Restriction mechanic should change

Sometimes monsters get punished for reducing the TU via potions.

Take my man Panda here.

If we keep his moves at 100 TU, he can use his secret skill after the first turn as the restriction is also 100TU.

However, if his moves are dropped to 85TU, that additional 15 TU required becomes awkward. If you can’t skip and have the opponent skip back or survive whatever they throw at you, you have to use another move.

Now it’s 170TU to use the secret skill.

Persephia is the another example (among many others)

That 8 TU difference between the move and restriction on Rebirth moves becomes awkward and she is punished for being +9

I propose that TU restrictions scale down with the TU reduction on the moves OR if that means some restrictions will become a bit too light, they’re adjusted for each monster where it makes sense. For example simply change Panda’s to be 85 TU

Thoughts team?

@Dev_VKC

11 Likes

Completely agree, and it’s one of the most impactful & important updates that I’d like to see. It’s been a long time, but I posted about this issue in 2018(!!!)

4 Likes

Bovocals puvity 50s and death match mode ( use after 50s) . If bovocals +3 or more, we need skip turn to use

Following a logic to the users (the players), it is really annoying, I take Bundam as an example, I used it in 05/09 in reduction of seconds to be able to use its SS without having to skip a turn.

I understand that the developers’ logic could be to keep these abilities as they are and it would be like a hidden “nerf”. But if not, tell us how we can help you to make the change faster. Making a list of the monsters with these drawbacks could help?

Doomengine is probably the worst victim of this type of thing.

2 Likes

Also when we skip with a monster those TU restricted skills often fails to activate (Swallow for example).

It should be done quite carefully, as that could hurt other time related combo monsters like Aethereon, Leira etc.

I used it with (slowed) Shiny Jocodragon to have it be charged on the first turn.

1 Like

The optimal way to use Doomengine for activating 150 sec twin bomb is +6 while you need it at +0 to reliably activate 100 sec bomb without skips. It’s awkward.

Runedragon can Polymerize after 100 sec so if you want to do one confident strike, you need to keep it at +0

Another one is Wraithcaptain but with that one you usually want to do blood clone next + sleep double, then Morphean bomb.

atlantyrant epidemic is another. link poison all is 100 tu. epidemic restriction is 100 tu from 1st turn. needs to stay +0

(i feel like atlantyrant could be a buff candidate but you would have to be very careful or it could easily become too powerful).

I don’t understand. There is a mechanic in the game that allows you to reduce the attack seconds of a monster if, for example, these skills are linked to a certain time limit. I understand that you want to do it while keeping the reduction of yourself but I think it’s good like that

1 Like

It’s not really intuitive that hatching dupes which is supposed to be a buff to the monster disrupts the “rhythm” of the moveset. It’s not really fair towards the monsters that depend of that rhythm because in their case having reduced seconds is a hindrance. You could argue that they still get an entrance speed boost, which is true, but it just feels like a waste to turn off the boost to ensure the proper functionality of the monster.

Actually, the right way to do this is that you’re allowed to lower skills TU individually, and not as a whole. Which would keep it fair.
You can decide which skills go to +9, which ones stay at 0 or even in a middle point.

In your Panda’s case, for instance, you’ll have to decide if you want to lower his TU and sleep/stun/poison faster, or if it is more convenient to leave it at 100 TU and make the SS combination.

Another example:
I always leave my Bulbieboom at +0 skill TU bonus. I do this because when I do link stunning flash (maybe this is the right translation to the name of the skill) I prefer it stays at the higher possible TU. The bad thing about this is that the rest of the skills have also to be at +0, which makes absolutely no sense.

At the beginning of Neo Monsters, monsters and skills were more simpler and you always wanted to make everything faster. Now we have so many new skills and combinations that the way TU bonus works can’t be that simple anymore. It can’t just be “all faster or all slower”, it should also allow you to make a personalized mix of both

2 Likes

This one and @NERO_Raghnius 's Bundam case are other good examples of what I mean.
You should be able to set Bovolcals purifying skill at +0 while the rest ones at +9; and Bundam’s guardian and terminator mode at +9, Cut of power at +3 (this would give you a 310 secs combination) and the rest ones at +9.

2 Likes

I think it is perfectly fine idk if it makes sense lol, but having tt , other gimmicks not line up perfectly with tu restrictions helps in mid battle and gives a chance to counter and it is a good thing.

These secret skills are quite effective, decreasing their time required is too big of a buff, just use potions to increase entrance speed and not moves

Or maybe Devs could split the reductions. We should be able to tweak speed entrance and skills tu separately.

2 Likes

Good point. This should likely only scale for “x sec after the user’s turn” moves and not for “x sec from the start of battle” moves

Personally I’d take it on a monster by monster basis and just manually adjust the TU requirement for some SS to account for the +9 TU drop. That way they can leave out anything that would be broken from the buff

I don’t think making this change in a broad way is smart. There are too many monsters with very sensible time restrictions that when made lower would be an unnecessary buff.

However, as highlighted, on a few monsters it doesn’t line up nicely and it’s usually due to TU reductions on the moves in a buff the monster got. The time restriction should’ve been reduced at the same time as the buff! For example, Pandamonium used to have 120TU skills (if I remember correctly) so at +9 that was 102TU, perfectly lining up with 100s restriction. Persephia had 70TU throw next, 59TU being perfect for 50s restriction (the 50s restriction actually came as a buff anyway, used to be 1+ kill required like Hellfox).

So basically just fix the specific cases where this is a problem I reckon.

3 Likes

I would hate to see Persephia get a TU increase. One kill would be fine.