Magmarinus...

I found out that taking it’s hp to 0 usually works out great

1 Like

Guys, I honestly don’t know how or why you want to nerf a legend that is random. He’s got a 1/4 chance to kill something useful.

Why does no one here make a backup plan when playing? Lol. It’s honestly rediculous. “RNG screwed me”. . . yeah no, you screwed yourself up for not taking factors into account.

I have never been swept by a magmarinus. Ever. They always die or are nearly irrelevant whenever they are run in the enemy team. Sure, in theory it can do a lot of damage. But that’s theory and the only want you should be swept by RNG is if you forget it exists and play like it doesn’t in the first place.

But the ss isn’t rng and it kills 2 instantly. That’s already quite good

1 Like

Stealth exists.

Nerf its Berserk attack, and it is fine. it makes no sense when magma one-shot my full hp bane at the very beginning.

I’m pretty sure you’ve gone on before about how stealth isn’t viable or a good strategy.

It’s not 1/4 chance to kill something useful and the game isn’t all about control strategies where you want to kill particular targets and disable others. Magma can be killed off when it enters just like any other monster but if it gets a turn (which is does in 50s) then it can turn the tide and go on to be one of the best sweepers in your team. The rate it sweeps is very hard to deal with as well as the difficulty you can have killing it.

Look at it by itself and sure it looks like the RNG ruins it. However, in practice when put in a good place it becomes by far one of the best standout PvP monsters.

Then explain how over 50 magmas I’ve run into, not one has actually given me any issues, even when it does get a turn?

And no, I haven’t gone on about how stealth isn’t a viable strategy. Don’t think I have said that in years.

I personally do use some stealth in my team.

This from the guy who builds his whole plan around BB.

But like KD said, its the speed he starts sweeping. And the fact that he can dismantle your protector faster than shadowyrm.

And stealth doesnt defend against berserk attack. Which kills most things in one hit, especially in the midgame where its likely 3-4 of your monsters aren’t at full health.

Lol, you haven’t even seen my latest team, it has BB(like anyone that has it) but not as a main factor.

Oh. Well the last time we met you were relying on BB. Glad you changed it up.

Still haven’t had issues with magma.

Well that settles it. If you haven’t had any issues then we should all bow down to the mighty master of the top 50 and let the issue stand.

A stun immune monster that sweeps 5 faster than novablast and can heal itself withiut limitation is completely fair.

Thanks for clearing it up for us all.

1 Like

I seriously don’t see how people are having trouble with him

Give me an example.

We can theory craft as much as you want, but theory craft told us ankou was OP.

Just encountered him again. Berserk attack should 1 shot his earth types but that’s it. Not monsters of other elements. I think that’s overdoing it personally.

1 Like

Theory crafting never should’ve called Ankou OP, that was a terrible mistake. I’m not going to play captain hindsight but I wasn’t involved in any of that theory crafting.

Maybe we’re saying it wrong for you Zardecil. Magmarinus will not tear through a team, being unstoppable and winning the game. It can also be handled (partially) if you can hit it down to low health twice over, first being possible to repent from because of the SS then second time it struggles. However, when placed in a team it has a huge impact on the match very quickly and continues to give incredible value, especially if the rest of the team can be killing too and avoiding any stun. Basically that means Magma wins games, even if it’s not being obvious about it.

A monster like Delugazar is really obvious about it because it gets set up then begins sweeping, but Magmarinus brings the game-changer SS then bit by bit gnaws away through your team. It might go down after just a few kills but the number of times it helps out your team compared to the number of times Delugazar does I bet Magma is coming out on top (I know people will contest this but saying it anyway).

Geomagnus is another monster which I feel gives way too much to a team. When I come up against both Magma and Geo in a team I get frustrated. Whatever kind of clever play I’ve done beforehand to disable their team gets completely undone as Magma takes away two of my key players then Geomagnus either brings in shocking/tranquilising entrance monsters to disable my whole team or simply removes the monsters I’ve disabled. Seriously these two monsters are both pretty overpowered in PvP. Many others are strong but these two take control of the match.

I agree and for PvP i would trade my BB for magma 100% of the time. BB is so fragile he only gets sweeping against the nubiest of nubes. Ive taken mine out because he just dies. And his bloodthirst is high TU.

BB requires setup to get a kill (timestrike or pre-weakened opponents for bloodthirst) and he must be protected from stun and attacks. And 2 AOEs and hes a goner.

Magma can literally go anywhere in your line up. Hes better next to a protector or GT but hes stun immune and has HG so neither are essential to his survival.

Dual slayerbane takes out your sweepers and he can head off any other sweepers before they can get going since his TUs are as low as many sweepers entry times.

I love my geo, but I agree he is insanely amazing. He is the master of synergy. I wouldnt change anything about him, except make bloodfury bloodthirst. One backstab of a rockoid for lethal sweeping is pretty ridiculous.

Yo. Help me out here lol. What does BB stand for

Edit. Stupid me. Bunkerbeast :man_facepalming:t2:

No lol. Not bunker or bitterbeast.

Its a silly reference to the story line where they call Delugazar the “Black Beast” so we just call Delugazar “BB”

So you aren’t stupid, the rest of us are lol.

Well, I wouldn’t go as far as to slate Delugazar. His high speed and brilliant variety of killing attacks is good alone. The thing is, he won’t stand out as incredible unless you can line up a few give turns or, better still, a team turn. Get a team turn in with Delugazar charged and you can win the game right there, but you need all the pieces to come together for it to work. I think Delugazar might be a perfect example of making an insanely powerful monster that’s totally balanced.

I would love for Geo to get nerfed with bloodfury into bloodthirst but as far as I’m aware they won’t be nerfing it again. It’s already been fiddled with enough. Hopefully someday we’ll be able to counter it better, maybe simply with more stun converter monsters coming so we can protect our mid-game with some punishes to any stunlocking which Geo can cause.

I would rather bb over magma control is way better in this game then power. Magma also don’t one shot everything at all whoever said that is overreacting completely. I have to side with zard on this people seem to hate anything that kills stuff on revenge status case in point slayerbane

Magma moves are all random except slayer
It’s finish snap has to work at 25% oh it kills or moss at hg to bad.

But any legend that is remotely good nerf it into the ground so much it becomes useless it happens all the time in this game
It forces us to keep spending again and again as devs release new stuff

From what I hear for nerfs for this guy he will suck at the end of it people want to make it weaker remove what keeps it good but keep its moves random it will turn into a slow wet noodle that relies on rng to not kill anything so the f2p that don’t support the game at all can be happy.