+9
Berserk attack- 59 tu
Berserk Smash - 59 tu
Finishing snap - 25 tu
Repent - 42 tu

Stun Immunity
Hold Ground
SS Dual Slayerbane 85 tu

Straight to the point. The dang monster is amazing in PVP. After fighting him many a times, if played correctly, he’s practically unstoppable, unlike peng whose basically a one time sweeper or any charged monster. As of right now he is a great sweeper that does high damage, has HG, can support by healing/purifying itself and its teammates, with low tu moves. Not to mention repent is also a hard counter to any slayerbane moves. I feel it’s too useful especially when paired with a purifying agent.

Stun lock? nope stun immune
Sleep lock? nope repent (didn’t realize until last game it purifies too) unless of course you sleep him.
RNG makes it balanced - yes, but Dual Slayerbane and finishing snap aren’t RNG

The only downsides I see are. RNG & Low health (counteracted by HG).
The ways I’ve countered him is getting him to HG before he has a chance to attack or poison, but repent would clear it. I don’t think that justifies him being as strong as it is.

My suggestions for a change.

• Repent - Heal only, no purify
  • Berserk Attack ONLY - 100 tu

this would allow a little more time to counter between his initial attack and the repent for such a low tu I feel does too much even with the restriction. It would allow for better poison counters and decrease its support effectiveness a little.

Please thoughts.

Repent more tu or/and 3 times use. The low tu is the problem as you only have a 42 sec space to kill it which is in most cases hard to pull off

2jvigp

2 Likes

I was against nerfing him in the past saying he is manageable and balanced because of his randomness, but man i was wrong. His randomness balance him on paper but the truth is he is probally the best pvp monster out there, and super hard to handle in moat situations

1 Like

But really. He is. And I’m about to catch more flack than a WW2 bomber.

But he needs to be slowed down.
And/or be stunnable
And/or have repent limited
And/or lose the slayerbane thing entirely in place of instant repent.
And/or have berserk attack damage lowered because contrary to popular belief it does not need charging.

Oh and as for the random thing, its about as random as Malware wing sleep. It just hits whatever is up next making it even harder to kill.

Just wait for those “wait till a counter is released” comments

Moat situation is a good way to describe it :rofl:

2 Likes

Hahaha exactly what i thought.

We should be nerfing nerida not this but make magma repent only 3x use that be fine
All this guys moves are random making the tu higher will ruin it unless you lucky and I hate rng but guessing people love it neo is going to ■■■■

1 Like

my magma never hits what I want I have to use it when I know when it won’t screw up

Dude we have very different RNG experiences lol.

Altho sidenote, my stag and titan failed to protect a combined 5x in a row yesterday after our Line convo. So maybe next time the enemy Mag will hit my stunlocked chrome lol

I just think making a random legend nerfed to unusable is sick

If anything make its strongest atk not random
But have 100 tu
Make repent 3x
Leave the rest

I do have magma and he did not have a place in my pvp lineup most of the time. The randomness is a huge drawback in my book and as you are forced to attack with him, he has often proven to be a liability. However, that might be due to my playstyle. I rather have a charged Icefang’s Blodcrave over Berserk Smash 80% of the time to help me controlling the battle.
He is undoubtedly great as a finisher/late game monster, but anything besides a slight TU increase or limit in using repent would be too much of a nerf he doesn’t deserve.

2 Likes

I just hit 150k, and for the record, I had to gather 259 wins to reach there, and
I HAVE LOST only one time (against magma ) with magma surviving from start to finish of full battle (with my 2-3 monsters stunned pretty hard ) Vs Light GM,
Other than that, I have never let magma survive that long. Even if it used it’s dual slayerbane & smash, I always manage to kill it.

Also, when magma gets released next time, I would definitely roll for it. And If it got nerfed, then I would pass.
It doesn’t need a nerf. Period.

3 Likes

I’m gonna guess OP doesn’t have magma, thus the reason for this thread. Magma is powerful, yes. But outside of the SS, you can’t control who it hits. There have been plenty of times that Magma’s hurt me in battles because of this.

Plus with the amount of Oak & Cobra out there, poison negates HG and Magma can’t repent until it gets a kill.

Let’s not forget that Magma was already nerfed. If you’re still having trouble facing it, I don’t know - maybe…focus on killing it before it gets going?

Can we please stop sounding the alarm on mons that are “OP” when they are just strong monsters? If the community keeps this up then we’ll have another Azrazel on our hands who now sits on everyone’s benches because people overreacted. That still is so sad.

We killed a monster because of complaints like this. Let’s not kill another.

1 Like

The random targeting is always brought up and it’s definitely a limitation of Magma, but while it may look bad on paper it’s barely a hindrance when using a strategy Magma likes. If you’re playing “control” and want to stun/sleep enemies then sweep the others obviously Magma will do poorly. Where he fits in beautifully is with other stun immune damage dealers and auto-protect monsters. If you’ve got this in your team then it’s likely when he comes onto the field you’ll have other monsters getting turns soon and your opponent will struggle to kill him off without getting punished for it.

The thing which might not be so obvious when you look at him on paper is how the SS can remove the enemy team’s sweepers. You get to choose both the targets so it very quickly incapacitates the enemy team, arguably better than a slayerbane all. From there Magma becomes extremely hard to kill and, if not forced to repent, can get multiple kills before needing to repent and switch to berserk attack.

Finishing snap is one of the most irritating things to face and when people say “you’re forced to attack with Magma” it’s actually possible to use finishing snap for minimal damage every 25TU if you want to avoid mistakes and pass time. I say it’s irritating because if Magma is combined with other sweepers then Magma can clean up any attacks at almost instant speed as well as remove shields to let other monsters damage that target. Finishing snap wouldn’t be so much of a problem except that Magma has stun immunity and every move with such low TU.

With all said and done, I obviously want Magma to be nerfed but I don’t think the TU of the attack moves should be increased. I like the relentlessness of the attacking, this was clearly the design. However, with everything as it is right now the monster is simply too much to handle. The only true weakness it has is poison which, while common, is not enough to balance it. The increase in TU of the SS was much needed, that was insane at 50TU.

Here’s what I suggest (all applied):

• Increase TU of Repent 50TU -> 70TU
  • Reduce recoil on Berserk Attack 1/2 -> 1/3
  • Increase recoil on Berserk Smash 1/5 -> 1/2

What this will do is limit how much killing it can do before it’s forced to repent and use Berserk Attack, as well as slowing down its attacking a little and the support it can give the team. It will still have a huge impact when it enters, uses the SS then can Berserk Smash if it hasn’t been hit to low health. However, after the first Berserk Smash there’s a high chance it will have to repent and switch to Berserk Attack. This attack still does huge damage (it one-shot my Tygoron from full health just yesterday) but it’s not going to be sweeping through the enemy team quite so easily. Berserk Smash will be the one you use in certain situations but Berserk Attack will probably be your bread and butter move from there on. The reduced recoil on Berserk Attack is to help it keep going with these attacks a little better.

Note also that you can still use Repent then grab a kill with Finishing Snap to jump straight to Berserk Smash without needing to worry too much about the recoil. Right now I feel like this works way too well with Berserk Smash only doing 1/5 recoil.

I want Magmarinus to be a lot of fun but not something that can sweep through a team at break-neck speed meanwhile supporting the team from poison, sleep, etc.

1 Like

Do not increase its Tu, but if it is truly game breaking for most of this community (which it already is , smh) then increasing recoil on smash & decreasing it on attack will be nice thing,
If that happens, I think I’ll be satisfied with that.

But rest stays the same.

Thanks guys for discussing this guys! I’m glad it hasn’t gotten hostile yet lol.

But, I agree with what most everyone is saying. I definitely don’t want to make the mons unusable. It is a cool mons. But I think it would benefit from a small Tu increase and restriction on repent.

Well said.

I will once again say that berserk attack is supposed to be an extreme crescendo strike type move. But instead attack kills most things midgame in one hit. And if attack has been used once, smash does more critical damage than any non-blood move.

As for “random” the NSRNG seems to dictate that the next enemy up dies more often than not.

And if you have protect turned on, magma is gonna dispatch your HG protector in less than 70 seconds FFS.