šŸ† Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) šŸ†

Itā€™s Gengar wanting attention

2 Likes

I completely forgot about pinning. Thanks for reminding me (plus now Iā€™ve unpinned the old tier list).

I agree that two tiers difference is quite extreme. Iā€™ll bring them closer together next update.

Lol good catch. I remember actually looking at the upload name (EvilToto) thinking it didnā€™t really sound like Virabbit. Iā€™ve fixed it now. Hopefully this was my one mistake and the rest is fine.

1 Like

Brilliant

I was looking in the pvp tier list I cant seem to find appolorexus or taloknight, is it just me or they arenā€™t there or are they so bad they made a tier of theyā€™re own?

Where is Maggot ???

If you canā€™t spot an image then use the search function in the page. It will say all the names that are around it, which should make it easier to find. If you open up all the names subsections then it will also highlight the name (but it doesnā€™t do this very clearly).

Probably the easiest way is to remember the monsters are listed alphabetically within their tiers. Apollorexus is right at the start because it starts with ā€œAā€.

Itā€™s there, S tier for both. Itā€™s actually ā€œMaggatā€ so if you tried searching for it and didnā€™t find it that may be why.

1 Like

I think with all the new buff Flarevern deserves the S- tier for sure and maybe Heavenswyrm too amd Skeleviathan should move to B or maybe A amd Terrordragon to A now it can one shot anything with Poison Burst making it a lot harder to become a dead weight and it has a new combos potential with itā€™s sleep immunity and Shurikaizer is a B now imo

1 Like

Update

Notes:

We recently had an update to version 2.13 which you can see here. This post will cover the movement with regards to these changes. There were A LOT of changes in this update. Most of the changes have not made monsters move in the tier list so Iā€™ve noted them here. This is not comprehensive, but notes most of the changes.

Bastia got its damage removed and OP disruption SS removed, heavily nerfing it. However, the healing and field passive are still ridiculously strong which makes it remain among the best monsters in the game. Itā€™s no longer an instant win for you when it gets a turn, but still incredibly powerful.
XYZ-999L got a larger defence buff and the second form got the proper defence buff. Ultimately this made a larger impact to the second form where the move became usable.
Excaliburdragon got the solo restriction removed from healing light, very nice but no major change to usage (not OP with the Aegis or anything).
Canishogun had its underdog and AoE uses heavily nerfed, but it still holds up strongly for general use so is not moving in the tier list.
Celestrion / Cybereon / Nightlord got type killer moves added, but these do not have widespread enough targets yet for these to warrant a tier change.
Shurikaizer got poison immunity, which greatly helps to stop it getting countered.
Ziberius got blizzard all and single stun revenge, which both look very interesting but weā€™ll have to see if they make an impact to this monsterā€™s use.
Dusicyon got altered so it now has no real damage potential when used with protectors, but it has many more uses.
Omegasdragon / Tiamazus (s) unlike the other auto-poisoners these are not moving. While the extra damage option is good, I think these are generally held back by the rest of the moveset so Iā€™m making them equal with Tiamazus and then Flarevern is the standout.

In general this update did a few things:

• Killed the Cani AoE FL
  • Nerfed Dusicyon AP spam (less damage output)
  • Greatly improved AP spam counters (true hit got a big TU reduction, added to more monsters)
  • Greatly improved sleep/OoO counters

The latter might not be obvious straight away so Iā€™d like to point out where Iā€™m getting this from. Thereā€™s A LOT of stuff added to counter sleepā€¦

• Terrordragon got sleep immunity (it has poison gas).
  • Abyssraider got sleep immunity (it has poison gas).
  • Cyclozar got insomnia (it has sleep killer).
  • Bazilogon got insomnia.
  • Terragar got insomnia (it can now purify + heal teammates).
  • Metatherion got nightwatch (it has insomnia).
  • Vulcaroth has a 50% chance to poison each monster on entrance (wakes up sleeping teammates).
  • Chimeraxus deals tiny damage to all monsters on entrance (wakes up all sleeping teammates).
  • Celestrion got ascension all (wakes up sleeping teammates).
  • Cybereon got poison all revenge (wakes up sleeping teammates).
  • Poison burst got a damage increase, buffing poison gas in general and a number of monsters which are counters to sleep.

Movements:

These are all with respect to the changes in version 2.13.

Flarevern moves from C -> B in general and A -> S- in PvP, now having two very good damage options on top of the powerful passives has turned this into a serious PvP monster that weā€™re bound to see a lot.
Tiamazus moves from E -> D in general and E -> C in PvP, true hit has made this a lot more viable for damage so now itā€™s not a one hit wonder with swift catapult. Itā€™s on par with Omegasdragon Iā€™d say.
Warca moves from A -> S- in general and F -> B in PvP, stun converter and HG are an enormous buff for this monster but it still struggles to get kills in PvP. Itā€™ll be interesting to see people try to use this well, probably in a link water team.
Raizen moves from A -> S- in general and S- -> S+ in PvP, with chrono monsters being so dominant in the PvP meta and no sign that this will change anytime soon the buff to timeā€™s up is enormous along with the fact it offers stun control and insomnia on a very solid body.
Metatherion moves from D -> C in PvP, nightwatch turns it into a great sleep counter but the low speed still really holds it back and the low attack means nightwatch is not as good as it looks.
Skeleviathan moves from D -> C in general and D -> C in PvP.
Heavenswyrm moves from A -> S- in general and B -> A in PvP, stun wave is a lovely upgrade and healing revenge is surprisingly good.
Terrordragon moves from B -> A in PvP, poison burst damage increase has made this much more versatile.
Baublebasher moves from S- -> S in PvP, gaia power is relatively easy to build around with the selection of good plant monsters in earth and it becomes exceptionally strong with those.
Kaerukenshi moves from S -> S- in PvP, with its give turn loop removed the combo potential is limited.
Chimeraxus moves from B -> A in general and B -> A in PvP, stun immunity sweeping is nice but itā€™s still slow, low defence and link conditional.
Nighthunter moves from D -> B in general.
Freezecobra moves from S+ -> S in general and S+ -> S in PvP, without an easy one-shot on its first turn this monster is no longer top tier. Poison burst is very high damage and itā€™s still a great stun absorber.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to know, what are the factors in Nighthunterā€™s two-rank jump? Does Slash All matter, or is Petrify Revenge the only cause?

Iā€™d like to know why Skeleviathan only went up to C. Gravity Field is already a powerful passive coupled with Protect Focus make it very difficult to one shot, mix that with itā€™s very high speed and Instant Twin Death Sentance and itā€™s new revenge passive of Petrify this thing is a monster to deal with in the FL. No knockbacks or Repulse after the TDS means you have no choice but to kill it and lose a FL monster in the process to be replaced by a rock that opens your team up to Assassinate and now the more prominent True Hit from multiple monsters. I definitely think you should look into him again.

4 Likes

No change in PvP. In PvE heā€™s a much better monster for newer players due to the powerful revenge as a failcase. Heā€™s also got lifeflip friend he can use on himself to put him to 1HP and make him die off easily to trigger the revenge. Putting together his added use as a DR monster and better all-round use for newer players I felt he looked more in line with the B tier SEs for PvE.

Originally I wasnā€™t going to move it at all then I saw MementoMoriā€™s post and decided it definitely needed boosting. It can go higher if it proves good, but Iā€™m very hesitant because itā€™s a protector that is very harshly countered by anything that can bypass it. The payback revenge is great, but the rockoid is harder to exploit than you think because you donā€™t know when theyā€™ll kill your Skeleviathan and raw canā€™t be used alongside Skele.

I think ultimately itā€™s a little risky to use and works best in combos rather than slapped into a team. Also, a lot of the time it will just be a 1 for 1 trade. Thatā€™s something weā€™ve seen doesnā€™t work particularly well in PvP even though it looks good on paper. However, I hope Iā€™m proven wrong.

2 Likes

I understand your line of thinking and it makes sense. The only reason I really bring it up is just the power of Petrify Revenge imo is stronger than normal DR or Payback revenge. Not only does it actually kill the monster rather than dealing lethal damage to it, but it also puts an Auto protector on your enemies board instead of letting them have their next monster enter and try to capitalize. Yes the 1 for 1 trade off is not as good in PvP, but putting a rock in its place does more than I think most people realize at the moment.

1: it turns off RAW Skills for your opponent.

2: it opens your opponent up to powerful attacks like Assassinate or the aforementioned True Hit

3: it essentially makes it an unwanted 4v3 rather than staying a 4v4 as DR does.

4: a Rockoid, normal Rockoid, now becomes food to fuel your own low TU Blood Moves that you mmkay otherwise have been unable to acheive.

5: Skeleviathan will do phenomenally in Ranked FLs against Mythics who boast a big attraction of being able to use their low TU SS of Instant Knockback (alot of them have this) and Gravity Field locks them out of this strategy to mess up FL synergy while guaranteeing one of their mythics will die to Skele Petrify Revenge, putting a weakness in otherwise very solid Mythic FLs and otherwise.

Yes, 9 times out of 10 Skele will die to Dragulus from itā€™s one shot Protector Killer, but then Dragulus is gone with a Rockoid in its place, opening Mythic FLs up to powerful moves like True Hit and giving them weakness they previously did not have. Putting a rock in your opponents FL hampers FL Dusicyon which is one of the main ways it will be used now that it lost itā€™s own Shield as it will lose access to the now RAW Confident Strike.

Like I said, I respect your opinion but I feel Petrify Revenge is going to be one of those sneaky assets that start to change the way FLs are played, and with Gravity Field itā€™s hard to look away from the actual and real power Skeleviathan now boasts.

6 Likes

I fully agree with this

It wonā€™t hurt duscy at all since it can just cannibalize the rock.

See this is what I thought about quite a bit. While adding a rock to the enemy team looks like a brilliant thing, in practice itā€™s hard to exploit properly. I reckon petrify revenge sits inbetween payback revenge and ultimate payback revenge. Itā€™s similar to how the move ā€œpetrifyā€ is not as good as vengeance but is better than retribution. The piercing is an upgrade but the rock hurts more than it helps.

Letā€™s assume you plan to fully exploit itā€¦
Assassinate doesnā€™t deal great damage. Having it in your team generally means youā€™re hoping to meet a protector so itā€™s a bit unreliable. With petrify revenge youā€™re only adding one rockoid to their team. Lining that up with assassinate isnā€™t really going to happen in practice.
Raw / True hit are impossible to use if youā€™ve got a protector on the field (aka Skeleviathan). If you really plan on making this enemy rockoid and bypassing it then youā€™re going to need practically ALL your damage output being some mix of raw / true hit. Hence, if your Skeleviathan gets bypassed or otherwise countered then youā€™re going to have a very ineffective team. Again also itā€™s harder to line these moves up with the enemy team having a rockoid because most raw moves are blood moves, so the monster needs a kill first before it will bypass the rockoid.

I respect the fact that in some cases it will work out and there may be a few combos people can put together. However, in general I think itā€™s not going to work out quite how you hope. Not enough to make Skeleviathan a high tier anyway.

So now can anyone rate the new mons

Just very quicklyā€¦

Asmodia = Really bad, quite clearly the worst mythic. Weak to chrono/toxic killer and no good defence. Can only kill angels (some holy monsters - 12/216 in the game) or monsters that have been in battle for 200s+ until 100s have passed from its first turn. Whip damage is not good (terrible in PvE).

Nauticruiser = A nice addition to the energy archetype. Can be set up in PvE then sweep nicely but in PvP the Nautipod that it creates come with too low stats and, most importantly, speed that they can be killed off too easily before getting to charge anything. Itā€™s on the verge of being a great monsters but is held back too much by this.

3 Likes