Secret skill alterations

For the upcoming update I just want to gather everyone’s opinion on changes to secret skills that should be implemented. Be reasonable and refrain from posts such as “BB should be 20 cost because it’s OP” or “Malwing’s blowback should be changed”.

This thread should bring to light the unnecessary secret skills as well as unreasonable secret skill costs. I’ll give a few examples:

Nebelronix: Instant risky heal is generally a waste and not worth unlocking. Too much risk for little reward, thus not worth an ocarino or the 14 cost for that matter.

Leogeist: As promising as the “inspire” SS is, it’s not worth 16 cost. The situations in which you can benefit the most from it are extremely limited. Sleep prevents effective use of it and you can’t use it on a poisoned mon. Arguably its biggest potential was immediately restricted. It’s good but not worth the 16 cost. Leo doesn’t even need it so there isn’t an enticing reason to use it. Either reduce the TU of inspire or reduce the cost to at most 15.

Tortogeist: Once you look past its “OP” passive, you’ll find that its moveset is laughable. Only move you need is protect teammates and the baby summon is a luxury move. Tort generally doesn’t survive long enough to use drain survivor and aoe is just a standard move.

If it doesn’t use drain survivor then how do you expect it to use megabomb? A joke of a SS. Only OoO makes sense and even that’s hard to pull off. The problem is that it’s a stun absorber and always ends in 1000secs from this stun meta. Utopian has overwatch to remedy that, tort doesn’t. Anyway, 16 cost is definitely not worth it. Either change it to 14 cost if the SS remains the same, or give it a low TU move worth the 16 cost. (E.g instant baby summon).

Feel free to suggest secret skills for mons that don’t have one as well…

2 Likes

So wait. It is or it ia not against the rules to talk about Mals SS here…?

As long as you’re being constructive and suggesting a worthwhile alternative. Then feel free to do so.

We both know mal isn’t going to change anytime soon anyway…:wink:

I would like to focus on other legendaries though. There is already a malwing thread and quite frankly it gets boring talking about the same mon.

Wait so are we only talking about SS that need to be improved. Not ones that are already OP?

First off, I agree with all your ss statements.

Blitz deer - 15 cost - swift stealth all - Blitz is an attacking monster and the most direct counter for him is poison. His play style is in and out, reindeer bomb.

Suggestion: link purifying mist (but purify would be useless) or Link shield

Chronotitan - 15 cost - bomb ll - it’s hard enough trying to get one bomb to tick but having a second one seems redundant. Now I understand it might be useful for pve, but pvp it seems useless.

Suggestion: (aegis barrier but on self)

Polaboss - 15 cost - second wind - his passive is a health gainer per attack. Only thing it would be useful for is highly situational when dealing with shield or hg monster and he is also at hg.

The secret skills I don’t like:

• Dragaia’s Instant Backstab (16), it simply adds too much cost for such a risky strategy as last bite. Should be 15 cost.
  • Solariels’ Link Ultimate Sacrifice (16), simply too much cost for a link move on a quite bad monster. Should be 14 cost.
  • Aurodragon’s Instant Switch Friend (15), the monster is so revolved around the passive and requires a strong team around it that it’s almost always better to keep at a lower cost. The 50s restriction is also a deterrent (although quite important for balancing as it’s 1TU). Would work better as 14 cost.
  • Chronozeros’ Summon Guardians (15), the 4* starters come with half speed and not much to offer. Maybe it’s good for the newer players but later on this is a waste. Best suggestion I saw was to make a random one of the starters the 5* version… that would be cool and maybe make it 16 cost then too.
  • Gloreonix’s Timestrike All (15), while seemingly appropriate the damage isn’t particularly strong in most cases and the stun isn’t enough to do it. The true strength of this monster is with the stuns and bloodcrave, giving you controlled kills. It would be much better as swift timestrike double (50TU).
  • Utopion’s Saving Spell (16), with the addition of healing give turn there is not much reason for the secret skill. It’s a nice move but adding +3 is silly. It would be much more suitable as 14 cost or being something like swift/link purifying mist (70/50TU).
  • Tortogeist’s 400s megabomb (16), as noted above the moveset is really bad on this monster. Protector with survivor + megabomb is almost useless. It makes sense to create a bad moveset with the OP passive but the SS could at least add a cool link move or something. For example, Link double give turn (100TU) with no restriction from first turn but can’t be used on itself.
  • Mechaviathan’s Instant Shield Self (16), for +3 cost almost nobody will use this. It should be 15 cost instead.
  • Nebelronix’s Instant Risky Heal (14), this is completely the opposite to what you want to do on the monster. It should be something more useful like instant shield ally (1TU) with 15 or 16 cost.
  • Polaboss’ Second Wind (15), completely useless because it heals from every attack anyway. I would much prefer instant cure (1TU) which heals all allies by a small amount with 15 or 16 cost.

That’s my list of ones which I don’t think I’d ever use. There are a few which could be improved but not going to spend ages writing them here. I completely get how for some monsters the cost when you add the secret skill is reflecting the true strength of the monster rather than necessarily what the secret skill is adding but it would be FAR better design if each secret skill was at least worth considering. Angelion’s is a good example of one that adds +3 cost and is extremely situational on a monster that’s overpowered without it. It’s silly design but there are some cases where you’d want to use the SS, so it’s at least getting used.

Completely disagree with this. Took me over a year to get Gear and Titan SS was the reason why I could get to gk400-500 without gear.

Warca SS seems useless to me as well. Fine, it adds control but Bazil’s SS is much more useful and Warca’s just doesn’t suit the monster. In today’s meta this move would be “instant purifying sendback” or “instant healing sendback” etc. :stuck_out_tongue:. I suggest protect self 50 TU or instant knockback next. Thoughts on this?

Also, slightly off topic but feel like everyone forgot again about AUTO POISONERS (aka Omegas, Tia, Flamie). THEY NEED SECRET SKILLS!!!111. The most out dated monsters in the game atm.

NOPE! I would be pissed if bomb II was changed into something useless in comparison. It’s easy to pull off 2 bombs with proper setup. And not every monster has to be on the pvp side, titan is a beast in pve.

Also the legendary sleepers (Gold, loch and shadow) and bane

4 Likes

Change Chronozeros, Nebel, warca and utopian’s SS. Also think Gyo’s speed should be slightly lower but not too much. When is the update?

2 Likes

Raven secret needs to be changed. I suggest either swaft cannibliase or a killer move such as swaft faststrike

What if Blowback sends Malwing back in a random position of the reinforcements?

3 Likes

What if bowback sends malwing to the opponet reinforcement lol.

5 Likes

What if malwing sends the opponent reinforcement to the blowback

3 Likes

I agree with Gleoronix, I use it as part of my main pvp team and unless you manage to stun youre oponent well over 300 sec timestrike all does hardly any damage. I think it should get a damage buff for the ss

I love this idea for Warca! It could even be “instant shield ally” and make Warca 15 cost.

Reven’s secret skill is one of the best that got added in the most recent update. It’s insanely good when you’re using Reven in PvE! After the first death you get a huge collection of sweeping moves available for different situations. It’s also great for facing super buffed enemies (UC or Balancion’s) because you have two revenant attacks per Reven so can start killing enemies much sooner.

Yeah a damage buff is another good idea. Timestrike double would probably make the monster better because of the control but a damage buff means it can keep the same design.

Warca SS is better then bazils if you look at the big picture and not as a stand alone monster.

Buddy you dont even know what your talking about with reven

Only way I could see this helping him is by bringing in a protector or sleep/stun entrance. Otherwise sendback as a move is not that special.

Bazil stun, warca can bring in a stunner while getting rid of a stunned/unusefull team member.

Let’s give malwing blood clone next.

2 Likes