šŸ† Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) šŸ†

I concur.

One thing I have been wondering and itā€™s just a thought: If you want to keep it that way (which ist completely legit) wouldnā€™t it be better to rename the whole thing into ā€œKDs Neo Monster Tier Listā€ or ā€œKDs Opinion on Monstersā€. I think The most heat in here (and do not exclude myself here) comes from the fact that this is the place where the worth of your monsters is rated and it somehow has an official character. I mean you still can have your own opinion but itā€™s always a bummer when a monster gets rated low that you think highly of. And if you take a look at the reactions itā€™s mostly people being upset either about their favorites getting a low rating or a monster getting a high/low rating despite most of the community thinking it shouldnā€™t be that high/low (onyx, Harley, Boutan). In those cases it can be frustrating that you alone can choose to ignore all of the concerns of the community and decide alone about a ranking. You should be free to do so but then this thing shouldnā€™t be called the Neo Monsters Tier List because if itā€™s the official Neo monsters tier list all players should be equal and the opinion of one person shouldnā€™t be worth more than the opinion of everybody else. So in my opinion it would be appropriate to make it more clear that this is your take on the monsters. I mean your guides all are named ā€œKDs example guideā€ so we could just give it A little twist and then for me it would be totally fine that youā€™re not taking anyone in on this.

3 Likes

KDs tier list :partying_face:

Love the idea guys! Done!

1 Like

Jokes aside, I pointed out how something like a year ago when Onyxia got buffed you said it was fine in the position it was in.

Honestly, thatā€™s how it feels a lot but itā€™s just a small number of monsters that are out of place and whether it was done by a community, a small group or an individual thereā€™d always be that happening. Making statements like ā€œmost of the community thinking it shouldnā€™t be that high/lowā€ is way too sweeping. I get that in friendship groups it can start feeling like that, but if you go to discord or chat with people not in the forum community then they can come out with very different perspectives.

I keep this guide called the generic tier list because itā€™s the one that exists here, even before my time. The discord have their own tier list which they call the discord tier list and they have this as the ā€œforum tier listā€. I donā€™t actually want to stamp my name on it because I want it to be something thatā€™s not a personal piece, unlike my guides. Iā€™m just the one who maintains it and I took it on because nobody else wanted to at the time.

That should be my choice, please donā€™t edit it without discussing it with me.

Butā€¦ it is?

1 Like

See I disagree. Sherlocks point of it coming across as official stands. As youā€™re not a developer, itā€™s not an official list. Itā€™s your list. And you work hard on it and should take the credit :blush: so it should be titled Killerdogs list. You do a good job!

Technically, several others could make a list called Neo Monsters Tier list each with a similar title and it would be carnage!

I think the title helps people understand more. I wouldnā€™t even suggest it needs other peopleā€™s input then either :sweat_smile: because itā€™s clear where itā€™s coming from.

But if you say you donā€™t want lengthy discussions with anybody else and that your best at working aloneā€¦then itā€™s a personal piece?

Tbh the only other way I see is that you give the community a way to overrule you. Like any member can call for a vote on a certain monster. If the posts gets 10 or 15 likes you have to do a vote on the monster determining the Tier. You have to follow the result of the vote. There can only be 1 vote for a monster in 6 months.

1 Like

I didnā€™t realise moving Goch, Harleking and not moving Onyxia enough would result in such significant reactions from you guys.

I donā€™t know what I can say to let you guys see where Iā€™m coming from. There is a HUGE time commitment to this and I do my best to make it soak up community opinion without making it a ridiculous ordeal for me. Adding more people would increase the time, sorry but itā€™s the official forum tier list and the name also helps with google searches.

Monster analysis is also written by me. Itā€™s something I do ask for a little input when I want some, but thatā€™s far more of a personal piece than this but itā€™s not got my name stamped on it. I simply donā€™t think itā€™s necessary to do. Iā€™m not looking for extra credit or anything, just trying to share good info with the community.

IMG_20221125_185540

I use them together. That would definitely be cool :heart_eyes:

I think you underestimate that the forum tier list really means a lot to the players.

Would it really hurt to implement a vote system as described above?

1 Like

No specific monster changed sparked a reaction from me :sweat_smile:

I just voiced a general opinion :sweat_smile:

Jokes aside. Can you honestly tell me who is better mythical for you, between Harleking and Haneri?:thinking:

Feel free to do that for me

I fully believe this should say Killerdogs tier list.

1. You do a great job and should get the recognition

2. Itā€™s not official. Anyone could make a thread and start a Tier list. Therefore this one should reference you.

3. An official tier list should have more than one person running it. Titling this as yours makes it clear there is no need for that.

Haneri. The entrance is a great effect to have in a team. Itā€™s hard for me to judge how easy it is to get a kill with Haneri, but only one for a quick blood move seems strong.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure none of us care at all that you moved anything specific lol

1 Like
  1. I donā€™t want it.
  2. In the 7 years this game has been around nobody else has made one here. When Buckingham managed it the tier lists became incredibly outdated and when he gave it up nobody would take it over except me, begrudgingly. I really donā€™t think thereā€™s any need to name it after me for this one and it doesnā€™t even say ā€œofficialā€ in the title.
  3. Me calling it ā€œofficialā€ in earlier posts is technically incorrect. Itā€™s simply the only forum tier list which exists. I donā€™t really know where youā€™re getting this thing from that an official tier list needs more than one person running it though?
1 Like

Question.

If @ItsSherlock, a mod, and @GMagic, a mod, think it should say Killerdogā€™s Tier List, as Neo Monsters tier list makes it sound official andā€¦

How do you, one mod, get to overrule the other two? :eyes:

1 Like

Ah you should. You do a great job :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: