare gems in general and it’s why I’ve kept getting packs over this last couple of years. However, I do it from stubbornness rather than for efficiency. I strongly believe the egg hatching setup should be biased towards packs, making them the obvious go-to. Packs just need a bit more than they currently have to make that the case.

1 Like