Questions

Time units and bench lineup is still the same :slight_smile: This is actually our favorite aspect of the game, we really put a lot of thought into this to make it standout from other monster collection rpgs. We do have a lot of new unique skills which should make the game more strategic. For PvP, theres a limit on how many monsters you can take to battle. We have control over this on our side, so we can change the limit every week. 10-15-20 etc. Another important rule is duplicates. You cant have the same exact monster in your lineup in PvP. This should make it more strategic.  

We are definitely open to suggestion, our first time trying PvP :slight_smile:

For finding people to fight with are you going to match players based on their hero level?  So that the scenario of; “I am level 3 and I got paired with a level 10, the game is so unfair!” doesn’t happen.

Yeah the apple servers being down are really screwing with my ( and for that matter the rest of them) ability to beta test gof alliances. I was so excited now I is so sad. :frowning:

On topic: What news have we of the servers coming back anytime soon?

we use a elo score system (at least trying to make one), we take your record into account when matching players. also, all monsters are given a level from our side = it becomes a strategic battle to the top instead of who has the highest level monsters. this also prevents hackers who sneak past our detection system to not have a significant advantage, as all variables are given by our servers (they can not edit monster strength, levels etc past the limit) . How strong you are comes down to your monsters and the combination (order in lineup).

no news…they are still working on it. i think they will notify everyone once its back up…

how depressing. Apple I know your better than this. I demand fixes!!!

That’s nice! I have to say I would hate to see a hacker one shot a level 120 with a level 1 witch was (sadly enough) easily accomplished in DIB.

Cool, thanks for your response.  No duplicates is a great thing to enforce.  I saw that a lot in another game I played.  People could choose who they dueled though and usually blacklisted people who used duplicates of OP monsters.  

Can’t wait to discover what species synergize with each other.

I also wonder is the multiplayer going to be strictly pvp or will there be some co-op mixed in?

Okay cool, I am glad you guys did think of that.  I have seen plenty of games that don’t try to balance the multiplayer.

Perfect example: World of Tanks:
Me: yeah I got a tier 3 tank! Oh hey friend with another tier 3 tank would you like to fight along side me?
Friend: why yes I would!
Game: ok two tier 3s best add them to a match with tier 5s 6s and 7s! Best of luck!

That would be funny if the game actually said “Best of Luck!”

It does, just without saying it flat out. There are always much higher tier already blown up tanks near your spawn from the last match so you know what to expect. That is why a am an artillery unit.

Anyway lets get back to questions about Hunter Island and the development of the game.

Great idea! Hey devs any plans to make the game harder to hack so those( insert offensive word here) petty hackers can’t spam them selves a bunch of gold eggs by adding “un” to a Certain word in a certain file, or modify the gold earned and gold spent values like in DIB. If you need help with this I’m a good encryptor!

I believe they mentioned that when talking about multiplayer.

Oh speaking of eggs, will eggs be avaliable in Hunter Island?  If so how will they effect multi-player?  The game could turn to a pay to win, in other words I buy a lot of gold to get eggs, then I get good monsters.  I go level those monsters up and destroy players who aren’t able to get as many eggs.  

oh god no dont wish that upon us!!! also will this game require internet to play of will there be offline singleplayer?

I feel think it will be offline singleplayer cause they are using Gamecenter, and I am able to go offline on all Gamecenter games.

Oh I know you guys aren’t working on any now, but after the release of HI are you planning on adding monsters and quests?

I think thats what the monster suggestion forum is for. so id say yes