šŸ† Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) šŸ†

Which mon is the best in the game? The best Legendary and the best mythic. And is the best mythic in the second form better than the best Legendary?

My personal picks (talking PvP)ā€¦
Best mythic = Cynthia
Best 2nd form mythic = Christine (hard choice)
Best legendary = Angelion

And no, second form mythics are not stronger than the best legendaries. However, the best second form mythics are similar power level to top legendaries.

Iā€™d love to see what other people would pick!

2 Likes

For me
Best mythic = Bastia
2nd form = gorgowing
Legendary = vigziard

4 Likes

For me
Best mythic = Lemon
Best second form = Gorgowing
Best legendary = Pengu

2 Likes

Happy cake day brotherā€™ :tada::tada::muscle:

1 Like

Best Mythic - hmm. gonna say Kanna.
Best second form Mythic - Momo no question, 11 cost stun counter with repulse.
Best legendary - Why Staticsphere of course! :heart:
(in seriousness i would probably pick vigziarid as well)
And as a bonus answer -
Best second form Legendary - Koalancer.

I would say Pola best 2nd form legendary

Respectfully Disagree.

Pola, whilst having both passives, only has crescendo moves. Canā€™t heal from poison and doesnā€™t have SS which could help in a pinch.

I suggest Nauticruiser second form is best legendary

• has both passives (which are very good passives as well)
  • 91% speed
  • can summon unlimited fodder which charge it every 50TU
  • has piercing move (albeit without focus)
  • only downside is that it doesnā€™t have ELEM accelerate, and it is deadweight without baby form

Iā€™d take Venodrake or one of the three auto poisoners as best 2nd form legendaries. They basically have all their best choice skills in their second forms

Mulasem is a second form with one of the most complete movesets and the lower damage doesnā€™t even make much difference. I think itā€™s probably the one which is the strongest compared to its final form. Polaboss is probably a better choice for power level though.

Mojinator 2nd form is a weird one because it has extra uses compared to the final form and tbh is pretty much better when it comes to PvP, especially because of the lower cost.

Elem accelerate is a key part of Nauticruiserā€™s moveset. Not having that is big. Also, tracking makes laser blast far better. I know what youā€™re saying, but not having the accelerated call supply makes the second form a far lesser threat.

For me these are the best :pray:

Best mythical Cynthia
Best legendary, without a doubt Novadrake (nerf more requested by the community :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:)
Me Best second form mythic Harleking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nothing is better than mojinator

3 Likes

i considered harleking tbh. very underrated. but momo has betterā€¦ā€˜assetsā€™ā€¦

1 Like

Too underrated in my opinion :wink: I hope to add it to my lines soon :triumph:

Update

Notes:

We recently had an update to version 2.26 which you can see here. This post will cover the movements with regards to these changes.

Not much changed in this update besides some bug fixes and a few monsters getting buffed. However, those buffs are quite significant for those specific monsters so all of them are moving in the tier list!

Movements:

These are only with respect to the changes in version 2.26.

Medbie moves from F ā†’ D in PvP, she now gets a shield on entrance when you have more monsters than the opponent. This is the buff I asked for months ago and Iā€™m really happy to see it. I think it does a lot more than youā€™d expect at first glance. It makes her fit into throw teams and others which create monsters at the back because sheā€™ll either create extra rocks or become too awkward to shut down. With a shield it will often take 2+ attacks to put her below overconfident strike range and every time she gets a turn she can pullback to create a Mr. Bun then re-enter on 100% HP and with another shield. So she now makes up for her low speed by requiring focused attention to actually stop and quite significant damage output if you donā€™t stop her. Bear in mind she also somewhat deals with stun because she can swap for a bunny, take the stun before re-entering then her or the bunny must be killed before she gets a turn otherwise sheā€™ll push back all enemies by 160s. Donā€™t get me wrong, sheā€™s not amazing or anything. However, I know people have been completely ignoring her and now with this buff sheā€™s a functional mythic.

Persephia moves from E ā†’ D in general, piercing on her hit all move makes it an even more potent payoff for getting kills with her. With 3 kills it one-shots all mythics and can even do buffed enemies if you have more kills. Ultimately, I think this monster still has some fundamental problems with its core design that Iā€™m not moving it up in PvP until itā€™s proven to be very effective. But with give turn thereā€™s some scary potential here (Gentleowl anyone?) and you can definitely capitalise on that in PvE.

Milgon moves from C ā†’ A in general and C ā†’ B in PvP, this is another buff which is subtly good. Milgon is tanky, poison immune and half stun immune with piercing sweeping. The only thing holding it back is low speed being a bit slow/clunky setting up the sweeping. However, accelerate in the SS means that it doesnā€™t need any support to be threatening a piercing kill quite frequently and if the window ever opens up for marked crush double that can be brutal. Itā€™s now one of the ideal choices for mark teams and I think itā€™s become viable for PvP use. Itā€™s borderline A/B for me.

Shinobidragon moves from C ā†’ A in general and D ā†’ A in PvP, a nice revamp to include stealth is very fitting for a shinobi and the new attack move is very impressive. 100TU, bypasses protectors, heals 50% damage dealt, easy one-shot damage and does critical with either stealth or sleep. Dreamy entrance is strong so with some teammates to stealth it I can see it working quite well. If thereā€™s ever a sleep+stealth team this would be ideal for it.

3 Likes

excuse me what?

Now to take a look at the storm monsters; the element I find myself playing most in PvP!

4 Likes

We finally get to the last video of my annual series, taking a look at water and finishing it all off with a summary. I take a look at all the stun protection offered this year too. Go to this thread if you want to see all the whole series, or watch them directly on YouTube to have the links in the description to navigate within each lengthy video. KD's Monster Reviews YouTube series

I hope you enjoyed it!

4 Likes

Update

Notes:

We recently had an update to version 2.27 which you can see here. This post will cover the movements with regards to these changes.

This was really big for PvP balance, tackling a bunch of the monsters people have wanted nerfed for the last few months.

Majorie, Mai and Onika had very minor tweaks which I donā€™t think have done much. Lowering the TU of these overcosted moves is obviously nice and each of them is needing the boost.
Abyssoldier Poseidon Iā€™m not actually moving despite its clear nerf. I think I shouldā€™ve had it higher in the first place but didnā€™t bother moving it since I thought a nerf was coming.
Nauticruiser no longer has the FL combo with Auraleus, but is still excellent in every other setup so not moving anywhere.

Movements:

These are only with respect to the changes in version 2.27.

Vixian moves from F ā†’ D in PvP, a proper payoff now for making lots of rocks. Soul missile is a very strong move and this monster is good, but only for specific teams.
Haneri moves from C ā†’ A in PvP, making the bloodthirst into bloodcrave is huge. Not only is it easier to charge, itā€™s also a faster sweeping move (only 80TU, 68TU since itā€™s +9). This means Haneri is now an extremely good sweeper on top of offering stun control and the OoO combo potential. Huskegon is a tiny bit better but Haneri takes a close second as the best stun mythics.
Dolphreeze moves from S ā†’ S- in PvP, still brilliant but weā€™ve got a lot of strong legendaries these days and not having the defence buff weakens the dolphin setup a lot.
Jungleflipper moves from A ā†’ B in PvP, without the attack buff it still does good damage with raw catapult but it doesnā€™t one-shot mythics and the monster is generally good but nothing special now.
Dolphariel moves from S- ā†’ A in PvP, this has been indirectly nerfed as dolphin bond has been weakened and I think it was a little too high anyway.
Scolopendragon moves from D ā†’ C in general and F ā†’ D in PvP, this is very good if you can get it going and is a little easier to get there too. Itā€™s not great, but itā€™s worth having some fun with.
Gnashjaw (s) moves from D ā†’ B in general and E ā†’ C in PvP, this is how it always shouldā€™ve been! Three rocks means at least one should be there when it gets a turn and it can hopefully charge bloodcrave. You might be surprised me putting it in B/C tier when the damage is bad but I reckon thereā€™s some potential with other monsters that want to sacrifice tokens or just generally how up to 5 rocks in a row can protect a sweeper well.

1 Like

Also KD U are missing that frozbear ( i donā€™t know his name but is someone we get from freind chests )
It summons 3x yukis at a somewhat reliable speed in pve that is 3 free kills should be now moved up from D tier