Share thoughts on buffing older monsters

Instead of mainly nerfing problematic monsters after they are released, what if the devs also released an update that gave small buffs to older, weaker monsters? These buffs wouldn’t automatically make them S or S+ monsters, it could just make it less obvious that the monster you just rolled is strictly inferior to the newer, limited monsters. This could help control power creep and maybe reduce my immeasurable dissapointment that I got tridakhan instead of angelion (semi joke). An example of a small buff would be to maybe reduce the tu of poison eater for the old auto poisoners to 130. Please discuss whether or not this is a good idea, other buffs (I can’t think of too many off the top of my head), or other suggestions.

1 Like

Tridrikahn has 3 heads and can only use single poison eater. Enough said.

6 Likes

Are you thinking triple poison eater? Or are you thinking add another venom killer moves instead of ultrablaze

At least double poison eater. Vulcaroth has 1 head and can do this. Or just make it stun immune

I think you meant to name this thread “Let’s talk about buffing older monsters”

4 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah big fan of this idea. This has come up before and rightly so. Would love to see some older ones buffed!

The thing with these buffs and nerfs on older monsters is that Devs need to think hard whether some of these monsters are in a story event or puzzle battle like old corrolan for example. Sometimes altering their movesets can break the battle.

1 Like

I just thought of this because when Hearthstone had an update buffing some cards that were pretty bad it was mostly a good thing (Luna’s Pocket Galaxy was an example of a D rank card becoming S+ in terms of NM)

I never meant to make a dichotomy out of it… a few small nerfs could be in order but as I always have, I’ll advocate wholeheartedly for any monsters that just don’t have enough use. In an ideal world I’d love to see both happen.

1 Like

I agree, there are a few monsters out there that could use a nerf. The main problem with nerfs is that they can easily be controversial for obvious reasons. The devs need to figure out what the best way to balance these monsters in a way most ppl would see as reasonable. The good part about these buffs (triple poison eater for tridakhan plzzzzzz) would be that not many would be opposed to making bad monsters slightly more useful.

To be fair the power creep of the new stuff has already accomplished that.

How’s that possible if there are none of those monsters in the said battles? The most recent addition to the main story was in 2017.

What I mean is that new monsters are so much stronger than the old ones in those battles that they are all really easy.

I was referring to those battles where you’re not using your own team

An example would be showdown at old corralon

I like the idea of buffing older monsters, but not at the current power level.

Having Flarevern as a ceiling is the way to go in my opinion.

I was thinking that having the buffs go to A-A+ at the max was a good limit.

BTW: Would you mind changing your profile picture :joy:?

3 Likes

BTW, would you mind having a profile picture?

6 Likes