Lets talk about Vigziard

Vigz is very powerful but has it been in the top 10 most used yet? you should mention neft it until Novadrake gets nefted

1 Like

Just gonna point out that no one so far has pointed out why vigziarid is balanced. They’ve only talked about other strong monsters as an example for why vigziarid shouldn’t be nerfed.

3 Likes

The devs already said their not touching the mystics

This !

Pretty sure I did that.

He shines in Link Storm and tbh is the only reason to even consider that Link option.

I don’t see Link Storm everywhere. (So how strong can it be)

Without the Link you can kinda ignore him, as he’s not that much of a threat. 100 GT is nice and seems good in comparison to the terrible 160 GT.

Just buff GT.

1 Like

Maybe it’s not a 50sec RAW killing machine, but it can OHKO reliably at least twice and it’s arguably the second best support monster in the game, losing only to Bastia.

Like, 130sec Shield Ally, with the only real restriction being that’s three-use? Really? While Geocosma has 130sec ELEM Shield Ally, and Noircyon and Don Dollguini have 130sec LINK Shield Ally.

Also, the absolutely unjustified 100sec on Give Turn… in a perfect world, Give Turn wouldn’t exist at all. Or better, only Rescuing Give Turn and similar would exist.

2 Likes

is this the major reason for nerf demand?

I have found this mons formidable in many teams but not enough to think its “broken”. It is definitely strong but not enough to warrant a nerf.

1 Like

Why?

For real real ?

Yep cos it involves real money for most people who awaken them

Are they ■■■■■■■ stupid legends are hatched with bought gems too wtf

1 Like

Ye , they should be doing sufficient tests b4 releasing broken legends but then it’s kinda hard to assess all situations . There have been a lot of unintended broken combos in the past and nerf is inevitable . But mythics take a LOT more money to awaken .

They are absolutely incompetent. I don’t even know why I’m triggered I don’t play anymore lmao.

1 Like

So Don Dellugini is 5 star and Noicrcyon based on past scenario will probably get a “buff”. Geocosma is in different category(if i recall its AP).
And you are mentioning this as if its death on three use isn’t good enough? If its that much of threat kill it before the three use. I think you are being unreasonable here considering there is already a cost associated to its move.

You are a comparing a legendary to super epics ,let’s talk about quell it’s 50 or 70 tu I think and potent sleep is 100 tu.

1 Like

I don’t understand the point.
I’ve never seen someone use Shield Ally with Vig or any other monster for that matter aside of the instant ones.
Why we are even talking about a skill that just feels like an attack all replacement?

And why shouldn’t GT exist. It’s rather weak right now.

1 Like

I agree Lemon and Gremoris are busted, but why would we talk about them in a thread about Vigziarid? We should open a thread about them instead.

It’s a rare occurrence indeed, but it’s a super valuable backup move. If you can’t give turn because of Time Freeze, since Husking is not a rare monster, and you don’t want to waste a Transient Bash, then you can easily fall back on shielding an ally.

An AoE attack would be a terrible backup option, Blood Shield is extremely safe and reliable option. Vigziarid always has a backup plan.

My main gripe with Vigziarid is how good of a generalist it is. 80% of the moveset is support oriented, then you have Transient Bash which is a pure offensive move, and an insanely strong one at that.
I think it’d be more balanced if it got a move like Shieldbreaker (since shields counter sleep) or, hell, even a faster Dreamcrush (130sec).

It indeed has Auto Protect as a passive, but how does it relate to the seconds of an active skill?

Jokes aside, the problem is the fact that the effect only takes place AFTER you use it a third time. Not being able to kill WHATEVER YOU WANT more than three times isn’t really the harshest of restrictions…

1 Like

I don’t think it needs any nerf. When I first saw the monster I thought “yay, they’ve finally made a decent support monster”! I stand by those words… it’s a nice addition for the game I think.

In practice it’s not quite as crazy as it may look. Like most support monsters, it relies heavily on your teammates having things to do. Also, give turn is not all that impressive if your teammate(s) are just about to get a turn. So it does depend quite a bit on battle situation and how it lines up. You might point out the damage move but honestly these days a 130TU move which deal one-shot damage but doesn’t pierce, bypass protectors and is limited to a single target doesn’t stand out as oppressive in this day and age.

So don’t get me wrong, it’s a top PvP monster and offers amazing support even outside a link storm team but I don’t think it’s oppressive or a problem. It’s more like a powerful monster that helps you win the battle with a high quality moveset rather than one that creates a situation that’s impossible to beat or takes over the battle and must be killed immediately.

1 Like