Onyxia and the Mythics

I think the attack itself doesn’t wake up the affected monsters. Could be wrong since it’s been ages since I used Onyxia.

yes, it doesn’t wake up.

but what I meant was that you don’t want to kill the sleep monsters, you want them to be sleep locked while you are eating through their monsters. :slight_smile:

Don’t forget you will have +9 on Onyxia plus you can accelerate. If it was 100TU for dreaded wave that’s something like 70TU once accelerated… only needs 3 attacks to sweep the whole enemy team which is so easily done with sleep and definitely OoO.

I reckon 130TU for single target and 160TU for hit all sounds most reasonable.

@Dev_VKC Thanks so much for buffing these moves. Nobody had any idea what the purpose of these moves was and to Onyxia it was an especially heavy nerf.

130 TU single target will change nothing for the second form. That’s way too much. Either change the move, buff damage or reduce TU drastically but it simply shouldn’t be the case that a mythic second form has literally less than nothing to offer.

3 Likes

For some reason people don’t get why one for one is usually used (to sleep lock them and not kill them) for and also everyone run angelion or camo monsters which makes one for one frontline’s not really viable for this guy anymore.

The second stage- scorpionyx is all about getting it two kills through hold ground monsters or tanky monsters which can be pushed to below 20% hp and fatal sting can also be used on those with less than 500 hp left. Than it can charge bloodthirst. I have only this one mythic and it works properly not more than 60-70% times but once it gets to the bloodthirst, it destroys everything and becomes an OOO factor for my team with a Bitterbeast to life flip it and elem healing possible with a give-turner (mecha in my case). But I feel piercing or the ultradusk would have been better.

Again don’t revive old threads

I never understood what the problem with replying to an old thread is.

1 Like

There’s no point in doing so

What if you have something new to add to the discussion?

2 Likes

Agreed.

2 Likes

Views might be outdated since game keeps changing with balance updates and new monster additions . Also those who took part in conversation might have quit the game .

So it’s best to open a new thread . Old threads might also have unnecessary opinions and bitterness among the members which might revive by reviving dead threads .

Once burried must stay burried .

But necroing is so funny

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Link deathstoke :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Okay so let’s give it a buff.
1.Not too strong but let’s increase the damage of AoE of both the second and third stages to at least 30%. Scorpionyx (2nd stage) and Onyxia (3rd stage) are mostly good for nothing. So this buff will allow them to at least counter confindent and overconfident strikers.
2. Talking about second stage, maybe applicable to the final stage also.
The skills stun converter and fatal sting makes it vulnerable to chrono killer and toxic killer-too common moves in PvP. So let’s change fatal sting to piercing blow or slash all.
Imho PIERCING BLOW is a good idea coz it should not have 2 AoEs and also piercing goes with it’s ELEM Healing.
3. If not changing fatal sting to piercing blow, devs can change the skill Bloodthirst to Bloodfury even for the second stage. It’s just tooo difficult to get 2 kills with it.
I know there’s another update coming soon so even this can be added with the emergency update.
@Dev_VKC @Dev_BRD

It’s his unique skill and very useful in PvE
Onyxia is fine it just needs a lil speed buff and a lil more versatility

I have to disagree with these changes. The despairing/dreaded wave is a very powerful move that would be pushing into the overpowered range if it received a buff. Fatal sting is the unique part of its moveset that is important to have for the reason it’s Onyxia’s unique move but also because it’s very interesting. It would be turning away from the essence of what makes Onyxia the monster it is. Piercing blow would be a downgrade in my opinion and very boring, while slash all is pointless when you have dreaded wave.

Changing bloodthirst to bloodfury on the second form I absolutely agree with. I’ve made the suggestion myself. It made sense having bloodthirst on the second form back when there was assisted blight because that gave a kill too easily but now there’s an upgraded despairing wave, the powerful SS and stun converter -> stun counter as benefits from evolving… it doesn’t also need bloodthirst going up to bloodfury.

1 Like

This is what I desperately want.