Ludamilla

Do you think Ludamilla is worth pulling for? She’s basically the aegisdragon of Evertale. Her only viability is 100 percent auto protect with free give turn from what I’m seeing.

What do you guys think?

Yeah I don’t think she is really worth it. Save up for a character u specifically desire. For e.g Astrid SSR and Kirin SSR are really good. They come often as well. They are worth the effort of getting them

1 Like

Kirin is in the normal summon pool. I would prioritise the limited SSRs and SRs because you’re probably going to summon Kirin someday by random chance.

I think Ludmilla is a really good looking guard, even if it’s just to spam purify to give your team spirit and protect it from sleep/poison. Guards don’t protect from attacks that give these statuses so it forces the opponent in PvP to target Ludmilla with them then try to take her out first and the AI will no doubt mess up, wasting moves hitting your sweepers with poison/sleep.

Give turn is also a great move since there’s often one character on your team you really want more turns for at any given moment.

The only downside with this summon is the SR looks terrible. Personally, I’d wait until Ludmilla comes out again paired with a better SR. I think it’s best to only do summons when both the SR and the SSR are good so your chances of picking up a good new character is much better.

1 Like

My ludmila at lvl 80 has 46k hp with +1 spirit 70tu purify . Need I say more ?

Thanks for the responses, I agree with you guys. Definitely not worth it right now.

Also not a huge fan of the art either. Kinda hate how they are oversexualizing one of the more honorable characters in the story. It takes away from her character development in act 1.

I don’t think you really need the rest of the sentence… just put a full stop after this and I’d agree. I guess this kind of stuff gets more people playing the game or something, maybe more of a Japanese thing than a Western thing.

In some ways for this character it is flavourful. She is an auto-guard plus with that sexualising… draws in all the opponents.

@Killerdog

Haha that’s one way of looking at it. And yeah it’s a shame that that’s what it takes to get people into a game.

This game is hands down the most thoughtful and enjoyable combat system next to pokemon. It’s a more “fair” version of neo too that doesn’t allow someone to spam moves like blood fury and requires thought out strategy. Once the devs add more content this will be arguably one of the best mobile games ever in my opinion.

I love the spirit system for that reason too. It’s definitely an interesting version of ZigZaGame’s combat system which has the potential to work better than Neo Monsters. However, I think Neo Monsters will always come out ahead for me.

Firstly, I think that while the spirit system is a great concept in practice it will make it very hard for them to make some things balanced. Reason being, what you have is EVERY move influencing every other move in some way. Right now they’re restricting archetypes to needing other characters of the same element or of the same archetype for some bits to work. Maybe that’s their plan all along. However, let’s say they start breaking that rule and it’s found that a certain monster or duo can work together to create a huge amount of spirit then any archetype which is only held back by its hugely spirit consuming attacks can be fueled by this other monster from outside of their archetype. That’s just an example… what I’m saying is in general the spirit system sets up an extremely large number of possible interactions which have to be accounted for since spirit is meant to be used as a limiting factor in the design. It may become a nightmare further down the line or we just get broken things like Astrid’s “ignite” that gives +3 spirit instead of the usual -1.

Another dislike of mine is the emphasis on stats (character levels, weapons, accessories) rather than the skills and interactions. Evertale has a nice balance between these things and I know the company really likes their game to be strategic rather than whoever has the most powerful characters so this is only a small complaint. I think ultimately in the long run this matters less too, because most people will get enough max levelled stuff that it simply becomes a case of customisation. However, from the design side I think it’s better when things can be finely tuned like in Neo Monsters so the damage from one monster’s skill is carefully judged to kill certain monsters and not certain other ones.

Finally, my biggest worry for Evertale is the fact teams have only 8 characters. 16 in Neo Monsters sounds like a ridiculous amount but it gives the players so much flexibility to get creative in their team building and to not simply go down one route building a “stealth” team or a “stun” team, as in Evertale. I think people are more likely to get bored with 8 character teams, but that’s just my opinion. Where I think it may have more impact is people feeling inspired to get new characters. Long time players of Neo Monsters know that once you’ve got a collection of, say, 50+ legendaries you start looking at your team and thinking okay what monsters do I actually want now. There will always be particular monsters/characters we want to pick up for certain things but some we get and will never fit into a team. Now think about teams being half the size… I can imagine myself prioritising what I want to summon even more than I already do for Neo Monsters. This is all just me throwing around my opinion and may not reflect player psychology at all but I reckon in order to keep people properly incentivised to summon new characters they should make them work well with particular other characters. Hence, people like the look of the combo they can put together so they try to pick up all the characters involved in creating that. This can be done loosely (burn units helping other burn units to work) and more directly (the burn SR which can create tokens at the back of the team and wants everything burning + Rashanar who wants to sacrifice tokens at the back of the team and to keep getting burned). If they bring out an SSR which works well with another SSR or two that were less popular then suddenly people will want all three of them or if they incidentally get one they’ll be interested in picking up the other two. I was suggesting this with mortar monsters in Neo Monsters and I think they made the right call adding Botanic and Bunkerbeast into the rare egg to get people tempted to put together a mortar team.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. Didn’t mean to make this go so off-topic, sorry!

1 Like

No worries at all. I appreciate your lengthy reply. It was thoughtful and made me rethink some of the games components.

I have to agree with you on the loss of customization for evertale with the lower team amount compared to neo, but that is the exact reason why I think evertale is great too. It’s allows for shorter matches and a simpler mechanic so people are not overwhelmed with characters and how to build an effective team. It also eliminates when PVP players just totally smash you in Neo and your stuck helplessly looking at your screen for 7-8 minutes as every character/monster dies without even doing a single thing (that is a personal peeve of mine but I do enjoy seeing all the killer strategies). And with the spirit system, worst case scenario now people run train for a couple minutes until they run out of spirit and you can then at least strike back.

I love neo, but my ultimate beef with the game is your above sentence. You literally cannot stand a chance in higher level PVE events and PVP in general without emassing a large amount of legends which takes over a year to accumulate. I’m at the point of having around 25+ legends in neo and still can’t complete certain events. I appreciate the challenge but hate that I can’t fully progress without getting Stag, Angelion, etc. to stand a chance. Where as with evertale I have been able to compete with people and beat all events with many SSR from the get go using nothing but one Sr and a killer strategy.

Lastly I do appreciate that you have to think out and be more thoughtful about your summons for evertale too. Your above example of rashanaar is exactly what I did. He was my first SSR and my entire next set of summons were with the intent of finding units with synergy. That is exactly why I created this topic because I wondered if there was some synergy I was not seeing with Ludamilla. Obviously she will do well on a light team but wondered if there were any other thoughts out there.

To be honest I think this is simply because Evertale is new so the content is geared towards new players. Neo Monsters was similar in the beginning. If you look at the super power up event which is for exp with “rookie”, “expert” and “master” difficulties these battles are what the game was like in the first year. Nowadays the “master” super challenge battle is way way harder because progression to the point they can 100% complete events is slower so it’s more spaced out with challenges along the way that take time to overcome. As the game goes longer and people start getting huge collections then the top game content needs to reflect that. Eventually you get things like “hell mode” that get added as the proper challenge for the top people because the main events are still too doable even in the final levels.

Evertale is simply in its infancy with its hardest content designed for the upper end of its players (or the ones who came from Neo Monsters so know how to fully utilise their characters). New games are great for not having that huge divide in the players.

Interesting. Game has definitely come far if that’s where the difficulty was! I did have an account when neo first came out but can’t remember What the difficultly was. I do remember I had a similar frustration of not being able to compete with the newer monsters when I stopped. That had to do with the power creep with the newer mons. Hopefully that doesn’t happen with evertale

it’s unreally. Game is very disbalanced. The same can be said of Lucius, the same can be said about Lucius, especially in the squad with Ludmilla and Kirin and that same character with the “overheal” skill. In the game, the summons are absolutely unbalanced, random, and my friend had to spend 18k of accumulated crystals, which he saved for six months to get Ludmilla level 100. And what about the lineup, in which there are all of the above characters? Thanks for the balance of ZigZaGame and for the players who play with hacked versions of Android in the current PvP event.