Mission Fair Practice Policy

Summary: normally only 1% of the players will win, but if you have never won in that Season (usually 10 weeks per Season) you just need to finish in the top 10%. This way people who don’t win get better odds of winning as time goes by.

1). We will keep a list of every player that has won a grand prize in a mission
2). The list will be wiped out every 10 weeks (number may change based on feedback). We will refer to this period as a Season. 
3) If you have NOT won a grand prize through finishing in the top during a Season, then you are placed in pool A. 
4) If you have won a grand prize through finishing in the top during a Season, then you are immediately placed in pool B.
5) For players in pool A, the number of grand prizes awarded in each mission will equal to 10% of the people who completed (everyone in both pools who got to the end including the people who lost) the prior week’s mission .
6) For players in pool B, the number of grand prizes awarded in each mission will equal to 1% of the people who completed (everyone in both pools who got to the end including the people who lost) the prior week’s mission.

The rules will take effect starting the next mission. Thank you for playing and voicing your opinions. We are absolutely committed in making the experience fair and entertaining for everyone. We appreciate your support. Thank you!

thats a nice idea

i like it

So basically you’ll be taking 10% of the total players out of ‘Pool A’ (which equals the amount of prizes given, so essentially anyone who wins) each week into ‘Pool B’ where it’s almost impossible to win.

Fair enough, although I can see players still complaining when they’re in Pool B about it being ‘unfair’ when something cool comes along, tough luck imo

Tough luck till you don’t get anything then complain

Somehow I feel like I’m being personally attacked here lol I couldn’t care less if I didn’t get anything from an event…it’s an event I.e LIMITED only. So who am I to stomp and scream if I’m not part of that ‘limited’ players who get a prize.

1 Like

well, its the other way around, normally only 1% of the players will win, but if you have never won in that season (10 weeks) you just need to finish in the top 10%. 

I don’t understand one thing: if I’m in pool B, how do I go back to pool A?

This is an improvement, at least. Thank you.

There is always the matter of people getting an advantage should they have these powerful monsters. As I discussed previously with Ashley, if you do make these quests more difficult (which is necessary, otherwise the event will end in 30 min again), then those who have these monsters will take up all the prizes in Pool B. Now, I am aware that you are taking out Meowzard’s winners, and I greatly appreciate that. However, to effectively continue this cycle, it would be necessary to have equally powerful monsters each time to make it fair. Get what I’m saying? I understand you are a big supporter of variety, as it’s boring with everyone having the same monster…coughcoughOmegawyrmcoughcough. Therefore, I am a big supporter of having a 10-12 star every week, and make it limited so that it can’t be won again. Don’t worry, I’ll address ways to get them later. This would encourage activity, as people would want to play more. Now, this would require adjusting difficulty, as I said before. It should be a test of strategy, not a 30 minute race. I ran across a suggestion/rant, and I do agree that making it similar to a dungeon with battles similar to PVP would be great. Maybe 30 floors, you are given temporary monsters at level 50 (random, adds luck to it), so pros don’t have such an advantage. Then you battle several monsters like normal dungeons, but they will all be equal to your level. You can also choose to swap one of your monsters with one you encounter by spending 1000 silver.

Anyways, people might LOVE a weekly monster, but can’t get it…I would say the whole “trading a monster for that of an equal ranking” idea is great. It would allow people to get the event they really want.

Idk…just some thoughts. Tell me if something needs to be explained or fixed.

Problem is that if it is very limited you only get one so collectors won’t trade it and as a collector you also won’t be able to trade it for another one that is limited since you only get one.

I really think it’s important to make the available after the event to every player too…

Just for collecting purpose.

And the fact event winners get it before would still allow for a lot of diversity in the weeks the arc is exclusive.

True. But if everyone could get everything easily, there isn’t much incentive to even do the event. It’s like pre-ordering. Pointless.

Well…in geomon i got an exclusive persona (cosmetic change) for a monster i got. People would spam me with trade offers, me, declining them, realized how that was not a good idea because geomon released mine 2 weeks after i got it, while the other person who got a different persona for that monster at the same time i did didn’t get released until about a month after. Now, people still wanted it even though t was availible in store later, due to its trade value. I think trading may solve the " eggrrrhhhh i never got one eggrrrhhhh im so angry errggghhh i dont want it later i want it now!" Problems.

Never said it has too be easy to obtain it after it’s released…

The only thing there is to figure out is how much time between the event end and the release and how to allow everyone to get them.

And having the monster before everyone else still is quite a nice incentive.

I love this game, but I’m not a fan of this change. Why should players be punished for doing well? The players who got destructor got him because they camped the start time, and used strategy to rush through it. I don’t get crippling your top players chances because they did well in an event.

I know it’s still possible to win the prize, but 10x harder than for those in pool A.

Summary: normally only 1% of the players will win, but if you have never won in that season (10 weeks per season) you just need to finish in the top 10%. This way people who don’t win get better odds of winning as time goes by.

It’s an awful system. Part of the fun of it is the random chance and the rarity. You should never punish your most devote players to cater the complainers. What you could do instead is making it really hard, and those top 250 who make it wins the prize.

When you win in a PvP game you go to a better ranking where it is more difficult since everyone is stronger…

That isn’t a punishment it’s just more challenging 

You can see this group thing that way… Once you won you only compete with stronger players that are more likely to be there as soon as the event is out and that go faster.

You can’t say it’s a punishment in that way of thinking

The biggest problem I have is not making it available in another way later on. This ruins the collection part of the game and most of the people playing I imagine that’s rather important or we wouldn’t be playing a game like this to begin with. The best thing I had looked forward to was that everyone kept saying everything would be made available. Now it’s everything will be made available for the first 1%. Congrats you just killed the collection side of the game. And no it shouldn’t be easy to acquire but you can farm for 12 star omegawyrm, and that only takes 4 components, this takes 5. So why can’t it be made farmable or as suggested in another thread made part of a quest line? Quest line idea is nice although I think giving it a low spawn rate like hatchlings would be fine too and significantly easier to implement. And on top of it it’s completely limiting new players who come in after these events. 

the thing is your not thinking of it as a seasonal thing. yes you cannot get them right away but you can just wait for the next season when you can be in group a and just go for the one you want. this is a long term fix not a short term solution that could cause problems later on.

That would be if they had the same prizes season after season which was never specified that i saw

I like this idea, good job!

To see if I understood right:
if you’re in pool A and you’re a 10% winner you get the prize

If you’re in pool B and you’re a 1% winner you get the prize