New VD - Slumbering Passive??

I’m very surprised no one has talked about this yet. This monsters Passive might be the most oppressive hit to Stun yet, with it sacrificing itself after being stunned to 400+ and instantly sleeping ALL enemy monsters for guaranteed 200 seconds. I feel this is a slight too far into left field for them to nerf Stun - this monster alone makes playing a Stunning Entrance monster in your team not only a liability, but nearly a guaranteed victory for the opponent by granting guaranteed Sleep to the line for 200 seconds. Stunning Entrance has now been nerfed into obscurity with this monsters release, let alone it being a PvP reward for easy access but it’s also only an SE, making it not only widely accessible but widely useable due to low cost.

I feel this is something worth discussing for the future of Stun and nerfs in this game in general.

1 Like

If it was on a very strong monster then yes it would be a big hit to stun. It’s one of the strongest counter passives and definitely not a passive we should see lots of, but is fun when it’s only on one or two monsters.

You are going to get stunlocked by hogs + 12 stun entrances anyway. Its not a frontline monster.

2 Likes

I really think this monster is being slept on, but I suppose time will tell. Front Line or otherwise, wherever this monster fits in a team, if an opponent comes in with a stun entrance or you hit a stun revenge monster, the game is over. I don’t find that enjoyable, and with the nerfs to poison and stun recently followed by this monsters release and the continual adding of things like Defensive Mode and whatnot, it feels like the devs are moving away from core strategies of the gameplay to facilitate giant tanky mons that will have little counters. I don’t think it’s good for the game tbh.

You’ve got to remember that the opponent can simply kill it before their stun hits. Yeah, it’s a big punish if it gets stunned but it’s only if everything lines up for that

Stun is a strategy for dummies anyway

3 Likes