PvP?

It would be an inconvenience for the opposing player. You would simply halt the game as it is and put a “Waiting for [name] to connect…” with a timer, and if the timer reaches 0 then we can proceed to end the match with a loss for that player, have an AI take over, or whatever else. But if the player who disconnected connects again during that waiting period, the battle resumes where left off.

Topic reopened.

Keep it civil.

Remember you can debate topics without it getting personal.

Lets have fun, yes?

You got it! Lets get back to PvP!

PVP fun so any ideas what rewards one would get for this PVP stuff other then the satisfaction of crushing your friends and people you don’t like.

GO READ STUFFS!!!

Bring on the posts!!!

Update on this. The pvp is “working”. I am sure there are bugs related to disconnects and abilities that do things that multiplayer currently doesn’t handle but you can go on there and whack at each other until one side wins! We want to get all the important bugs fixed for single player before we focus our attention on multiplayer. So it will be a bit longer.

Pvp sounds great but im worried about how this would work with the easy ways to disconnect i agree something like a 15 second counter to reconnect would be a good idea but the likely hood of the person reconnecting is extremely small and not sure if its even worth coding. That being said maybe a stike process like one disconect u get a worning two u lose silver three you lose gold four maybe a powerful monster put on a time out temporarily… Just an idea…
Also! I think there needs to be a way better than just hero level for match making. To keep someone from just buying eggs and crashing through people that try to earn all thier EARN in the game. Maybe average monster level or stars and/or an elo system like league of legends. But i cant wait for the new game!

i agree something like a 15 second counter to reconnect would be a good idea but the likely hood of the person reconnecting is extremely small and not sure if its even worth coding.

Some people have really shaky internet connections that sometimes go out for just a second or two and then go back on. This is quite common and it would be unfair for a person to lose a battle due to a second the internet blinks out.

That being said maybe a stike process like one disconect u get a worning two u lose silver three you lose gold four maybe a powerful monster put on a time out temporarily… Just an idea…

Why punish people for something outside of their control? That’s great if a person is forcing a disconnect, but usually it isn’t the person’s fault.

Also! I think there needs to be a way better than just hero level for match making.

They’re looking into an ELO system. Hero level doesn’t even exist in this game.

I was just talking from experience playing pvp strategy style games… You can usualy tell who will win very early in a match and id say 99% of the time a disconnect happends from the person losing wether On purpose or not. i cant recall a single time where i have been getting beat and luckily have the winning person dc… All i was saying is that if pvp is anything like the matches in dib people will abuse the disconnect. If they are down 5 of his strongest monsters and the other player hasn’t lost one hes most likely going to lose and wont want to spend the next ten minutes getting his ■■■ kicked… I was simply giving ideas on how to keep people from abusing it. its not fair for a player that wants to have a good game and play a FULL game only to have to wait 20 seconds and have the game end half way through… its not fun

Assuming a wait time to reconnect can’t be implemented in the system, then we would have to go with your idea. Because you are right when you say the disconnect system would be heavily abused. So if it isn’t a person’s fault, that sucks for them but it has to be that way to protect against force disconnects.

A “Wait time to reconnect” system would help for those who quickly get disconnected due to an internet issue and then come back on fairly soon - it would allow the fight to go on.

There’s still the other option to consider - if a player disconnects, let the AI take over that player’s set of monsters either to the end of the fight or until the player reconnects.

I think the ai system would be great and allow them to reconnect, if it could be done. No need for a count down then, ai could just start and the player could reconnect when available. I like that :slight_smile:

Another thing i was thinking about was a good sportsman thing that ppl can see if there is a profile or in the match up screen like strategic player or strong competitor kind of like the friendly, teamwork and honoable opponate things in l.o.l

Erm, never mind. I didn’t read something and suggested something that was already suggested. Can’t find the delete button, either. Sorry.

I like the AI idea, by the way.

honestly, i think that AI would be too easy to beat. real players use strategy, such as what does the opponent think i will do, and what will he do against it, and counter using that thought process. AI tends to not do that, and instead just spam one move over and over. not only would disconnecting be a problem during battles, but before battles as well. players could cheat and not hit start for the battle and just put their phone away, forcing the other player to disconnect. the same for during battles.

another issue i hope doesnt happen is:

one esper or one team being wayy overpowered. such as virgo with geomon. in geomon, there was a esper called virgo that had the moves shield, heal, and revive. as long as the opponents move does less that half your health, then it would have no effect if you used shield before. they then could use heal and if they die, they can revive once. keeping this in mind, if there was an overpowered set of moves like that in hunter island, it would make it harder for the player to counter the the opponent, but it would cause frustrating things to happen, like two of the same ones against eachother, which could take hours, so it really wont be strategy if this happens, just shield heal then revive, or some different overpowered moves like in hunter island. also, another possible big problem that happened with geomon and is likely to happen with hunter island is over half the people you battle using the same team. people always used kit (the low defense, insanely high attack and speed), golem(the insane stunner/tank), pongo(hard hitting fast attacker+stunner, virgo(explained earlier), and one other esper. now in hunter island, id expect there to be teams just like this, so id say games need alot of variation between tanks, high attackers, and high speed espers. there wasnt that much in geomon, and they all tended to be weaker than the above espers. now these problems have happened withpvp in alot of games, such as defender of texel (in a way.) audelina and enzuna are one of the most overpowered monsters, thus presenting problems because whoever has those almost always wins. their stats and skill are much better than the other monsters, and the few with the same skill as them cant even begin to have nearly the same stats. what im basically saying is that hunter island cant have some monsters be wayyy overpowered all other monsters, you need to have many monsters that can effectively counter that monster, and type differences arent enough.

Good points jjchen.  I think once we start to beta test, we will get a better idea of how things are balanced for PvP.  Don’t worry, I’m watching out for the little guy that won’t have a team of super ultra awesome rare OHKO monsters. 

these sorts of games are always prone to these issues.  On one hand, you want really awesome monsters to aspire to catching and using.  On the other hand, once you catch some of these, you put yourself into a higher tier of players.  If everyone owns Monster Awesomeon then it comes down to the skill of how each player uses it.  Like an EX pokemon.  One player using them in a deck would not be fair against a player with none.  But if both players have an equal number of EX, then the game remains fair and fun.  I hope that this game keeps things in check so that there is not ONE monster valued above all others.  And, yes, such monsters should have counters, or balanced weaknesses. 

Regarding the AI taking over for a player: I like this idea.  Much preferable to somebody starting a duel and then going AFK, or cutting their wifi to win by default or something.  Normally when there is a disconnect that ends a duel, you can’t tell exactly who disconnected.  Hopefully, here the server will know and activate the AI for that player.  The other player may get an easy win. Unless one team is much stronger than the other, I would say that’s fine and preferable.  Hopefully the player matching algorithm reduces too many one-sided battles. thinking in terms of Dragon Island Blue, monsters have fewer moves than those from Geomon and so the AI has fewer options there.  The strategy is more dependent on building your lineup.  I’m pretty sure duplicates will not be allowed, so that one strong monster is also just one of a whole bunch.  How will you strategize to fill the rest of your team?  The possibilities are huge. 

So now is it going to be ready in the initial release?

That´s what they are planing.

That’s why they reopened the beta, to test the PVP

Is PVP only through Gamecenter?

Or could we do PVP in game without each other’s gamecenter ID?

It’s only through Gamecenter for now. And if there’s another way, I’m not aware of it.

You don’t need each others’ ID unless you want to fight against them specifically. Otherwise, you just log in and it pairs you against someone else with a Gamecenter account. It’s random.