Rewards for lose

Hey, I have PvP suggestion. So, when you lose, you don’t gain anything - in other games of this type, even if you lose, you get something (of course, less than if you win). However, it is not profitable to play PvP in this game if you do not have a full tier SS team.

My every PvP season looks like - I’m playing with max 5 matches to qualify and then I leave it. I don’t see the point of playing more because when I lose I only lose.

If PvP is not attractive enough for someone with a worse team, it will be dead.

1 Like

I get your point and can understand it’s very frustrating not getting rewarded to overcome pvp anxiety. Consider that you have reached once a rp limit you cant lower than that. So there are losing caps. If you only use of course this might not work out for you. I am still sure you can grab some wins to grab some of those gems and even the advertised limited SE is rewarded at 20k points. Everybody started with huge struggles at the start. This is how it’s going

Personally, I think that RP should also be received for lose (but less), not subtract. That would change a lot in PvP.

Currently, Neo Monster for me as just a PvE game, I do not intend to spend a lot of time, money and nerves to “enjoy” in PvP :wink: And probably many think similarly.

1 Like

I can understand the frustration with PvP. I enjoy it lots but my brother does not. It was especially hard for hint to get into at the beginning as he had no good PvP legendaries for quite a while plus the battle speed was set to 1x at the time (now it is 2x).

Matchmaking is done in brackets so most of the time you should be meeting people that you have a good chance against. If you’re losing over and over you can expect to eventually meet some people who are easy to beat.

They had something like this in the past. They’ve tried different systems and tbh I think the current one is the best. Since they started this system they improved it by adding loads more “checkpoints” where your RP can’t drop below and we now only lose half the RP from a loss than we gain from a win. They also drastically reduced the RP required for rewards from 150k to 40k. It seems like it’s nicely set up now but I’m someone with a high win rate so I can’t speak from experience.

1 Like

I do agree. I don’t think you should lose any RP for a loss, you should just receive zero. I think there would be a lot more pvp participation if everyone was able to steadily move towards rewards.

1 Like

The problem with that is it encourages people to simply give up any match that looks tough and pick on weaker people.

The matchmaking brackets stop that to some extent, but the PvP experience is much better when people are properly trying to get wins.

Take the setup of Evertale for example… there’s a daily achievement for 1 win and an achievement for 3 matches played. Looks sensible design but in practice what happens is people want to rush their daily achievement and will often be doing it out of necessity rather than wanting to enjoy some PvP. Many matches start by someone immediately surrendering, either because they’ve already got their 1 win or they think they will have a better chance to win in one of their other two matches. With too many people doing this then many days people won’t even play to get their win because they’ll get granted it immediately by someone else surrendering.

Neo Monsters used to not take away RP from a loss in the system just before we got the current one. I can say from experience that it was a little like the Evertale example above. I had a noticeable percentage of games with the opponent surrendering after no more than a minute because the game wasn’t looking favourable and some immediately. This happens MUCH less now that people lose RP for a loss.

I do the same now. As I see a guy with only legends, I leave the match because I know I won’t win and I WILL NOT GET ANYTHING FOR THIS. I also lose my rating and as a result I get a smaller reward at the end of the season.

I don’t see any “fun” from losing 10 times and receiving 0 RP.

By the way, PvP is already dead. Very often doesn’t find me any opponent in the morning (CET timezone) or in the evening.

2 Likes

The ticket system is whats meant to limit people just leaving any match that looks tough by limiting how many times they are able to do that. I feel like with the current system, if you can’t max out a team with decent legends, pvp has little purpose and offers no fun. It took me at least a year to be able to play pvp and I have a newer on another phone, and it’s completely pointless. Part of those issues are matchmaking and part is that there just needs to be more players in pvp matches. I think changing RP, even slightly would help. Right now if you win 50% you can’t really get to 40k RP without some really lucky streaks.

3 Likes

@BlueArga I can’t really speak from experience for what it’s like in a lower bracket of PvP. If it’s taking you ages to find matches even during the ranked part of PvP then that’s a great shame. When someone has lots of legendaries it doesn’t necessarily mean they will win. If you can put together your team well enough to have synergy and you kill off the right enemy monsters to leave them with ones that don’t do much in the situation you can take control of the match and beat them.

In general, the RP rewards are not necessarily for everyone. Everyone can get the wins rewards but the RP rewards require more consistent wins. A few changes have been made to make them more accessible (40k final reward, lots of checkpoints and half RP for losses) so as long as your win rate is >33% in your bracket you should theoretically be able to get through them with some effort. It would help give some perspective if you shared your PvP screen here so we can see exactly how much you played, what your win rate was and what your hero rank is (your team too would be good). Otherwise, this could just be the ramblings of a new player who has no clue (no offence intended).

@shadow_x We get more than enough tickets to enter PvP… 48 a day! The tickets stop us from just retreating from everything to find easy wins but not by much if someone is happy to spread out their matches.

This is very true, but you can easily get up to 21k (3 wins is the biggest streak required) and it begs the question are the RP rewards really designed for those players with 50% win rate or below? The win rewards are for everyone but RP rewards are for the people that get consistent wins. Like I’ve said quite a few times here, they’ve been made far more accessible than before and I think the Devs have probably done a good enough job allowing most people to get them.

shadow_x has exhausted this topic and I have nothing more to add. I just hope that in the future developers will consider increasing the attractiveness of PvP so that it does not become completely dead.

I can show my team, but I don’t plan to continue playing PvP. Maybe in 5 years if something changes… :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the screenshot. Until you have evolved monsters and the max team cost (206 - hero rank 100) PvP can be all over the place. The matchmaking should be putting you against other people below hero rank 100. Once you have evolved your monsters you should be able to have far more success. Basically you need to be past that first 1-2 weeks stage then you can begin beating all the people in their first couple of weeks in the game.

shadow_x said how it took a year before he/she could play PvP but I would make the case that if you play consistently, do the PvE content as best you can and carefully use your gems then you can be competitive (top 100) in PvP after 1 year of free play. If you spend money then it can be even sooner… 6 months or maybe even 3-4 months. The first stage is getting towards hero rank 100, which takes maybe 3 months, and evolving all the strong monsters you have. By this point you’re in a fairly good position to have a properly functioning team, rather than incomplete monsters which don’t offer enough. Also, that’s enough time to get a large enough collection you can build some synergy between the monsters in your team. To start with PvP can be very rough as it highlights any shortfalls you have in your team and some people will simply have the power to blast through what you have.

I hope you can respect my opinion when I say that you’re saying it’s hard to get all the RP rewards when you’re still very new to the game without a properly developed team. RP, by design, is rewarded for consistent wins and at your stage it is steep to expect to get the RP rewards with ease. I hope you can stick with the game and enjoy it then at a later stage suggest an improvement to the RP system. I feel like you’re jumping in a bit early to offer your opinion, without fully experiencing if it’s balanced.

Maybe Killerdog should understand people’s hearts,psychology.

In general,a man weight double on losing than winning.So,two wins in three matches mean nothing.

This is why there’s few attendants in this pvp.

Present situation deprives a lot of fun not only from beginners,but also from the people who cost much time and money because they only feel annoying slow matching systems.Besides,they cannot win an overwhelming victory.

I think you’re too nervous about quick surrender.

It may be no fun.But you can avoid such situations by putting heavy penalties only on problematic persons.

Started neo on this aniversary, 25 days in the game , and having a blast in PvP except the few times when I don’t even get a turn during the fight but that has to be expected, rp system is fine compared to other games , it just that sometimes it just takes too long to find a match , and when it does connect I realise Im fighting the same guy I fought an hour ago, but it’s fun defeating someone whom you have lost to before , but pls fix the matchmaking time sometimes it takes like 10 mins to find a match…

1 Like

You do realize that the typical amount of RP for winning is double what you lose in a lose right? So if you have a 33% win rate or better you will gain

I think Yuma is referring more to the mental side of things. If you with 2 out of 3 then it can feel like your win rate is actually 50%. With a win rate of 50% it can feel even lower.

Personally I’d say this is all in someone’s head, done by their preconceptions and perhaps competitiveness. If you’re setting your sights too high and being unrealistic then ofc you’re going to end up demotivated to play more PvP.

My brother does not enjoy PvP much in games for this reason (among others). He wants probably better than 66% win rate before he’s comfortable. He can be incredible at the PvE in games but when that doesn’t translate into PvP skill he gets frustrated. I think many others are like him, but hopefully most people find ways to enjoy it anyway rather than choosing to only participate in PvP a small amount (that’s my brother’s way of coping).

What I’d suggest to anyone getting demotivated by losses in PvP:
Just go for it and do about 10 matches with whatever team you create. Take what you learn from those matches to tweak your team, maybe from what didn’t work in your team or having a look at what your opponent did with their team building and decision making. After the tweaks, do more matches (10-20) and keep tweaking. Hopefully by this point you have a rough idea of what win rate is realistic for you. Set that as your current achievement and aim for it each time. As you get new monsters over time try bringing them into your team/s. Any time you notice an increase in your win rate mark it as a personal achievement for yourself. Keep aiming for that new win rate and over time try to push it further. Doesn’t matter if you start with 20% if in 3 months it is 30% and 3 months more it is approaching 40%. We all start as total noobs in this game and the only way is up!

1 Like

Oh I see. If that’s what he meant then I apologize I misread

1 Like

Thank you all for your sincere replies in spite of my poor English.

And yes,that’s what I wanted to say.

Actually,my Win Rate is not so low.Thus,for me,urgent problem is there is few people in this PvP.And important thing is what “the others” think.

It may be sure the best answer to cope with this problem is that everyone changes his/her mind.But I feel this solution is somehow unpractical.

Because if you change nothing,then it keeps going on.The number of attendees in this pvp keeps low.

Besides,there’s another problem.If there’s few attendees and you feel your rival was too formidable in previous match,your reasonable tactic is quitting PvP because win rate in next match could be too low.

So,to keep enough numbers of attendees,we should take some measures.

One option is rewarding losers with something.And another option is avoiding troubles,wait-time searching for opponents.

For example,when someone enters PvP,then send system message to everyone who is playing PvE and is willing to fight with others.Active reactions will lead to good number of attendees.

Don’t be frustrated, go on. In the past two years, I have defeated many of my respected predecessors, I am finding new ideas of pvp now. This is a very interesting thing.

1 Like