Feb 2019 update balance changes

Some excellent changes here to the mythics! They’ve been made more usable in general. I’m especially glad to see some of my own suggestions being included in there (thanks for adding stun absorber to XY-450M). I they’re almost all perfectly done, couldn’t ask for better.

The only bit I’m a little unsure about is bloodthirst/bloodfury (removing raw) from Onyxia and its earlier forms. Stun counter + one-shot, reusable move + the ability to be protected seems way too easy to abuse. We’ve had Angelion out for more than 6 months now and it’s highly regarded as one of the best and hardest to deal with monsters in PvP. Onyxia is arguably harder to set up but if it can be protected once it gets going then that is super super powerful. I’m open to trying it out like this but I reckon it’s better balanced with raw on it.

3 Likes

I’d love an Onyxia. He’d suit my team perfectly. It’s mistletorment that worries me now. Purifying overwatch seems crazy!

Dragulus is still NOT unique !!! Can be one shot by a freaking super epic who has wall breaker !!

Excessive force styled death revenge!! Why lol …That’s not unique , it’s just hurried up minor change…

U know what would be unique . Changing excessive force to dragon force with excessive force ! Everytime the monster makes a kill , it death marks enemy entering next ! Too much ?

Dragulus has a unique death revenge… a piercing one. It is unique just like Mistletorment’s healing desperate stampede.

1 Like

Actually mistle isnt unique as well… Goat girl , snow monster are true uniqueness imo :thinking:
New moves will get added into game eventually but tagging them under mythic banner is a big NO-NO… mythics should have unique movesets !

I am literally so happy @Dev_VKC thank you for giving Drax DR in its middle stage. I’m literally crying tears of joy.

2 Likes

Uh, you were against adding stun absorb to XY-450M. That was my suggestion lol.

2 Likes

I haven’t looked into all the balance updates. Removing RAW from scorpion is OP but then he is a mythic so let it be OP. Don’t have it but happy for people to get this buff. Mythics are expensive as hell so it’s will deserved.

I just wanna thank the devs for making some changes that have bothered the hell out of me for a long time

1. We can now switch between team slots even when they are empty or over cost.

2. We can now check the moves in our Pokedex of monsters we have battled.

Such little tweaks but they make my life a hell of a lot easier when playing this game. I don’t need to ask others about certain moves for certain monsters that I don’t own ect

Also the change with the team slots…Well I’ve cursed that one to Oblivion for over half a year now. Should have been like that from day one but still…I thank you for doing this.

Love some of these changes. Especially the 3rd page which features alot of the community suggestions (vulc passive, gazer and chrono killer, and more).

A bit worried about pure overwatch. Isnt it OP? You cant counter him now (only with exessive force)… once he makes his first overwatch you got some big problems coming up.

Ih and about the team slots changes and new filter - one of the best things ever happened here

3 Likes

I also really appreciate the quality of life changes the devs made, and agree that the mythics are mythical (disclaimer I own Terragoul (Earth mythic)) they should be stronger than legendaries or at least equal to the avg one in their second form…And as a person that will likely never be able to awaken him I appreciate the buff to all stages of him…Question now for the audience…Do u think the mythics are viable in PvE? And PvP? Or which ones specifically are or aren’t?

Once overwatch goes off you have to lose a monster or have delugazar/dragulus.

Lose a monster (of his choice ofcourse) plus waste a bunch of turns to get him to HG 2 times and then killing him. And thats without give turns / using the rest of the team meanwhile.

Sorry, thats op.

Honestly, if mistle does setup and gets overwatch going, then u just chip it down and let it take out the one mon of urs then kill it before it gets setup again…I think a mythic should have a very good chance of at least two kills let alone one…It is like a 1% roll rate

Very strong for sure.

Sorry in that other thread I was more focused on the other changes you were proposing and made two points: a mythic monster shouldn’t have its complete moveset before awakening and that XY-450M didn’t need any changes (more specifically in reference to the buffs you were saying it needed to be better than X-100S). Previously I’d spoken to Dev_VKC directly and asked for XY-450M to have stun absorber added because it’s actually a bit of a nerf on the final form so shouldn’t be missing from the second form (same way Tortogeist 2nd form needed either stun absorber or a nerfed revenge passive).

Yeah it’s strong, but that’s what the person is paying 15 cost for and it’s a mythic after all. They’re probably not going to get more than one kill with Mistletorment so it’s a good distraction with a more guaranteed trade than before. You can kill it before its first turn, you can put it to sleep, kill it with a piercing move (now a huge number of these available) or you can knock back to deal with it later where you might have any of the other options available. It’s still got counters, but poison isn’t one any more!

Could u give ur opinion on the mythics? Which ones are viable…PvE PvP…What support u think they need? Perhaps what ways to counter them? Or answering any of the above would be appreciated because I always feel ur opinions are very detailed and backed up by facts (not saying others aren’t) and u seem open to helping beginners based on ur guides…If you don’t have time no worries, won’t hurt my feelings or anything

I think it was decent update across the board, alot of good things. Community wont have much room to complain since majority of it is exactly what was asked for lol. Im disapointed in Vulcaroth passive though there was good potential to make it a good unique one but atleast he got one. Beggars can’t be choosers i guess. Thanks for the improvements Devs :+1:

Thanks for the kind words but I’m heading off to bed right this minute. I’ll be doing an update to the tier list thread now we’ve got this month’s NM update. In that update I’ll be adding all the mythics and saying a bit about them. I’ll also add a review of them to my guide thread at some point soon (I’m slowly working my way through it). Those won’t answer all your questions but hopefully give you an idea. I get the feeling there will be a lot of disagreement between people on rating the mythics though… I’m preparing myself for lots of backlash.

1 Like

Ok perfect I look forward to reading them…That will likely be good enough, if u could put a brief summary of strengths and weaknesses I know I would appreciate it…Others probably would to but again if you don’t have the time your list will help add to what I think on them! Thx

Drag will be paper to avia, nice update overall. Love the Leobolt SE :grinning: