7 Bosses

This is a repost from the monster ideas thread, but I was told to make it its own thread, so…

This is actually a post from a 2014 account on the forum. I have changed some of the wording to make sense. In italics are my thoughts on the idea. Basically, this was a suggestion for 7 more specialized bosses in HI. Note that this would be one strong boss that would fight an entire player’s team, so they need to be a bit OP to compete.

Boss 1: This boss would have a lot of stun moves, but low overall stats.
I think that this would work well, since it would require you to use stun, sleep, or immunity. Maybe this would be immune to immunity, just to be fair.

Boss 2: This boss could have high poison damage and very high health
Poison should be replaced with a high DoT effect that wouldn’t be affected by purify or skills like poison eat or poison burst. Lets call this burn. Burn would deal a lot of DoT, maybe 500-2000 per turn, but it would not be affected by or be a status that charges up other moves.

Boss 3: This boss would have a ton of attack and a ton of defense, but fairly low hp, so you would need to use stat decreasing moves top beat it.
Neomonsters doesn’t have many stat nerfs, but I still like this idea. Maybe replace it with something that could boost it’s own stats a lot?

Boss 4: This boss would have devastating single attacks, enough to OHKO most monsters, but its other stats would be low, so you could counter it with summons
This boss would probably have piercing moves and a lot of immunities. I think that the number of summon moves in Neo would make this better. This would hopefully have say, a 50 TU move that deals 100 and ignores defense and is piercing damage to deal with infinite clone strats.

Boss 5: This boss would have one super strong chain attack, and a lot of non-sacrifice void moves.
This is by far my favorite idea. Chain moves deal splash damage to all monsters or the same element as the target. Void moves negate all damage from a certain element for a few turns. This would OBLITERATE union or LINK tactics, and also, it is worth noting that skills like mortar and purify are usually only found in a few elements, so this would force people to think outside of the box for their strategies. Please implement a boss, or at least a monster, like this.

Boss 6: This boss would use a lot of stat nerfs on opponents and stat buffs on itself.
Yet another blow to LINK tactics. By decreasing your stats, it would negate brute force strategies of all types

Boss 7: Finally, this boss would just have insane stats with aoe, single target, and healing.
By far the most boring idea, but it would be a lot of fun. Note that these would have been fought in order, with this boss being the final boss of the game.

These are some cool ideas. Maybe they could be events. They also would add some new and interesting skills to the game, so I hope that some of these ideas(especially burn) are added in some capacity.

I was thinking an event where you beat a dungeon to fight the first boss, which unlocks a more difficult dungeon with the next boss, which then repeats for all 7. It might be interesting to make this a draft like the Island Challenge, where you can choose a few new monsters after beating each boss. Maybe have rewards for getting past each boss, then maybe for beating them again on increased difficulty, ect. An idea for rewards I had was to have 5 difficulty levels, where if you beat all 7 bosses on all 5 difficulty levels, you get one of those bosses at random. Maybe make them mythics, where you can awaken them if you complete that event enough times. That way, those unique abilities and movesets would be reletively easy to obtain and get into the meta, which would be important, since these bosses have very unique abilities for very niche strategies. For example, the burn effect is something that would massively help the anti-poison team that I am working on.

When I first skimmed through this I thought maybe you were talking about a 7-stage boss fight (with no healing in-between). We’ve had 2-stage fights but never more than that before (unless you count DC). It might be fun to have some more multi-stage fights.

I also think it would be cool to have an event focused around super bosses, or at least having them as an aspect of the event. Evertale has something similar to this in some events… although since damage numbers and HP matter more there than strategy I find them a little lacklustre. In Neo Monsters they might be quite a bit of fun. Like for the hell mode online story, we could use a friend monster so if there is a key thing we need that we don’t own ourselves we could find a friend who has one. Perhaps we also have a selection of monsters we could choose to include in our team, using the same idea as Mythic Colosseum. We’d pick between the options by having Musharoo, Moji, etc. giving different monsters. Part of the puzzle to beat each boss would be to figure out which of the options is best, combined with a choice from our friend monsters, if we don’t have the tools to beat that boss ourselves.

1 Like

please don’t introduce this kind of monsters. we know awakened XYZ with triple defense boost is a cute tank to kill but debuffing monster hopefully shouldn’t happen.

it also separate neo monsters by a mile from a lot of monster-based games.

let monsters have their stats firm and can only be increased. it already seems disastrous to think of a monster that can derail enemy attacks just so its teammate can fully sweep loosened targets.

please no.

2 Likes

Always been a fan of this, I believe well made bossfights make for exciting and grandiose moments in a game. There are three types of events I’d like to see implemented, that are:

Boss Rush: an event where you fight story bosses (First Ones, Delugazar, Maggatsuoh and the goddesses) as well as new ones, like Mythics or Arborgias.
Since you’d be fighting more bosses in a row, the team should either be fully healed between battles or the game should offer you drafts of monsters to replace your old ones, like in IC.

Boss Hunt: an event when you fight boss versions (with also boss design, not just inflated stats) of regular monsters: e.g. Deodragon, Ultimadragon, Kamishogun, Kamiwyrm, Emeraldeus etc.
When playing this event, you’ll fight against a random boss among the available ones, along maybe some reinforcements. To beat the event, you should beat each boss a certain amount of times, or complete some achievements related to the fights.

• an event where you are the boss, and mow through horses of monsters! Granted, it’d require a much different graphical interface, but I think it’s doable… Isn’t it?

@Esperanza I’ve never seen such a heartfelt supplication about game mechanics lmao

I just think Neo is already fine without it :sweat_smile: still hoping they wouldn’t

I think so too, the only thing I approve are conditional stat buffs. Debuffs would make this game way too slow

1 Like

nice name btw. i remember my beloved Physics

1 Like

I spend yesterday looking at all monster ideas and suggestions. One of the thing that snatch my interests are the emperor version of abyss soldier, moths, pyramid golems, etc. So how about side story that follows the format of The First Ones.

Tribe Wars and Origins
I could be about how all the emperors created pawns with different attributes (elements) with themselves as the most powerful figure. As their population blooms and have their influence spread, these emperors begins to command their pawns to be victorious. As the war continue, the balance begins to vanish. Their origin also start to take action and end this chaos once and for all.

Pros

• can be a way to introduce these “origin” and “emperor” monsters and some token monster as well
  • another side story that can be interesting and be an explanation of the existence of same species with different elements
  • more rewards and achievements to accomplish
  • 3 battles for each tribe and a 2 stage battle for the final confrontation

Cons

• amount of work to establish a solid story without plot holes
  • balancing new monsters
1 Like

Don’t worry, this game neglected lore consistency a while ago, just ask Gary what he thinks about it

I particularly like the idea of Arborgais, or rather, the implications of using it. Maybe have an event where you fight Deucalis, Tiamazus, and all the other HI First Ones, or use the HI Fiest Ones to fight the Neo First Ones in a battle event similar to the trainer’s dojo.

Or ask me for a 7 paragraph essay* on why Neomonsters’ lore is fundamentally broken considering the canon of HI and the existence of the Khanate, and how a continuation or direct sequel to HI or DIB would have had a better plot and concept. I have one ready.

*Rant

LMAO

I would ask for one but I won’t lie and say I’m afraid