šŸ† Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) šŸ†

Oh sry i confused shiny spectrefox with the normal version

1 Like

Hereā€™s the other really big one! All the rest will be shorter as I just focus on the element itself. In this video I also cover the cycles from 2021. Once again, thereā€™s a thread here which has them all: KDā€™s Monster Reviews YouTube series

I recommend you go watch it on YouTube itself so it has links and stuff in the description.

1 Like

why they havenā€™t updated the tier list. I want to know about the new legend lol

Ammityrant is S+ for pve and probably one of the lower tiers for pvp

Very briefly:
Saberdragon (s) - canā€™t remember moveset off the top of my head but I think generally mid-tier
Elemphox (holy) - roughly D in PvP, not sure about PvE
Elemphox (shadow) - roughly B tier in PvP, not sure about PvE
Mantisamurai - roughly S in PvE, S- in PvP
Coretta - roughly S- in PvP, not sure about PvE
Ammityrant - roughly S in PvE, probably D in PvP

Please bear in mind this is without reminding myself of the movesets or proper consideration and the positions I actually put them will probably be different.

1 Like

Hereā€™s the holy video. Hope you enjoy it! At the end of the video I also talk a bit about the future of PvP.

2 Likes

:pray:

4 Likes

@Killerdog hed bro i just got Motordragon and i talked with some people and everyone said that he is incredible. Why is he only A -Tier in pvp?

rhinoel is already s+?

Motordragon is something I personally feel is overrated. For some monsters I overrule popular opinion for my own. Motordragon, Ziberius, Icefang and Chromera are probably the most obvious cases of this. A tier is definitely good and very playable. You will see many other good monsters in A tier.

Rhinoel is way way better than Motordragon. I think once people have Rhinoel they will no longer try to use Motordragon at all.

Everyone is welcome to reject where I have placed certain monsters. The tier list is somewhat subjective and itā€™s just a rough guideline.

1 Like

I remember you not thinking much of infernicorn, though you moved him up on the pvp tier list. Was that because of popular opinion or did you change your mind after your initial evaluation?

When it first came out basically everyone agreed it wasnā€™t anything special. Popular opinion was bias because we saw it before release when it had something like 94% speed, which people quickly gave feedback as being overpowered so the Devs reconsidered and lowered the speed. If a monster is nerfed after the community sees it then we naturally see it as worse.

So I was left to rate it by myself and basically I undervalued how good shield entrance would be for its reliability. The meta at the time was lots of stun converters, so chrono killers were very common and things were very fast too. PvP has slowed down since then (better protectors, fewer killer weaknesses, higher defence, tanky mythics - weā€™re talking about over 3 years ago) but at the time if a monster took ages before it attacked it probably wasnā€™t going to be good enough. Thatā€™s probably why the Devs made Infernicorn such high speed to begin with, but the reality is that shield entrance was enough to help it survive until its attack.

The other thing was I didnā€™t think double piercing blow had enough reliability one-shotting. Turns out that wasnā€™t enough of an issue.

So basically it survives better than I expected and does better damage than I gave it credit for. My assessment at the time was it should only be run in link fire teams, which meant it was low in the tier list.

I was slow to move it up because I could see the community overrates it and overplays it. However, when I realised my original tier position was considering it only as a link fire monster I buckled and put it higher.

Nowadays I think itā€™s a monster which is overplayed, but Iā€™m not surprised because itā€™s easy to include as a stun converter sweeper which can trade well and be a pain to deal with in some scenarios thanks to the shield. It deserves the tier it has, and no higher. It may drop a little when mythics become the norm, but the support for link fire is huge now so that may keep it good.

Short answer:
Popular opinion on it at release was totally unreliable and what I said at the time people agreed with. Later it proved to be good and I was stubborn because I thought itā€™s a good case of a monster people like to overplay/overrate. Then I realised I rated it as a link-only monster originally and agreed to bump it up in the tier list.

3 Likes

As always thank you for your thoughtful response. I took a small break when it was released and always wondered how it was originally received.

You missed the one horrible Dungeon Challenge when it was one of the potential enemies and literally wrecked you immediately with the 94% speed double piercing blow. You had to hope it had the secret skill on so it would use that first and you had a small window of time to kill it

I have opinion Razoray at least A-Tier (PvP) ,I think . stun imune ,fast speed piercing, Stunner,holdground, very flexible monster .

Whitetitan ā‰„ grizleguard (PvP)
Rhinoel = Lunactia Tier (PvP)
Mantisamurai = Stratrustrike (PvE)

I do like the flexibility to stun and the fact itā€™s not the easiest to deal with. However, every time I meet it Iā€™m happy because it definitely feels a lot weaker than a lot of what I meet. Laser blast is not effective against mythics and usually it enters, kills something then takes 200TU before it can attack again.

Overall, I just feel the power level is quite low and thereā€™s not much itā€™s offering in a unique way besides the flexibility between killing an enemy or doing a 100s stun and generally being stun immune. I think there are other monsters which outclass it and the only place top players would consider using it is with St. Togala.

But If u look at other monster like cybereon ,pumpking, oniblade, Gf pieris,(Tier A)

and tier B monster like torazou, utopion,nightlord. I would say Razoray more superior

Yeah Iā€™ll consider it for B tier. I probably have been a bit harsh on it. All those A tier monsters I think are definitely stronger

1 Like

for me it is s+ it does not need any type of configuration to be very powerful, it obtains its maximum potential in fire link, but it is also quite common with valzarein albakkan nova ect

Why is Azida an S tier monster in pveā€¦is it just because of the boost thru passive or is there something else that Iā€™m missing???