Let's talk about Tricertalon + Leira Combo

Its mostly followed by the poison end game

Cobra scorpion asmodia

Yeah it’s strong. You know what though, most players just go full aggression in their endgame and run poison / big AoEs. If you have a more balanced endgame, it’s quite easy to avoid. For example if I face it, I use persephia to rebirth next one of my monsters, rebirth end the next and usually get a nice big AoE off too. So although I agree with everyone it’s strong, I think it’s easy to avoid with the right endgame and could just shift the meta into more control based endgames rather than all out aggression.

Nightingale has no way of killing Bastia - Bastia doesn’t kill anything unless you play her dumb.

I think your dumb

7 Likes

Not really work againts Tricertalon+ Leira , I am run stun endgame. But if All my monster already get "Death sentence from abysal Doom " its over.

Even If I am run lemon + Deviladus. Tricertalon can counter it. We lost 4 monster and my opponent only lose 2 monster

Roaring entrances also should be limited i faced someone running 4 roaring , plus 3 sleep entrances , 2 stun entrances, we got a disgusting entrances everywhere , people relying on entrances are more and more common , the limitation should be changed , devs really should work in this to limit how many entrances in 1 team

1 Like

you’re*

1 Like

Not anymore that move can kill even if the monster didnt make any kill i was really surprised when it happened to me in a pvp game

I’m a bit confused about this topic? Isn’t it very risky to run? Do they play Tricer with tokens or pullback or what?

It’s because killing it doesn’t negate the death sentence

Yeah I think if people run send back / rebirth / pull back / bastia in some cases, it’s easily countered. It is strong in general though.

Yes ,it is. Most likely the user only lose 2 monster and opponent lost 3-4. You can play anything with this combo ,not really need specific combo like token ,stun .

Just strong FL/mid (or Counter your opponent team) → sweep → Win . If your opponent try to comeback → Tricertalon Leira Will shutdown → most likely Draw or Win.

This combo just make sure your opponent can’t comeback If they already win in early match. Just try it ,U Will understand.

1 Like

Its hard bro, only few good monster that have those skill and place in mid/endgame. Legendary only Luna,baublebasher is common. And just hope they not kill it earlier or not counter you earlier :sweat_smile:

And If we already do this, we can only save 1 Monster :thinking:

Yeah I do get it. I’m just enjoying seeing / playing new endgames. But totally get its strong

1 Like

The simple solution is to make his entrance a standard death sentence all. Or to stop it if it dies in before 200tu has passed.

2 Likes

My perspective at first was “it’s only a problem if you’re already losing” but after reading all the posts and how what it’s doing is guaranteeing converting an early advantage into a win by preventing a comeback I agree it is annoying.

It’s specifically the combo with Leira that makes it a problem - I think 200s is perfectly fine. It reminds me a lot of the Nefariodon + Cynthia combo which was also based on an entrance so couldn’t be interacted with. It’s weaker than that, but the play pattern of preventing comebacks is a bit toxic.

I think if we could retain the 200s entrance but stop the Leira combo that would be perfect, but I’m not sure what the smartest way to do that is.

1 Like

Maybe let’s not nerf a just buffed mythic just because some SE has a powerfull passive. Let’s keep the focus on it, since we do not want another Charybdia situation where they tried to make her weaker by boosting 90+ speed SE and it only hurt everything else.

I wasn’t suggesting that at all. I meant to fix that particular combo, but leave the SE viable outside of the combo. In the Cynthia+Nefariodon case they left Cynthia untouched and reworked the SE to something much more sensible.

For example, changing the death sentence Tricertalon does to have the clause “this time will not be affected by time-passing effects like tidal entrance or time warp”.

1 Like

I would say death sentence should be increased to 300-350 TU.

That would solve it but I am not a fan of adding more and more exceptions to stuff.