Motor Dolph

Wanted some thoughts on these two.

I find Motor and Dolph are nearly impossible to deal with, simply because they cause so much carnage just for turning up to the party.

There is no counter to their entrance passive, like there is stun. You also can’t kill them first to stop what’s about to happen, because once they’re in, so are their minions.

They’re very similar in that they both summon monsters that slow the game right down for the opposing player.

For Motor, unless you run cannibalise token or backstab, you’re stuck with shells while your guys get hammered, but even then, you’re probably going to get repulsed before the cannibalise.

For Dolph, 2 diamonds often (not always) means 4 attacks if the diamonds come in one at a time. That’s your whole squad there fighting to get no where, while they get picked off.

So my first question is this. What do you use to counter entrance passives like these? Or do you find it impossible too?

(I’ve thought about knockback Next but to be honest that can be applied to everything. Also I don’t want to be playing captain whiskers in my FL :man_facepalming:t2: Plus Dolph can pop up anywhere.)

Secondly, I’ve thought about potential counter ideas such as “reversal” or “betrayal”. “Token monsters summoned next in line by enemy monsters get passed on to the opposite player.”

That means you can’t steal tokens summoned as throw food or anything like necromancy, clones etc.

What are your opinions on these two monstrosities?

5 Likes

some new stuff is coming to counter entrance monsters.:eyes:

Maybe? :wink:

I hope you’re right and they’re not exclusively mythic :grimacing:

Mhmmmm :pensive:

Motor is by far more difficult to deal with for me. If I don’t have Duscy I struggle and often lose the battle…He is that horrible. Losing multiple monster slots is devastating these days in PvP. In an era where an entire battle can be decided by 1 monster getting a move before another monster. Losing several slots can change the moment of the entire battle.

How do I deal with him? Duscy can save the day with canabilse token, if he is still alive. If stag isn’t dead he often is though, I use knock back next. I don’t run canabilse monsters to get rid of the shells.
If he makes the field before I can knock him back he often becomes the prime target before he can use his move and bring in more shells or use double repulse. Problem is people aren’t stupid and they have him with other strong monsters and I’m faced with difficult choices. It’s crazy.
Again If I got Duscy I can handle him well. That’s when I leave Motor on the field and make motor a shell for the enemy.

Dolphreeze… I used to hate this monsters guts. Still find it annoying but I can deal with it better now because of Bloom and other piercing moves. His new passive immovable helped a lot as well.

Because the summoned diamonds have low defense double poison touch does the trick to get rid of them both. He is still annoying but not as frustrating or devastating as Motor. I sometimes send back or pull back my Chrono monsters if I got no choice but to stop two kills. Depends on the situation though. I don’t stress about Dolph if I don’t have Chrono monsters on the field. He can really struggle to charge his blood move in that situation. Can only do blizzard.

1 Like

Motor is difficult to handle, especially with 86 speed suicide.

1 Like

Lol this is what I’ve been saying since motor came out over 3 years ago… adding unmoveable and making shells unable to get stunned or sleep locked was progress for sure, but ~300 seconds total of a single wasted slot still hurts a LOT. It wouldn’t be a problem at all if motor had to work for it, but he doesn’t. It’s absolutely free. Not to mention his SS can put you even farther in, and all he needs is one turn. The thing about motor, dolph, and dusicyon alike that I hate so much is the disproportionate effort required to get their rewards. You’re rewarded for the mere act of having them in your team.

3 Likes

That’s a very good analysis Luc! That’s my issue with them too. Just for turning up they do so much.

3 Likes

Personally i can deal with dolp very easily.

Due to posion touch or bloom or low tu moves like nightwatch etc.

Motor on the other hand is very hard to deal with without dusc.

3 Likes

Motor is just a pain, atm only Harleking can deal with it

1 Like

I also don’t have ducy, harleking, or geo so I also struggle against motor. I literally lost all my games against anybody who had motor. I didn’t wanna complain about this just because I didn’t have a counter but I still think motor offers so much for literally like you said. Dolphreeze on the hand, it could be a blessing and a curse imo but in a very skillful player, it could be very dangerous. (Im not being biased against dolphreeze because I don’t have him)

1 Like

Hi , I like your profile picture . Its very manly

Why do u have a girl profile picture but dragon"king" as the name dear trainer ?

Because Im the king of girls

Playboy I see . Nice

Playgirl*

You seem confused about certain personal things .

A comparison I’ve made before is to a weapon from Team Fortress 2 called the Wrangler. All the Engineer has to do is pull it out, and his sentry is instantly able to tank triple the damage it normally can. The fact that on top of giving manual control it doubles the damage of what’s already one of the best damage dealers in the game isn’t even seen as problematic at all; it’s the shield that turns it into a braindead bullet sponge that requires a large part of the other team to coordinate just to take down that one sentry while the engie presses 2 on his keyboard. That’s the problem that disproportionate effort creates. Here’s the primary video that brought this issue to light if anyone’s curious: https://youtu.be/toxY8lHfs30?t=6m32s

Why do you have a cat on your profile photo? Are you a cat?

1 Like

I wish I was , you weird eyed pink man

2 Likes