[Link slayerbane all] gyo

This is not a nerf thread . But a genuine observation. Feel free to drop Ur views in a constructive manner!

I have noticed LSA of gyo one-shot g even thunder type mons pretty much Everytime. I feel it’s getting a damage boost from the overconfident strike ( or counter strike )code somehow. On the other hand, pengunator with excessive force cannot one-shot earth monsters. Although number of kills on different enemies make a difference, I don’t think it would be a huge difference to have such a bigger margin between the 2 slayerbanes!

Overall ,something fishy with gyo’s slayerbane all damage. Would be nice if devs confirmed what is going on.

PS : had 3 thunder mons, with my malwing having just 1 kill and still got wiped by LSA. But when I have Earth mons, I’m very much sure penguinator cannot kill them unless I have too many kills ! This is not the first time I’ve observed this.

Don’t compare slayerbane all with link slayerbane all. They’re completely different moves, but they do the same thing

I would like to know why I can’t compare them.
Link faststrike vs faststrike ??

Because peng has excessive force

Prismas link slayerbane all was ■■■■ before it was buffed. The reason I think this was because they did a “copy/paste” from peng to prisma, not taking into account the fact peng has excessive force which boosts damage as well, so prismas lsa was ■■■■. Now they’re completely different

I’m completely fine with way pengunator works and I feel it has element of prediction.
But gyo’s slayerbane is making too much damage on thunder mons too even with 1 kill.

So my doubt is if 2 of it’s moves could be causing this unnatural damage boost ?

Also thanks for reminding, prisma’s slayerbane doesn’t scare me aswell

No. Prismas link slayerbane does the same thing

Ye I know they all do same thing. But gyo’s slayerbane is fishy in terms of damage even though on papers they seem so.

I think it does more damage because its a link move. all link moves does a better damage / has lower TU or something.

No. Link is a mechanics restriction. Not damage modifier.

1 Like

I believe over confident strike or counter strike or possibly the prisma’s initial code has something to do with it’s more damage compared to any other slayerbane.

Just because they are both slayerbanes doesn’t mean they’re the same… link and normal moves are not to be compared

Also it’s nothing wrong, if it was something to do with overconfident strike then it would’ve ignored hg

1 Like

Also raw, but the restriction make a unique advantage as well - a unique skill with a greater damage / lower TU / greater effect.

Like vulc double poison eater is 160 tu, but volc link double damage is 100 tu and does a simillar damage (even that the attack stats are different).

Or death wish usually need 1 kill restriction, while azura’s link death wish has no restriction.

And slayerbane- a different damage output

Sorry this reasoning is not statisfactory . Why does it make more damage even with element disadvantage .

Element disadvantage is a damage modifier.
Raw, link, solo restrict usage or affect TU , not damage. Unless devs confirm

U have explained it more clearly than I can.
Link, raw, solo are strategy restrictions or affect TU.
I’m talking about damage calculations. Even with element disadvantage, why does gyo make one shotting damage?

Other slayerbanes work properly. Only gyo is abnormal or specially powerful !

Maybe because of the fact it doesn’t go through shield and hg.

I dint get u

Edit: k I understood now. But it doesn’t have to. Every other monster can be buffed under same reasoning

If that’s the case then you totally overlooked magmas dual vs prisma/capy dsl

Ok I haven’t observed capy. I will check it out and get back.

Prisma is totally fine. Even pengunator. But I think gyo is extra reliable when it comes to slayerbane

Its considered that because its a SS and has a restriction that its damage is justified. There were calls in the past to buff Prisma and the insane damage of his SS is a result of that. Since Gyo has the same SS the damage is similar. There has been a few topics on this subject and at the end of it, its just something we have to accept.