🏆 Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) 🏆

If KD agrees to this and I can implement a System so the community gets a say I’d be fine with it too

2 Likes

I too would like to know the answer to this.

Time to answer to age old question of “are all mods created equal?”

1 Like

Aren’t all tier lists called that, whether they’re official or not?

Answer my question and I’ll happily answer yours :blush:

Just change the thread title to KD’s opinion on mons and leave it as that. I’m pretty sure if we made a dedicated discord group that only debates mon placement people would join given not all of us are great enough to be accepted into ONE and have proper chats with a community who gives a F***

1 Like

I fully agree that KD should be mentioned in the title, but the rest might be under selling it a bit. KD does a great job on the tier list

Having my name in it would undersell how much community input goes into it. I know there are some passionate players here on the forum who want a few monsters in a different place and I refuse to do it, which no doubt sticks in their mind. However, there’s a lot of people out there with perspectives and I rarely highlight where changes have come from but it’s a lot that I’ve done based on community discussion or individuals pointing something out to me. For the people who make the effort to reach out to me, they definitely make a significant influence on the tier list. The tier list would not be what it is without all that input. I’m the one putting in the hours to collect it and to maintain the parts/monsters no one cares to share an opinion about, but it’s not just my thing.

Where I say monster analysis is a personal piece is because I do all the writing and it’s carefully phrased to be clear, consistent, highlight particular things and balance the focus on what points need to be made. That’s all me and any input I get is usually general points to include. The tier list is vastly different and it has far more community input too.

2 Likes

go to sleep

1 Like

i think it’s clear what the majority wants

1 Like

False, he’s been on my sh*t list ever since he justified onika’s low placement by arguing the only players who would own onika were mythic spammers who wouldn’t be smart enough to use it properly. I cried myself to sleep after Loki reinforced killerdog’s point while using link fire with onika.

2 Likes

Should be C or D at least

I wonder how different the group based tier list would look like .
Ps is actually crazy how KD keeps this thing alive and update it regularly.

Let’s find out what the player base wants. If people want a community driven list, I will make it. If more people want KD to control it by himself, we’ll do that. Democracy at its finest.

Note: if option 1 wins, we will have to distinguish between the official tier list and KD’s opinions. So the name of this current tier list will change.

• I want a community built tier list.
  • I want KD to control the tier list.

0 voters

I’m willing to help with a community based tier list because I know my opinion will actually matter. We can have it so that we can all vote on where each Mon should go upon release and then if someone nominates a change and it gets X amount of likes we can then re vote for its placement. As well as discuss it in their more. The base starting point could be KD’s tier list as is because it’d take to long to re tier everything from scratch and then we can just move things around from there.

2 Likes

That’s the plan! I think we’d use polls instead of like amounts tho!

KD already agreed that a community vote feature will be added to the tier list so I‘m not sure if we need a completely new list. In the end it really is a ton of work and in general I am glad that it’s not me who has to do all the work :joy:

At the end of the day though it’s up to his final discretion no matter how we vote. So if he vehemently disagrees with something we all decide it’ll stand that way anyhow.

Yeah, but the point of the new voting system is that the new community vote can overrule KD as long as it’s not obvious trolling (like moving lime into S+ just for the lolz)

Okay, make a poll for Harleking right now and let’s see if a) it decides to get moved and b) if he actually moves it if it gets voted.

I can’t right now but I give you my word that we are working on something and that there will be a vote on Harleking.