Share your OM line-up

After failing pool B 2 weeks in a row, I’m curious to see what everyone is using in the OM.

My line-up is all level 99 starting with:

S Omegawyrm
S Arkwing
S Plasmorex
A Angelon
B Deadwolf
C Tremorback

And that’s really as deep as I went. In and out quickly at checkpoints 29 and 35.

Do I need to start farming another Omegawyrm?

My starting 6 is 3 frillzeon and 3 omega. Personally 3 frillzeon are better than 3 onega ti start with. They use army flame and easily take out 9+ monsters in 3 moves. More if i get BA. Finished final boss in aroun 50-60 seconds

Arkwing omega angelon. S rank. Then angelon A angelon B and 4x plasmarex A rank and after that stun and bouldon and frillzeon and other just to speed the last fight up

Worked pretty good to this Om did it all in 27min fastest i ever done it.

Destructor, Destructor, Omegawyrm typically.

3 with army is a better idea, but I would prefer Cryowyrm, Golgemios, etc. but missions should be limited to one monster of each type like PvP is.

27 minutes with line up. You must have missed alot of battles on floors to do it that fast with angelon in starting

Why? You mean angelon is bad?

Shes a support card and for OM i would not have her in starting lineup. Just does not have enough power to get through quickly. If youccan 3 frillzeon is the best lineup you can use. Army flame is just destructive as hell i 1 hko nearly every monster in final boss battle

omegawyrm, angelon and glazio with coldheart behind maybe i need to start training my arky

Sure damage is good but stupid if the point is to get as many hits in fastest time… Angelon just “support” my arkwing and omega by healing and then keep on killing… The Thing is save time without going back to town in Om there some smal bosser younhave to kill and thats where angelon becomes usefull , If it was 3x frillzeon they get easily kilde because of low defence and resist , and With support stuns to make it faster gives a good chance of getting the om egg. The damage angelon deal might be lower than a omega but there are only 3-5 levels where it cant 1hit … Wouldnt say that its stupid to get a angelon in start lineup … At the moment its more powerfull than most arks.
Sry im writting on iPad so it sometimes make it hard to read

I have shared this before, but I will repeat again here.

For OM, you want consistency. In other words, you want Arks with no elemental weaknesses (in terms of attack). This means Holy and Elementless Arks. Also, you want a balance between physical and magical attacks.

Some people think Holy Arks are weak. It is because they forget about the White Blessing item which can boost Holy Arks by 40%. This will make all your 99 level Holy Arks equivalent to level 140. The OM enemies are not as tough as the infinite dungeon, so this should be sufficient. This item will only make your Dark Arks less efficient, which does not matter as I tend to avoid using them in OM.

Here are the Arks I would recommend:

(1) Omegawyrm - the strongest AOEer. Farm as many of these as possible. But keep in mind that a Puffoxin may kill your Omegawyrm in one hit.

(2) Arkwing - S rank by default, and deals decent AOE damage.

(3) Angelon - relatively easy to farm compare to (1) and (2). Can haste and heal. Can be easily trained to level 99 when farming biteschools.

(4) Luxknight - relying solely on magical attack is not a good idea. Once your Omegawyrm is down, you need Arks with physical attacks.

(5) Astrelon (egg-only) - probably the most attack orientated Holy Ark along with Luxknight.

Some people may not believe this. Try this and you will thank me later.

Of course, 3 x Frillzeons are always the best, with the Fire +40% boost.

And I disagree that OM should be made similar to PVP. This will leave PVE with only infinite dungeon.

After failing pool B 2 weeks in a row, I’m curious to see what everyone is using in the OM.

My line-up is all level 99 starting with:

S Omegawyrm
S Arkwing
S Plasmorex
A Angelon
B Deadwolf
C Tremorback

And that’s really as deep as I went. In and out quickly at checkpoints 29 and 35.

Do I need to start farming another Omegawyrm?

Whatever the lineup is, you need a lot more level 99s.

Omega is strong but 3 frillzeon in start is far superior you 1 hko 3 monsters at a time i take out a minimum of 9 on 35th and 36th floor before they even gat a turn

I think the whole game should have a cap for 1-2 of the same monster in the team and no more. It’s ridiculously logical for this to happen. Allowing duplicates makes infinite dungeon far too easy (go thousands of floors), missions too easy, the story too easy, and it ruins it for all competing players that don’t wish to play that way.

It absolutely should be limited.

Haha!

Sorry for not being more clear. EVERY ark in my lineup is level 99. I only listed the top 6 because I never really went deeper than that In the OM. I did go out and in, very quickly, at checkpoints 29 and 35. Except maybe at the last boss, but by that time it’s just mop up duty for the rest of the level 99’s.

I’m somewhat gimped as I have not farmed multiple Omegawyrms and the only egg-only ark I have is Shadowstalker. 3x Frillzeons are waaaaaay out of my realm of possibility.

I don’t understand. You are against duplicates, but you are using double Destructors. You want to put a cap for 1-2, so that people cannot use 3 * Frillzeon while you can still enjoy your double Destructors? Your intention is a bit too obvious.

This game is easy, regardless of allowing duplicates or not. I have played games way more difficult than HI.

“Duplicates ruins the game for all players that don’t wish to use duplicates”. This is a very poor argument.

I don’t want to use the same high-star Arks like Omegawyrm all the time. It is so dull and boring. I want to try Fireheart, Kingpen etc. Can I use them in OM? Well unless I don’t mind losing.

Can I say “High-star Arks ruin the game for all players that don’t wish to use high-star Arks”? And then can I say “high-star Arks should be limited”? 

Also, for normal players who are not beta testers or timers, getting multiple Omegawyrms is one of the very few ways their can increase their odds of winning OM once they are in the 1% pool. You won’t understand their feeling because your line up is three 12-star Arks.

I think it absolutely should not be limited. And I don’t think you have the right to complain about duplicates until you stop using your double Destructors.

“I don’t understand. You are against duplicates, but you are using double Destructors. You want to put a cap for 1-2, so that people cannot use 3 * Frillzeon while you can still enjoy your double Destructors? Your intention is a bit too obvious.”

First of all, I stated “1-2” and 2 does include the two Destructors that I use.

Second of all, I would be bound to the cap just like everyone else. In this case, you would be saying: you want to put a cap for 1-2 so that people are forced to use 1-2 Frillzeon, while I am forced to use 1-2 Destructor. Is that a bad thing? That sounds fair to me - those people can also use double Destructors. Unlike them, I don’t have three Frillzeons to use. And I would argue Frillzeons are more effective than Destructors generally. 

So that does indeed sound like a cap that should be implemented.

“This game is easy, regardless of allowing duplicates or not. I have played games way more difficult than HI.”

Not a valid reason to allow it to be even easier yet. In fact, it should BECOME more challenging because of this issue. And one way to do that is to add the cap I proposed.

"“Duplicates ruins the game for all players that don’t wish to use duplicates”. This is a very poor argument.

I don’t want to use the same high-star Arks like Omegawyrm all the time. It is so dull and boring. I want to try Fireheart, Kingpen etc. Can I use them in OM? Well unless I don’t mind losing."

Is it? What if I want the top spot in the infinite dungeon but can’t get it because my team without duplicates can’t get past floor 1,000? What if 100+ people with a team of 3 Frillzeon are able to beat the missions significantly faster than people who don’t use duplicates, and always win the prizes? 

I’ve named two situations where duplicates will hurt the game for people who don’t want to play this way. Keep in mind that not everyone is you.

"Can I say “High-star Arks ruin the game for all players that don’t wish to use high-star Arks”? And then can I say “high-star Arks should be limited”? "

Sure. And we could get even more dramatic with it, by saying: having any monster other than Seaquill ruins the game for anyone who doesn’t want to play with anything other than Seaquill. 

Somewhere you need to draw the line, and find the best compromise. Where is a good compromise? Probably not restricting the high star monsters, because players have incentive to play if those are high star. They have something to work for. And the majority of players will want to play with high star monsters. 

Allowing duplicates? Most card games out there only let you have so many of the same card in your deck. There’s a reason for that, you know? 

Lots of players think it’s dull and boring to play with all duplicates. But not so much playing with high star monsters. 

Looking at views of players, it seems more logical to draw the line at the duplicates and not at restricting high star monsters (or at other locations). 

“Also, for normal players who are not beta testers or timers, getting multiple Omegawyrms is one of the very few ways their can increase their odds of winning OM. You won’t understand their feeling because your line up is three 12-star Arks.”

This argument doesn’t apply; the pooling system ensures all players will get some high star monsters - at least one (and likely more than one) per season. There only needs to be three for the starting line-up. 

“I think it absolutely should not be limited. And I don’t think you have the right to complain about duplicates until you stop using your double Destructors.”

I would appreciate if you would calm down just a little bit :). If you let go of the anger, you’ll realize that I am not necessarily saying that there needs to be a cap of one, but a compromise at two would suffice (thereby not making me a hypocrite).

However, in some situations, you need to play the game how you need to play it to compete. If everyone else is using duplicates, I may need to use duplicates to compete. That doesn’t mean I support using duplicates. 

After all, I’m supporting a cap on MYSELF as well. Realize that.

If I am going to respond point by point, this will become an essay.

Sorry I kind of lost my temper a bit, but sometimes seeing you talking like a goddess frustrates me.

Of course you wouldn’t mind to put a cap on everyone including yourself. You have access to all the exclusive Arks, which you can use in the infinite dungeon and OM (If you don’t time eggs, one of your Destructors must come from being a beta tester, that means you can use beta tester’s Arks in OM). So at the end who is going to benefit? You. Sometimes before we say something, we need to know our place and avoid saying things that can cause conflicts of interest.

Yes the 10% pool B can help the normal players getting an OM Ark in one season. But what about after that? They are in pool A. They are competing with beta testers like you and all the timers.  If you put a cap on, beta testers won’t care as they have every Arks. Timers won’t care as they have all the egg exclusive Arks. The one who is going to suffer will be these normal players. If you take away all the egg exclusive and OM Arks, they actually have a pretty small pool of Arks to access. It wouldn’t hurt me if you put a cap on, I hate using the same Ark anyway. I am just speaking for the normal players.

You think I am being dramatic about using high-star Arks. I am not. To be honest I enjoy using different Arks rather than the same ones every time. But if I don’t use them I can’t compete with other players in OM, so I am forced to use them. I know some people feel the same way too, otherwise there won’t be so many star limited tournaments on this forum. Actually if there is an OM which limits the players to use 8-star or below, that would be interesting. I think your seaquill example is indeed dramatic.

I don’t know what card games you have been playing. A lot of card games like Guardian Cross do allow duplicates.

After all, other than 3 Frillzeons, I can’t see how duplicates can provide a benefit? Most players with 3 Frillzeons are timers. And smart timers don’t play OM (to remain in Pool B ). You mean multiple Omegawyrms? As I said, this is one of the few ways for normal players to better equip themselves to compete.

I think we all need to calm down :slight_smile:

If I’m not mistaken I don’t believe betas are allowed to use beta arks in OM so that is irrelevant. That being said I don’t think there would be any benefit to restricting duplicates. The restriction in PvP is good enough. The rest of this game (including infinite dungeon even though it has a leaderboard) is a single player monster catching RPG. If someone wants to be a hunter with a full team of firehearts I say go ahead. If you wanna rock a frillzeon team good for you. Whatever brings that particular person enjoyment in the singleplayer. If you wanna be the top of the leaderboards in Infinite Dungeon or OM then you may have to change your team around to make it to the top but that’s honestly the way it should be. 

Just my two cents on this topic. Everyone just wants to enjoy the game, I don’t wanna agitate anyone on here :slight_smile: Worst comes to worst we can always agree to disagree

“Of course you wouldn’t mind to put a cap on everyone including yourself. You have access to all the exclusive Arks, which you can use in the infinite dungeon and OM (If you don’t time eggs, one of your Destructors must come from being a beta tester, that means you can use beta tester’s Arks in OM). So at the end who is going to benefit? You. Sometimes before you say something, you need to know your place and avoid saying things that can cause conflicts of interest.”

Who else is going to benefit? People who don’t want to spend years getting a whole bunch of Omegawyrms because they don’t have the patience.

Who else is going to benefit? People who can’t time eggs and don’t have 50 Frillzeons like people who do.

Who else is going to benefit? People who want to be able to compete in the infinite dungeon without using duplicates. 

Who else is going to benefit? People who want to compete in missions without using duplicates.

This isn’t about me at all. This is about all the players. I’m not interested in trying in the infinite dungeon anymore. And I am not interested in competing in missions. I’m not proposing this idea to give myself an advantage - I have little interest currently in trying to fight for top spots.

I am more interested in helping this game evolve. And my posts will reflect that interest. 

All mission monsters will be available in the future for everyone to get, too. And this will make the last two points I made for who it will benefit more valid than they are currently. Keyword is “more”. 

I am not sure where you got the idea that I think of myself as a “goddess”. All I’ve done here is propose ideas to make the game better for everyone. I didn’t consider myself in these ideas at all.

“I think being a beta tester has given you a disadvantage that you can’t feel for the normal players. Yes the 10% pool B can help the normal players getting an OM Ark in one season. But what about after that? They are in pool A. They are competing with beta testers like you and all the timers.  If you put a cap on, beta testers won’t care as they have every Arks. Timers won’t care as they have all the egg exclusive Arks. The one who is going to suffer will be these normal players. If you take away all the egg exclusive and OM Arks, they actually have a pretty small pool of Arks to access. It wouldn’t hurt me if you put a cap on, I hate using the same Ark anyway. I am just speaking for the normal players.”

We cannot use unreleased monsters in missions and we can’t use them in PvP. We are forced to play on their levels, so that we do not have an inherent unfair advantage. 

And yes, I see your point with betas and timers. But think about if there isn’t a cap. These people who aren’t betas and timers still have no more of an advantage, because timers can get way more Frillzeons than non-timers can get Omegawyrms. Do you see the problem?

Timers can get 20, 30, or even more Frillzeons in their teams. And what can non-timers get to compete with this?

And furthermore, as was stated multiple times before, our unreleased monsters play no role in PvP and missions. So that’s not a relevant point.

“You think I am being dramatic about using high-star Arks. I am not. To be honest I enjoy using different Arks rather than the same ones every time. But if I don’t use them I can’t compete with other players in OM, so I am forced to use them. I know some people feel the same way too, otherwise there won’t be so many star limited tournaments on this forum. Actually if there is an OM which limits the players to use 8-star or below, that would be interesting. I think your seaquill example is indeed dramatic.”

I remind you once again that not everyone is you. How many people out there like using high star monsters? Post and let me know. I’m sure you’ll be in the majority. And yes, this issue can be handled by adding special PvP types that restrict stars and missions that restrict stars. 

This doesn’t change the argument that proposes we cap the amount of duplicates that can be used. 

“I don’t know what card games you have been playing. A lot of card games like Guardian Cross do allow duplicates.”

Okay, I said: they put a limit. The last one I played put a limit of four - that worked out with the type of game. I, in no way, mentioned anything about “duplicates”. I mentioned “limits”. 

"If I’m not mistaken I don’t believe betas are allowed to use beta arks in OM so that is irrelevant. That being said I don’t think there would be any benefit to restricting duplicates. The restriction in PvP is good enough. The rest of this game (including infinite dungeon even though it has a leaderboard) is a single player monster catching RPG. If someone wants to be a hunter with a full team of firehearts I say go ahead. If you wanna rock a frillzeon team good for you. Whatever brings that particular person enjoyment in the singleplayer. If you wanna be the top of the leaderboards in Infinite Dungeon or OM then you may have to change your team around to make it to the top but that’s honestly the way it should be. "

And what are your thoughts on people who don’t wish to play this way being unable to compete with people who do? Do you think that’s right? Do you think it’s okay to force all players to use all the same monsters in order to compete?

I don’t. 

As an aside, if I am in the minority with this idea, then so be it. I figured other people would want this idea.

​But if others don’t want this idea, then I’m wrong and then I suppose adding it isn’t for the best. I will share my thoughts on the matter, though.

This is a great debate, thanks Ash.

If my previous attitude has offended you, I apologise.

But I still strongly believe that there should not be a limit on duplicates.