šŸ† Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) šŸ†

Bastia can go back to S+ tier now. To my knowledge, the devs have reverted only one nerf in neo history and that would be bastia. Nice.

2 Likes

There was at least one other timeā€¦ a few weeks ago when they reverted the other nerf on Bastia :wink:

1 Like

More seriously though, the only one I can think of where itā€™s been directly nerfing something then later undoing that nerf is Chronozerosā€™ speed which was something like 60% then 20-25% and now 38% (numbers may not be correct). I think thereā€™s one or two other cases with move TU as well.

In all seriousness chrono should get 60% again

6 Likes

in all seriousness #BuffJerbo

@Killerdog can u pls explain why Mechaviathan is in A for general?

Bomb, Team turn. both useful Ƭn PvE.

Itā€™s genuinely good stun protection in PvE, give turn is great to combine with anything that can sweep 2+ at once and team turn is very powerful. It only does support, but it supports sweepers very well. If you think about it, a monster getting you 4+ kills is undoubtedly a good thing and Mecha can consistently do that for you with team turn.

Itā€™s nothing crazy, but itā€™s above average (B tier - the one just below it). They were deemed top tier long ago but weā€™ve had a lot of better stuff come out since. In PvP the original TT monsters (Mechaviathan and Lavaronix) are far worse because the 50s you need to pass for TT is too awkward to do, 160TU give turn is too slow and their tanky stats donā€™t matter enough when they need to pass all that time to do the TT (every opponent will kill them before that point).

I am surprise that Sepheris isnā€™t so popular i mean isnā€™t Hurricane a powerful move in PvP

It is, but I think in practice itā€™s a bit situational. For some teams it can mess up their strategy but for others the monsters are too generically strong their order matters less. Even when it could mess up a team, itā€™s also down to the RNG of how they get shuffled. Another point is how the monsters arenā€™t actually dead, you still have to face them, and battles are often decided by how things line up so the ā€œmessed upā€ team might actually not line up any worse against the hurricane user.

EDIT: I didnā€™t make my points here clear, but I hope you can read them okay.

1 Like

I completely agree. Itā€™s one of those monsters where people havenā€™t seen others use it so they donā€™t use it themselves. Itā€™s likely to pull gazer, bronzeshell, rockoids etc to random places, break up Link and ruin synergy.

I really like it because it has the rare combo of Insomnia and purify, so a really hard counter to sleep and it will almost always have targets as it can hit any legend.

Itā€™s high on my (albeit tiny) list :joy:

1 Like

Update

Notes:

We recently had an update to version 2.33 which you can see here. This post will cover the movements with regards to these changes.

This update gave us basically limitless PvE content with MBQ for all SEs. Itā€™s an insane 29280 battles if you want to do them all. Even at 1 minute a battle (basically as fast as you can go) thatā€™s about 500 hours of gameplay and only more will be added over time. Of course, itā€™s not actually worth it to do that but I think the numbers are funny to share.

HP Boost is the really big deal from this update. However, since weā€™re only getting 1 a day from daily missions and we can only get a maximum of about 250 from SE MBQ (2.5 HP boosts) this is going to affect the game extremely slowly. I reckon itā€™ll be about 3 years before it makes a noticeable difference in PvP. Since these boosts are so scarce I recommend you focus on boosting mythics and otherwise your very top monsters which will play well in a future where monsters all have higher HP. Youā€™ll want your boosted monsters to be viable for years to come, not sat on your bench after a year because you have stronger monsters you play instead.

The adjusted tickets for each Hero Rank means lower hero ranks have way more tickets than before! We now start on 50 tickets, rather than 12 and it still goes up quickly for quite a while! To see a breakdown, follow the link at the start of this post or check out the guide itself.

Malwing and Sobeking finally got the tranquilising entrance nerf they deserved! Less stun from this makes it much less horrible while still maintaining the same function. I may drop them from S+ in the future but it will take time to tell how they now compare to other monsters. The passive is still very strong but it doesnā€™t chain into their movesets so wellā€¦ Malwing wonā€™t get to blowback so easily and Sobeking wonā€™t get to slayerbane twice so easily.

Movements:

These are only with respect to the changes in version 2.33.

Bastia moves from S- ā†’ S+ in PvP, unexpectedly, the nerf was almost completely reverted. We now have the original Bastia but with knockback random 130TU ā†’ 160TU. This nerf reversion was controversial because most people who gave feedback agreed that a nerf for Bastia was actually a good thing but the nerf simply did it in the wrong way. Regardless, Bastia is back to practically her full strength and deserving of S+ again. Sheā€™s going to be great in this future with HP boosted monsters too.

Onyxia moves from C ā†’ S- in PvP, the defence buff here was huge! Itā€™s now, yet another, super tanky form of stun protection people can utilise. Itā€™s helped a lot by building around it (either OoO or to get a kill) but itā€™s naturally pretty strong now with interesting things to offer (upgraded poison touch for shields/HG/stealth/low HP, dreaded wave to counter high HP defence buffs / confident strike, instant knockback random). With this buff and Hadeshoof, link shadow is looking far better! Onyxia is not moving in PvE because it was already high and I think the bloodfury lower damage may be a problem.

1 Like

Iā€™ve started releasing my annual review series. They should be coming once a week until Iā€™ve done all the elements. Thereā€™s a thread which Iā€™ll add them to as I release them: KD's Monster Reviews YouTube series

On YouTube I have links in the description for getting to various parts.

3 Likes

Was Kunomi moved after her boost? After using it for a while she deserves that S- spot!

Best way to check is to use the forum search and do ā€œin topicā€ for Kunomi. That will give you all the results of her movements since release and my comments on the changes :slight_smile:

Lebroid is really good noob. been using in PvE and PvP.

it literally carried me in island challenge. also Using pass on a mortar monster is great fun. rebound is brilliant as well.

also using ammityrant in PvP. great fun. B-tier. since link slayerbane is harder to pull off ammityrant is a good eg monster. secret skill is terrible except when using with autopoison or a monster like ankoudragon or scalopendragon who need a first kill to start going.

Baphogouge is like Astrogolemā€¦? wut? XD

1 Like

I would say lebroid fits the best in the ap spam archetype (in fl generally) with how much support he gives but other than that
I agree with all what you said

I always mess up the names Astrogolem and Ashterios lol

1 Like

Just to add a quick note to the yesterdays subject and your great new video, Redybug is, as a auto-protect reptile, also very suitable inside a Purpie team.

1 Like

btw you neglected to mention we got a new event this year, albeit one that should be forgotten until they make it seem worthwhile.