[Need Feedback] Super Epic monster cost revamp

Hey guys, we need your feedback on this one.

A while ago, we noticed some players talking about balancing the game by tweaking the monster costs.
We think it is a good idea and that it will be fun to make a team with a better and more fair cost system.

But we are not going to change the base cost for Legendary monsters, they will stay 13.
Instead, we are thinking about Super Epic and Epic monsters.

The cost for Super Epic monsters will be ranged from 10 to 12 depending on their strength; while Epic monsters will be 8 or 9.

This will also give us room to hand out more overpowered viable Super Epic and Epic monsters to our players.

Here is the tentative list. Please feel free to share your opinion. Please also note that we may or may not apply this into the game.

Cost 12 Super Epic:

Torrentide
Nectareon
Bitterbeast
Deathwarg
Diredemon
Frostmoroz
Frostrider
Jackalhotep
Robinator
Abyssraider
Lavamane
Elmowraith
Freezecobra
Captainwhiskers
Gearcroc
Lordsreign
Searguard
Blitzdragon
Titanomoth

Cost 11 Super Epic:

Steamhawk
Horrorclaw
Serazael
Volcavenus
Heavenshorn
Cryogolem
Keeperdragon
Volcaiga
Balancion
Cryptblade
Shinobidragon
Elephantom
Archaeoceros
Blazebones
Saberzor
Captain Canine
Leoronix
Volcamus
Mossgoliath
Armavolt
Esapizeron
Alphagear
Zephyrox

Cost 9 Epic:

None

Thank you very much!

Naw y’all tripping

3 Likes

Ignore my man Jamal. Im 100% on board with this, as long as Legends go up to 18 and team cost goes up to 220-225.

1 Like

Ignore yourself. You agree to improve SE cost when the max cost of a team is 206?

1 Like

Bro, you’re a master player, and amazing strategist, and i know you can read… so… did you see my post?

Individualising super epics?!!
I can’t agree with this proposition of making super epics to cost 12 or 11.

I would like to say that total cost 206 is best as it is, if increasing them is gonna happen, then I guess total cost will also rise., But thankyou Devs, I would like disagree on this idea.

I can see ppl will like this idea coz of handing out of some SE & epics .

Hmmm. . . Would need more context @Dev_VKC

Ahhh no to this totally thumbs down
Screenshot_2018-08-30-10-45-51-1

2 Likes

Who would ever choose Sanct/cryo over sear/abyss ? And you’re gonna tell me abyss and virabbit are both equal value!?

No way. Its high time we had variation to SE and L cost. And a higher overall team cost to account for that variance.

Y’all trying boast the cost of monsters. Dev should give us the ability to devolve monsters.

4 Likes

I did, sanct is a beast with link holy aoe.
I don’t have nereida so can’t use abyss,
Sear has been featured in events 2 times, best SE.

Yea virabit & abyss are not equal but they both belong to SE category,
Same goes with legends when we ask for buffs or nerfs,
Their role and movesets are there for a reason,

They might buff certain SE to make them more useable, but increasing cost will bring very big change . .(I’m not afraid of it )
Rather than doing this, why not bring a feature where we can devolve our monsters?? That has always been ignored by them.
Do something about friend points?
Let ous trade our ingredients into gems or rare gems or vice a versa

Pushing for cost change is more important it seems? You know why? Coz it appeals to newer audience.
The things which have been asked for so long , why aren’t they being considered at all??!!

Well devs arent offering to do anything besides vary team cost for SEs. So if they wont buff the :racehorse::poop: SE to equal the :+1: SE, then change the value of the SE. Because, as others here have already agreed, not all SEs are equal.

AND CHANGE THE OVERALL TEAM COST TO ALLOW FOR SPECIFICITY.

Overall the current value system is grossly over generalized and doesnt reflect the true value that each monster brings to the team (combos not included- and as posted above not everyone has whats required for all combos). For instance Penguinator should be a 15. BB should be 16+2. Sanct/cryo should be 12+1. Situational monsters like Ultima or Tinker should be 13/14+1.

For SEs Abyss, Sear, green flutter should be 11/12. SE protectors should be 10. Island SEs should be 9.

And @MonkeyDluffy , bro, you only like sanct for your, um, link ground team. Pick 98 teams out of 100 and Sear finds more use than sanct (link, um, ground, teams not withstanding).

Only way I’d be on board with this is if we got the option to de-evolve monsters or team cost went higher

4 Likes

No hands down.

First of all I do like to say the idea in general seems nice and a way to evolve the game and make it better and possibly let’s say more balanced. However due to the rise of SS costs of Legends and the power the ss bring, a lot of teams balance this out by using 10 cost super epics or epics etc. But it’s been a very long time since you released some of the overpowered super epics like robin or torrentide or serazael. I think if you are looking to increase the cost of these monsters then proportionally you would have to increase team cost by atleast another 10-15 And maybe give the option to devolve the mons back to its previous form. This Allows more of a control to us players.

It’s all good trying to improve the game and coming up with new ideas are great. But we seem to be hitting a wall atm with 206 team cost and the inability to devolve mons.

Also taking into consideration 12 max cost. This is a tad too high. Esp considering a base legend costs 13. This beats the objective of trying to keep team costs low. If you somehow made the epics more viable to use then i guess it wouldn’t be much of an issue. Maybe you should vary the costs between 9 to 11. Atleast as a user and a player a 2 cost difference is still a big amount of difference.

Also whilst we are on this topic. Is it possible that we could have a vote on which mons and what costs they could be?

3 Likes

@Dev_VKC

Why you have to be so mean to the old man frostmoroz?

First you give him a broken heart out of nowhere then you give him more cost? The old man has a fixed income the last thing he needs is more cost

4 Likes

All i can see is “your monsters will cost more”. How is that a good thing for us? Will we have a higher team cost base?

We suggested it in the first place because we didnt think monsters like bb and cryo should cost the same, as they are in a very different level.

I dont think the SE list has this problem… if you got a bad SE - just dont use him, its not hurt like not using a legendary which is much more rare. We use only the good SE, and you gonna make them all 12 cost…

1 Like

Yea no I don’t need ya to break my main pvp team by making the cost too high! This will also totally mess up newer players with those se Cus of their cost limit. No. This will mess up too much. 1/10

How is it possible that when someone gives a dumb idea the devs read it and make it happen, but when someone says something interesting and really innovative the devs disappear? Answer to this

7 Likes

I think that further elaboration is needed on what exactly would be going on with these changes before anyone can actually give accurate feedback.

3 Likes