mythical buff thread (long thread where long and detailed boring comments are appreciated)

To me it sounds like the only reason to buffing most of these is because “more powerful mythics exist” which imo is inherently the wrong approach to increasing diversity. Very few of them are plainly bad. Also remember, that these are the most powerful monsters in the game which means even a small buff can have devastating effects. Usually when a mythic is restricted, it is that for a reason. However, I see some justified points being raised.

-Onyxia is complicated. It can do many things but isn’t great at anything. The nerf to the sleep “cycle” kind of screwed it a bit because before you could skip right behind a sleeping monster, give it a fatal sting, and it would die 71 seconds after it gets a turn. Dreaded wave has potential but kind of works against the control strategy because you hit all the monsters with it. ELEM Healing also doesn’t really fit the rest of the moveset or the profile of the monster so I’d like it to have LINK Cannibalize (3 uses) instead. Fatal sting could still have its uses against buffed enemies.

-Excalibur is a tricky one. With the 42 TU piercing move it’s one of those that will completely break the game if it’s buffed too much. Maybe an ever so slight increase to the crescendo powerup because it’s indeed very slow to get going.

-Auraleus. You can use the SS and give turn or charge it with ally monsters and create a loop. Requires setup but it’s one of those that needs to have that requirement. No changes needed imo.

-Persephia. Has a potential to snowball. Got a buff already.

-Lime. Meant to shell lock the opponent. Tricky to use but has its niche. Gaia awakening makes it easier for her to do her shenanigans but the 100% attack buff is imo completely wasted on her because she has only one attack of 170 TU. Needs another attacking move, e.g. Union Attack.

-Noircyon. The active moveset is weak with too many conditions. Also has to sacrifice a teammate for a spiritwyrm (at least the Spiritwyrm is very strong). I think this monster would greatly benefit of having a blood move, e.g. Bloodlust instead of LINK shield ally.

-Tyrfina. Benefited from the From the Brink buff. She does her thing and potentially sets herself up with the diamonoids. This I think is a clear case of “should be buffed because others are stronger or easier to use”. I would swap Bloodcrush for Confident Strike.

Other mythics that need a little something IMO:

-XYZ-999L. With so many stun counters and converters roaming around, the passive is just stupid. I’m usually against pseudo conditions but this time I think a 25 TU daunting field would be perfect.

-Rattaur. It just sucks. I guess Revenge Breaker is good but it needs that attack boost before being able to get kills. Shield ally on this monster is completely useless. Not sure either what’s the reason to have the “Reproduce” move. Not really sure what to do with this one, I think it’s just unnecessary.

-Medbie. Basically a mess. Does her gimmicks which don’t help to achieve anything really. Maybe I’m missing something and it can be used in comboes but this is another unnecessary mythic I don’t know what to do with.

1 Like

No, the sleeper you’re talking about is Sakuralisk. He’s talking about the Auto Taunt mythic, which is undoubtedly one of the monsters which less deserve a buff in my opinion.

Unfortunately you cannot buff both speed and HP of a monster. If HP increases, speed decreases and viceversa.

Ultimately Excaliburdragon is a very strong PvE monster. Good attack + piercing crescendo can get lethal pretty fast, even against super buffed enemies.

Lime is slow. Very slow. At least she’s been buffed in the last update, with one strong kill option and the ability to summon Bronzeshells in the reinforcements, and she’s very tanky.

I think we should wait to see what people can do with her before calling for a buff. At least she doesn’t seem helpless now, I guess

Noircyon is meant to be a monster used in LINK Shadow, making it RAW would ruin its core design. Not to mention we don’t really need more RAW monsters. Bloodlust instead of Lightbane is a good idea though.

Plus Medbie buff when? I don’t even have her but she’s in pitiful conditions right now

3 Likes

The damage is actually good enough that it doesn’t need Attack Boost+! It’s really only needed to ensure Union Attack oneshots. Its final form is tanky and Roaring Entrance + Union Attack or eventually Revenge Breaker is much better than being forced to use Union Attack like before (since Nullifying Pierce sucked)

Maybe the use of Reproduce is to amass a great number of the same monster so that they all can use Union Attack quickly. Idk.

The second form is still sucky though

I admit I fell out of the loop with this one, just remember how awful it was on release. With or without Revenge breaker it’s still more a legendary than a mythic in my book. On release it was SE level.

1 Like

agree in many aspects with you but not in the auraleus, how many people use it awake? Of these few have their ss on, I feel that it can be used with a donor on duty but this is viable, and if he dies and cannot give the turn I prefer an 80 second ally charge that I can use with another charge monster nearby , as for scalibur you need more speed persepia what I suggested and onyxia is painful to see

I think they are all good and don’t need polishing

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I have an idea about him.
As we all know crescendo monsters are quite durable. And most used crescendo mons can heal themselves while maintaining the offensive role. I think Excalibur was designed to be good on both aspects. But it turned out it became a little slow instead of being a super awesome crescendo monster.(i Still think he is a great mon😅)
The only change I’ll suggest is something like purifying ray which will get him off hg and purify him in a very low tu. Buffbuffalo has it on 50tu. So as an awak mythic he might have it on 20-25?

I think it will be better than high tu full heal. Becuz pvp meta is mostly about one hit KO.
In most cases full hp or a bit more than hg won’t really change things. This change will make him self sufficient and improve it’s survival efficiency.

1 Like

Do not you think that Tyrfina to be able to do something requires many things? 1st to kill you need the enemy to have 2 kills; and for her to be able to kill she needs 2 deaths; w thing is quite difficult And then there is her purifying mist that doesn’t really help much; Do not you think it is more favorable for her to remove this fog and put Slander on it? Then her Blood Shred would need 3 Death to be able to be used, don’t you think it’s fair and balanced buf?

I have an idea about him too. His ss should be something like vigor. That will raise his stats a bit (just to make him a bit more tanky) and reduce the sec cost of skills by 25%.
This way he can benefit from those small charge heals from hg. And can keep killing on reasonable tu.
Eternal energy core is really bad. Also it pretty much contradicts his another passive hg.

When you run into a mythical awake in pvp this is almost always the same; Cintiha; Aetheron; Suikenshi; And Draig Gogh; Gocalforce; even Lemon; Etc; there are mythical w they are abandoned; Q nobody wakes up because they lack something; that something is a good buff that I changed my expectations about it; Do not you think this helps the various of the game? Oh don’t you really want some mythical ones to get better?

1 Like

About the rest.

Percephia: Honestly i still feel she isn’t that bad. A bit underwhelming for a mythic but i think her unique passives and throw next is really good.
With bloodbath it would be too much.
Cuz on 1 kill she will already have atk stats doubled. So ofc not a hit all bloodmove. Instead they should make her Aoe atk low tu so that it can become a threat after a couple of kills.

Medbie: she has nothing to offer with herself. All i see is a monster that creates many tokens which can be used for different combos. In that sense she is really good. But if u wanna make her deal some damage then some passive that will buff her atk every time she enters and buff her defense temporarily will be good?
That way she will deal good damage even on less than 100% health.

just adjust so that the bloodbath does not kill with a kill but with 3 as it should be

I think Perspehia should be given Nullifying Blow or Power Cut; so take advantage of more attack buff for the passive

First of all, each myth has its application field, and some perform well in PVP. Secondly, not all myths should have a strong performance in PVP

3 Likes

I don’t know what “Slander” is, but is it a killer move? I actually like purifying mist on Tyrfina, it has the same function as Dracorosa’s purifying mist: keeps the monster potentially valuable even if it can’t kill something right away. So no, I don’t think it should be swapped for anything else. I already said what I would do: get rid of Bloodcrush and put confident strike in there instead.

It’s an option for you to use it once and keep sweeping at every turn it gets? I don’t see what’s bad about that? And also many monsters have HG without a healing skill so no, it definitely doesn’t contradict the passive. You can also keep using energy charge for heals even though you’ve used Eternal Energy Core?

Basically the SS is there to let you choose between: 1: charge once, sweep at every turn, 2: keep charging each time and heal off HG, but you spend more TU on average in a long interval. Eternal Energy Core is infinitely better if you’re facing a team with high stun.

3 Likes

We are all tired of facing the same mythical over and over again athereon Cintia athereon Cintia shukenshi sacuralisk bastia xyz ect, give the other mythical a chance

it charges at 59 and can be charged by allies, it’s not worth sending it to 170 for the nucleus since if they kill the donor on duty, it won’t even play

Then what about stun?

Calumny ; I think that is better for Tyrfina instead of the Mist

1 Like