Lets talk about Vigziard

So whats the deal with that thing… Why is it so OP that has pretty much an important job every turn!??
On top of that , 2 passives that are very troublesome.

1 Like

Vigziarid is the epitome of the generalist. It does everything, and does it good!

He has only one attacking move, and it’s a OHKO.
It can shield, heal and give turn faster than normal with minimal drawback.
It’s tanky and it has Camouflage Entrance, so no Time’s Up or Nightwatch, and basically only Padrinorca can OHKO it with Chrono Killer.
It potentially disables one monster upon death and, in LINK Storm, it can disable another one of choice, instantly, with 100% chance.

Is there a reason NOT to use it?

7 Likes

his bash should have limit of 2 not 3

Let’s not get support legends nerfed when we need to hammer certain Myths instead like Lemon and Gremoris

6 Likes

Mythics won’t be nerfed . It’s very clear actually . I hope I’m proven wronG though …

But vigziard is becoming a menace with increasing power creep imo

One thing I noticed, when playing (losing) against and also watching YouTube videos of top players, is that most of them run Vigziarid.

BULS (an acronym I just invented, which stands for Broken User LINK Storm) (:relieved:) is something I see quite often, either as an earlygame (with OoO) or as a mid-endgame section. And when you see it, you bet you’re gonna run into Vigziarid (as well as Penguinator and Leogeist tbh).

Exactly. Each Leggy nerf widens the gap even more

2 Likes

Yeah when I ran full storm (with added stun protection) it was perfectly viable, whereas other elements fell flat on their arse. (looking at you shadow)

1 Like

Nah I see it as every powerful leggy making the broken users even more broken. Full myth teams are okay to handle but they r a headache when supported by monsters like vig …

Id rather have that gap cos I dont fantasy top rank .

1 Like

Yeah :confused: I tried to run some LINK teams this season too… Water, Holy and Fire were super easy to make, as they both have plenty of support. I have Tezcacoatl and lots of Throw support, so Earth was easy to do too. Storm did ok. But Shadow was a complete failure… apart from the AoE spam, there’s really not much I could do.

1 Like

Imo we should hammer both. “Let’s not nerf any overpowered legends because certain myths haven’t yet been nerfed” sounds falsely righteous to me.

I don’t support Mythic domination but we need to have general balance everywhere and not “balance” things by releasing overpowered monsters or leaving clearly overpowered monsters as they are.

3 Likes

I agree that we can’t have OP legends if they’re too strong, which is why I advocated Orca, but a support Legend doesnt need to be.

I still think Viga is ok though

Hopefully not another nerf thread, F2p can’t afford for top tier monsters like this to get nerfed.

2 Likes

This is just nonsense and some personal agenda.
Without Link Storm he’s not that oppressive. (Very Strong but not oppressive)
So the real question is should Link Storm be nerfed?

And I hope the answer to that is clear.

1 Like

Of course not. Only Vigziarid should be nerfed, while the lead role in LINK Storm teams should return back to its rightful owner, which is The Godfeather, the one who started it all.

I’d advocate for a Vizg nerf on numerous occasion and I still stand by it.

However I don’t want to overkill the monster so just a slight nerf would do:
~Blood give turn from 100 to 130tu.
~Transient bash from 130 to 160tu.

It is definitely not the most oppressive legend (well there’s Orca and Malw) and as the F2P stated, we need good legendaries to stand a chance against mythic user.

4 Likes

Vigi is indeed very troublesome. And is strong enough to be considered an “undercover mythic” but as per nerf I would focus more on removing sleep interaction with him and change it maybe to stun because link hypnotise + sleep revenge is strong enough to gain control of the game.

Vigz doesn’t deserve a nerf at all. Lemon and other op mythics is what needs to nerfed first. Balance doesn’t mean everything should be weak. Strong mythics warrants strong legends.

2 Likes

I’m basically against any legend nerf as long as we have a ton of super op myths out there

3 Likes