Neo monster' past

I edited this thread to know a number of things that intrigue me please try to answer me if you can

let’s talk about nerfing monsters, nerfing is something i really hate or is the point of leaving bad monsters bad and changing good monsters but watching videos of old players i realized that nerfing can be beneficial lol

• So I would like to know which are the monsters that were the hardest hit by the nerfs to the wrist to change their GamePlay and to know what movement he had at the base
    for example I found that dusicyon was not just a simple support monster but that he could attack this heal and he even had an invigorating skill so relatively strong because in addition to putting shields he can also attack, and also scorpio , i realized thatthis cheater had his movements from 200 tu to 100 tu luckily he was nerfed.
    that’s kind of what i want to know it’s freaks that got nerfed badly

in 2 nd I would like to know who are the best players of any neo Monster that we will call the legends to differentiate them from the very good player of now

always watching videos I realized that before there were very very good players such as the very monstrous One Josuinho, inevitable Dmg Daniel, whom I did not know the only one of this player who continues to playing is Dmg DONT89 , but I want to know who the others areand who was the best among them and also why did you leave the game knowing that some were big p2w and that giving up a game where you got involved so easily seems weird, me as f2p I can easily give up time it will be too painful but for the p2wwhy gave up after investing a lot :thinking::thinking::person_shrugging:

We have this thread about the updates here!

Anna, Mr. X, DonT89, Duck, Josuinho, Lemon, Saitama, GMagic, Daniel, Bouncy, Gary, et cetera. I can’t think of more players.

3 Likes

yes I know but it is far too long and what I want to know is which ones have been greatly changed by the nerfs and the original movement not knowing their power levels especially since there are no monster movements except when kd does updates

Thanks

Gary too eh I understand why he has a big head without wanting to be disrespectful towards him of course

Flocculassaurus, Deathgazer, Canishogun…
Floccu had Dual Slayerbane, Stun Immunity and Tactical Retreat.

Deathgazer had Retreat, which means its op entrance could be used again, and again with some pull back. Now it got Gravity Field, no retreats.

Canishogun was scary. There was a time where Duck was a beast in PvP with his annoying FL. Cani had Double Counter Strike, plus a high speed and piercing damage. It could wreck FLs just by having a single fire monster to target! When paired with Earth-type epics, it could just bring havoc with Underdog + Assisted Quake.

Then epics got nerfed too, and lost their assisted moves.

1 Like

thank you very much, I see some monsters were too strong, so canni was also powerful before luckily he was nerfed given the havoc he often does in my team it’s better that way,
Gazer with being able to have a double entry that should not exist with his passive and is able to reverse situations just by returning xd

I wasn’t being totally ironic. Gary and few others were able to use a strategy you don’t see everywhere, the rock lock. See image below:

Jokes aside, it was kinda hard to set. And despite being a pretty uncommon strategy, they made it big enough for devs to notice and bring counters! Look at Doomhoof, Gravity Field is meant to avoid Enemy Substitute (Lunactia) and Double Repulse (Motordragon), Weed Out came with the same purpose, to get rid of tokens quickly!

2 Likes

yeah I see he was the one who invented that he is very strong then, and this strategy is op Once in PvP it had locked my padrinorca which was not charging so useless is my opponent could bypass the protectors so it was the hell them even if i turned around andthis is the first time in PvP that padrinorca used in the front line lasted so long on the ground

You want to know what was most nerfed but not willing to do the research yourself when all the information is there at your fingertips :stuck_out_tongue:

There are gaps in anyone’s memory but here’s a few I can remember:

1. Bastia (double strength survivor → assisted single, instant double repulse → sacrifice summon ex, knockback random → random knockback)

2. Scorpiogeist (80% speed → 60% speed, raw double poison eater 200TU → 100TU)

3. Deathgazer (step back → retreat, it later got swift backbite but honestly that wasn’t really a nerf and it received multiple damage buffs so now it’s more of a sweeper… losing step back was a big nerf for its combo potential)

4. Flocculasaurus (Anxag covered it above)

5. Mechaviathan / Lavaronix (team turn → 50s restriction from first turn, can’t be used with another TT on the battlefield, can’t be given turn to… these were EVERYWHERE until they got nerfed)

6. Chromera (instant accelerate → swift accelerate team, bloodfury → bloodthirst… this nerf was made after community reaction, we saw it a few days before it was due to be released in an egg, it was going to be super OP for its time)

7. Bronzeshell stuff (lifeflip 100TU → 50TU, half speed → full speed, no passives → insomnia + broken heart)

8. Malwing (blowback’s self step back → self retreat… much bigger than it might look at first glance, combined with a shocker behind it often resulted in 320s stun + 2 enemies asleep and blowback removed any stun protection)

9. Magmarinus (swift dual slayerbane → link slayerbane all, 75% speed → 55% speed)

10. Sleep immunity → insomnia (this affected a bunch of monsters… most notably: Gyomurai, The Saintfeather, Angelion)

11. Padrinorca (instant true hit → swift true hit (50TU), raw moves 50TU → 70TU… worth noting raw TU increase affected lots of monsters, but Padrinorca was probably the most affected)

12. A.S. Poseidon (63% speed → 33% speed, abyssal command (give turn) 70TU → 100TU)

13. Goldtail (potent sleep 50TU → 100TU, plus some buffs but they don’t make up for it)

Okay I lied, I was going to do it from memory but then scanned through all the 6* and 7* monsters in the monsterdex and listed all the ones I remember being significantly nerfed since they were first released/shown. There were a few like Dusicyon and Canishogun which I discounted because while they were technically nerfed, they were more like “redesigned” and still have great functioning movesets.

4 Likes

thank you, I see it seems that the nerf is mainly useful, some monsters were relatively powerful, destructive and oppressive, and even padrinorca received a nerf so he attacked faster from it’s monster that are Kirina, gorgodrake and nova without risk of die and Bastia was, what I see, much too powerful as if serene ground was not sufficiently op, magmarinus was good on the other hand why they changed his skill to the one he has which is extremely powerful To the point of having to eliminate him first in a bond of fire, malwing what a horror

yes it’s true I’ve been watching the updates you make every three months and the monster levels for a while but I couldn’t read everything it seemed endless to me it’s good to follow a thread end to end

Malwing:
Interestingly, while the community found the monster extremely strong, I don’t think there was much talk about the “step back” aspect being the big problem. Most people were freaking out over the tranquilizing entrance, as you can imagine! However, I think the Devs correctly noticed the win rate of players using Malwing was very high and it was especially good when used in front of a shocker. The combo only became really popular right before the nerf update, if I remember correctly (Malwing was still quite new, people were learning how to play with it).

Magmarinus:
I knew that would be the reaction of any newer player, who didn’t have to face the original version! Yes it became stronger with link slayerbane all, but it also became restricted in its use. It was super brutal and could fit into any team, since it entered with high speed and could kill two enemies basically of your choice at only 50TU 80TU. Swift dual slayerbane was stronger than normal dual slayerbane, so it one-shot everything except tanky water monsters like Mechaviathan. After that initial turn it followed up with 70TU sweeping. And here’s the big thing to consider… the swift dual slayerbane could easily be used to remove the monsters which could deal with Magma. It’s not like link slayerbane all which brings in a new set of four, it’s targeted killing. Hence, in practice it would often stop the opponent from being able to kill it before it could berserk smash at least a couple of times. So what you were looking at was a stun immune monster who could go in any team and often get something like 4 kills with no support and high enough speed that it was reliable. It was very problematic and the Devs were smart to make it restricted to link fire, but now they’ve made a mistake by supporting link fire too much haha.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, reading all the tier list updates is a big task! I meant reading through the version history thread, which has most of the monster tweaks which have ever happened. That bit is probably quite interesting if you want to see what was changed over time and it’s not excessively long.

Link slayerbane all fits better in the “berserk” moveset of Magmarinus.

1 Like

I believe it was 80 tu but it was still one of the most insanely easy to use units too

1 Like

thank you for everything it’s precision I find it so interesting to compare the current monsters and their old version.
you’re right a single malwing entry already makes me crack but two is yuck, the worst is that in addition to stunning you it makes a monster sleep is I have the clear impression that it’s target because it always puts one of my key monsters to sleep at the moment and it’s the same with sobeking.
So well too term level sweeps magmarinus was more violent before because he could shoot four monsters without support while now he must have other fire links for it’s four elimination

ok can you give me the link that leads to this part