OLD Tier List

Seeing Prismaryx so high up is an odd, but welcoming sight when you factor in how it used to be one of the worst legendary monsters.

Thanks for the positive feedback from you all :slight_smile: It was hard to get things bang on where I wanted them on the first pass. I tried to check it over after completion but there are too many listed to spot everything immediately.

@Yakuza Hellfox is A+ (just correcting because you said A). I agree heā€™s brilliant itā€™s just that with his lack of immunities or hold ground heā€™s a bit weak to getting disabled and that first move is 160TU (double retribution) which means he often sits there on the field for a long time before being very good. You can more value from other S and S+ monsters in that time so the Hellfox + TT combo is basically the way to use it well. Hence, it is quite reliant on a particular other monster surviving in order to be brilliant. Iā€™d like to have it S (when it was originally released I requested Buckingham to put it S+ a couple of times) but I donā€™t think it can quite make that tier right now.

@Phantom00 Yeah it was classed as among the worst (with Rexo, Kami, Cryo and Sancta) for a very long time. Iā€™m very glad to see it shining through now. Hopefully this means the Devs will offer it more frequently.

Thank you @Killerdog for your dedication in updating this list!

Update

Adding this weekā€™s newest legendary!

Notes:
Elmowraith will be added as soon as I know how much damage Morphean bomb does. Heā€™s the first fire sleeper other than a couple of the standard SEs which is interesting but means he struggles to find a good place. I feel like the link move is kind of pointless anyway because in 140TU you can do two single sleeps and thatā€™s typically better because if it misses the important target you can get another chance quickly. The only thing sleep double would be useful for is when you get lucky and get both to sleep or to get around a protector. With slow speed, low defence and no passives Elmowraith is not looking flashy, but any 70TU sleeper can be decent and that Morphean bomb might be dreamhunt damage in which case there are some potential combos created by him.

Additions:
Megaiasloth goes in at B for general and B+ for PvP, boasting the highest natural combination of health and defence in the game this monster can tank a lot of damage. However, with a lack of protect focus he doesnā€™t create quite as strong wall as protect focus monsters nor does he have the gravity field which makes Skeleviathan so difficult for the opponent to get past. Where Megaiasloth makes up for this weaker defence is with his exhaustive attack that one-shots anything at 160TU. Falling asleep is no issue because heā€™s got auto-protect but it means he cannot be used as a sweeper with give turn monsters. Sadly both the secret skill and sleep killer are practically pointless due to exhaustive attack putting him asleep (overwatch fails) and his damage being too low to kill anything. Additionally, stun immunity seems like an odd choice here. Overall he creates an interesting alternative to Skeleviathan that is less of a wall but with kill potential if he can get turns.

Movements:
[none]

Nice summary, i also find Megaiasloth SS to be impractical. I think its strange the Devs gave him that as it also makes him vulnerable to chrono killers and doesnt really suit his skill set. He is also vulnerable to sleep killer despite only putting himself to sleep. Iā€™m not sure if his defence was made so high due to him having a variety of counters but its seems he is really only meant to be part of link earth/mortar teams

Nice update. As a heavy holy link user for the last 3 pvps now I can confirm it being the best element regarding link strategies atm.
Heavenswyrmā€™s 80s survivor is no joke, neither is its versatility and the difficulty to get rid of him behind a protector. Same applies to confident strike at 100s.
Feels like low tu moves are overall the way to go right now. Hence according to my experience I fully agree with your explanation on TT and the high tu moves in general. Keeping the kill streak going is often more valuable than 8 quick kills at the beginning of a match, leaving your monsters at 150s+. I won a lot of matches because my opponent got overexcited with his black beast or poison eaters cutting through my monsters without paying attention about keeping the "flow"on his side.

Overall great analysis and reasonable rating killerdog.

2 Likes

On the other hand, when a charged BB does keep flow, thatā€™s gg.

1 Like

To do this to the top PvP teams in practice you need to set it up very well. What my main PvP team does is mess up their line-up with Lunartic and Jackal. I try to do knockback random on the Bronzeshells so after Lunartic is gone and Iā€™m at the Delugazar part of my team itā€™s a lot easier to kill off loads of their monsters and still leave them in a position where they canā€™t fight back.

There are many ways to do it but low TU sweeping is becoming a better option now compared to TTs with sweepers.

1 Like

@Killerdog
So I tested blazaiga
The fire, confident strike , tactical retreat SE.
Since due to its 100 secs retreat restriction, itā€™s not viable at FL,

Confident strike damage is pretty good without attack boost which is in range of 4800-5100
Except against water elements.

I think if +9 with acceleration strike gets at 59tu, .which is really good.
So A+ tier for me :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the opinion and testing. I think A+ is probably the right place for it when talking about top bracket PvP, because stunning entrance isnā€™t always helping that much (and is sometimes a negative). However, if stunning entrance was always helping out it would definitely be an S+ monster. On balance I think it should be S for the time beingā€¦ this respects the fact it is very good but it canā€™t really be S+ because of the stunning entrance being too unreliable.

Would you agree with my rationale for making it S (a demotion from its current S+)? I think I might have been a little hasty to put it S+ because it will be devastating outside of top bracket PvP. When I look at it compared to the other S+ PvP monsters I feel like they have a lot more to offer in these top teams.

1 Like

No bro, itā€™s A+ at itā€™s best what it offers, poison tick affects its damage to large extent, stunning entrance rarely works, if you can stun the opponent with shockers & make a setup with it, then itā€™s a great way to really abuse it,.
Itā€™s A+ for me tbh, coz S or S+ are far better for what they provide on field :sweat_smile:

I got rekt by it using tactical retreat into shocker because I didnā€™t remember it had that moveā€¦ :expressionless:

1 Like

Cool list. One monster Iā€™m not convinced about is doomengine. I think he should be edit( I meant S+)A+ for PVE.

I donā€™t even have him but when my Atra necros him on to my side. I always win regardless of how buffed the AI is. Iā€™m talking level 300+ Hunter island buffed. I always try to steal that guy when my Atra is on the field and I see a doomengine. His self destruct destroys just about anything he faces. I value that monster very highly in PVE. Equal to my Atra.

I need more convincing please:)

Doomengine is A+ for PvE alreadyā€¦

Btw when you steal one with your Atrahasis it comes with the stats that it had over on the enemy team. Hence, if the enemies are buffed then you get it buffed too. This makes it even harder for the enemies to kill as well as the twinbomb always dealing one-shot damage.

P.S. (Little update) I am ready to place Elmowraith into the list but Iā€™ll wait for the update coming this week to see all the other changes and do them all at the same time.

I meant S+ But now that u told me the reason why they have been so strong in PVE for me is because the stats carry over when Atra pulls them over to my sideā€¦ I change my mind and agree with the A+ rating:)

Thanks for that info! I completely based my rating on the buff stats I experienced because of Atra!

If I may, Iā€™m going to give my two cents on the latest Super Epic monsters we got, specifically Elephantom and Elmowraith.

Letā€™s start with Elephantom; initially I was a bit weary of it, but after I got to test the critter, I was more than impressed with it. Sendback Next allows it to send dead weight such as Bronzeshells and Boxjaws to the end of the party, where you can either sac them off to disrupt your opponent with Unwanted Ritual, or score an easy kill with Catapult. Add in the fact that it canā€™t be knocked back, or stunned and you have an impressive support monster that can get the occasional kill. My personal rating for it would be A+ or an S if Iā€™m feeling generous. The only reason why itā€™s not any higher is that it doesnā€™t have an immediate presence like some of the top tier Super Epics.

Elmowraith on the other hand, is not very impressive. In fact Iā€™ll go so far as to say that itā€™s one of the weakest SEā€™s released so far. While Link Sleep Double sounds quite useful, the Fire type isnā€™t well known for having many sleep-based monsters. Coupled with itā€™s poor defense/speed and the lack of any passives whatsoever means that itā€™s gonna die quickly. As for itā€™s unique skill, Morphean Bomb, itā€™s not very good. Asides from the fact that itā€™s preferable to keep your opponents monsters asleep, Purify is a much cheaper and more useful skill to deal with sleeping allies. Personally, Iā€™d rank the monster a C-, simply because thereā€™s way better monsters to use in a pure Fire team.

Thatā€™s it for my little analysis. If I had overestimated/underestimated these monsters then please feel free to let me know,

Once the elephant runs out of fodder then heā€™ll be a sitting duck. Thatā€™s a huge problem for him

Thanks a lot for the opinions!

I canā€™t remember right now where Iā€™d like to put the elephant but I agree that it has more use than I originally gave it credit for. I like reliable monsters that the opponent canā€™t simply leave on the field and ignore. Elephantom can have this issue unless you build around him (a throw team) so I guess he should be rated as if you are properly using him. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll place him quite as high as you suggest but it should be reasonably high.

Elmowraith is an interesting one thatā€™s actually best not ultraevolved. Reason being, itā€™s actually harder to kill because of the defence adjustment lower star monsters get (currently something Iā€™m investigating - seems to be a design flaw for unevolved monsters and why in GoH we all notice unevolved tanky monsters being buffed). Also, link sleep double is practically useless as the 130TU versus the 70TU of sleep single means more often than not I feel youā€™ll be picking the 70TU option for reliable sleeping of a particular monster. Itā€™s nice having the option to go double as well, but not necessary. So what this monster works as is a cheap (7 cost), flimsy sleeper. Thatā€™s nothing special but morphean bomb deals double the damage of dreamhunt. Hence, one-shots everything. Sadly itā€™s not strong enough for UC so he has no use there. Iā€™ve been trying to think of places where you might want to use it. OoO -> switch friend -> purify ā€¦ -> morphean bomb takes out their front line. However, there are probably better options if youā€™re going down that route.

Overall, I think Elmowraith just doesnā€™t offer anything which stands out above other monsters. He will mainly work as a cheap sleeper for people without many good monsters and in the future might have a place in link fire teams.

Elmowraith link double sleep has 60% chance to put both targets to sleep its not the same move has wraithcaptain wich as 50% chance to sleep one of the targetā€¦ so its a cheap move and worth it sad fire has not great sleepers to help him he could be very very good

Wraithcaptainā€™s sleep double is 100TU, not 130TU.

Itā€™s 130TU for two targets or 70TU for one target. So technically link sleep double is ā€œbetterā€ but if you want to do controlled sleeping then the single option is arguably better because you get a turn back faster. Link sleep double is only better when they have a protector or when you want to make a quick big impact. Thatā€™s definitely enough reason to be very useful but itā€™s not a move that stands out as very powerful on the monster.