We need to talk about monster cost

I think that with the power creep that’s been happening for the last year or so, the current cost for a bunch of monsters need to be reviewed. A lot of monsters need their skill set adjusted either for more or less because as it stands some of the are just absurd.
I won’t go into much details yet, but just some quick examples, Sakuralisk has a cost of 17 while Angelion has a cost of 16. Too much of a difference in the power of the two monsters for a 1 point difference.
Hazuki has a cost of 16 with all piercing moves, gets reborn after being killed and can have at 50% end game time reduction, Delugazar also costs 16.

The list can go on, there quite a few examples. As it stands it’s very easy to mindlessly build a team with 12 fully awaked mythics that can fully tank hits from monsters that cost the same or sometimes even more than them if you factor in whether SS is active. One example is Carmilla’s SS that is not worth the extra cost of 3, so she sits comfortably at a cost of 14 with full power.

@Dev_VKC can we please rework some of the costs so we get a bit more overall balance?

I disagree with this

The cost is based upon the what the secret skill does not the overall value of the monster

Like afcourse i wouldent mind a 15 cost instant pullback on plume dev :eyes:

And for sure some monster can be reworked but in a way of this is what this ss does so it should cost xx

Not this monster is stupid wo it should cost more because its stupid

1 Like

While I do think some monsters need their cost adjusted, comparing mythics to legends is not the best way to make this point. I also think the costs on the mons you listed are appropriate, except for Delu who could 15 and be fine since it doesn’t have a second passive.

1 Like

Don’t compare angelion and myth.But u r correct. Like Carmella only 14 cost. She should be 16 and with ss 17. Same goes for hazuki. And even though u r correct, some people will come to defend and Dev’s totally neglects you. So ok, keeping going man.

It’s not about simply comparing legends and mythics, it’s about skills and power.
Some legends are better than Mythics, but just so it happens than some mythics are completely powerhouses without the SS skill where the legends are nowhere near as viable without it, so they end up costing significantly more and sometimes not being as good as the 14 cost monster. Another example is Plumesilisk, that for a cost of 14 is super cheap. I’m listing the monsters I own because I’m not sure the ones I don’t have awakened how much they cost without SS but I think you get my point.

Nah man. Devs once came forward with the idea of giving monsters different costs based on their power level and lets just say this idea did not stick with the community so it was never implemented.

Might be cheap but plume still have one of the most broken secret skills in the game totaly worth the 17 cost without question

Do you have any idea how powerful instant pullback acctualy is

1 Like

To be fair, most people didn’t until I figured out how to abuse it with soral and suikenshi

1 Like

You’re focusing on the wrong point. I just meant that with a cost of 14 Plumesilisk is still a powerhouse compared to other monsters that cost lets say 15 or 16.

1 Like

It is true that legendaries should not be compared to mythical ones, but I think it is absurd that legendaries have more cost than mythical ones. In my personal opinion, I think that the minimum cost for a mythic should be at least 16, comparing that the cost difference between legend and epic is 3.

I think the ss cost of both mythical and legendary should be commensurate with the power and impact of the ability on the battlefield.

Legends base cost is 13, myths base cost is 14 (it was raised up not so long ago for all myths). Keep the facts straight.

Yeah, we should spend for 4 copies of the same monster and then it should cost 20 to run it while legends are hatched once.

I think 2nd form myths should cost the same as awakened one (14), just to encourage others to awaken more or stop keeping some in 2nd forms.

1 Like

They were toned down. Cost used to be even more on base if i remember correctly

Friend, it seems to me that this is a debate forum, we can all express what we think about the game, That is your opinion and I respect it, therefore I ask you to please respect that of others.

1 Like

I don’t know if you are talking about whether you have to remove them 4 times and whether this influences their cost, which in my opinion has nothing to do with it.We are talking about power in the game. There are many legends that can be stronger than some mythics even, but even so the power of the mythics is much higher, therefore its cost must be superior.

On that logic they should cost less than epics, since epics are so easy to obtain. Cost should not be based on price, but on power/skills. Some legends cost 14 with their SS yet they still much worse than a 14 mythic without it.

2 Likes

Again, we should stop comparing myths to legends because price to obtain an awakened myth is significantly higher than a single copy of the legendary monster.

If you want to compare them, then do that to 2nd forms, and I believe that 2nd form Momo with stun counter at 11 cost is a joke to begin with.

Don’t forget that Momo when it came out was one of the worst in the game until they decided to give it a buff. Additionally, the stun has been balanced, and its impact on the game is not the same.

It’s not comparing legends, it’s a skill/power comparison, I’m just using the terms because sometimes is easier than to list each individual monster.
I also agree that a 11 cost Momo is ridiculous and that is precisely my point.
Again, we can’t take how hard to obtain a monster is and use it as a justification for its cost because all mythics are just as hard and I still think some of the just suck and their cost is too high in comparison because of their skillset, same with a legendary monster that is better than a mythical should have its cost adjusted accordingly.

The reason why “it didn’t stick with the community” in the case of mythics was that at the very beginning Mythics were actually not that good compared to legendaries. Angelion, Novadrake etc. were still the most powerful monsters in the game. Therefore devs reduced the cost of mythics drastically, to make them more competitive and in most ways better than legendaries. Now we have abominations like Carmilla with 14 cost. I think it would actually be a great idea to balance out S+ tier mythics by slapping 17 or 18 cost on them. That way they can keep their power but the player needs to be more careful in team building.