Leira!!!

This new mythic seems op af
Mostly because of Mermaid’s hex!
It got a 100tu restriction since the start of the battle so that means we can’t use it in 5th!? But unfortunately we can because she sets up herself
The first monster at the turn order gets turn at 30+ TU
Her Tidal entrance adds an additional 80TU
So all you need is a high speed Retreat (Titan/Shiny Cyclozer)
She gets turn around 84-85TU(when +9) when she enters the field but thanks to her entrance it’s only 4-5TU
If you can pair her with the Warp Field Dragon it’s pretty much GG from there
It can protector lock you easily
Her Tidal entrance combos well with survivor and novablast strategies and she can abuse it with swap for helper
Imo it’s definitely a S+ tier for PvP
I want to know everyones thoughts on her

7 Likes

The devs prolly hired a better designer

7 Likes

Basically a better Petrify as well as a better Heart Burst

They managed to do a Roaring Entrance without the Chrono weakness, simply amazing

Aethereon + her entrance + her entering again after Swap for Helper equates to at least 260sec passed.

Imagine:
Aethereon
White/Blacktitan
Warca
Wraithhost

Leira in 5th

How easily would you charge Survivor/Novablast?

1 Like

The entrance control possibilities with this monster are unmatched. I think with the right combination, a new Deodragon/Zibgazer situation can be created where you can’t do anything before multiple of your monsters are eliminated.

No weaknesses.

The passive is just toxic. Again some pseudo archetype that’s uncounterable except with Bastia.

The design is better than the goddesses for sure. However I don’t like the anime style in the context of Neo Monsters, it’s against the game’s roots.

1 Like

No, it’s Ariel the mermaid

1 Like

I was just wondering how come nobody has started a thread for her yet and here comes Tanbeer

Yep this looks pretty broken to me.

Then you face a regalion/bastia and everything goes to hell…
Honestly I don’t see her as a big deal.

-Swap for helper: used many times only makes you weaker to stun. You can use this as a safer way to pass time to charge survival skills, but there is a high risk on doing it.
-Mermaid’s hex: this skill on the other hand is really really good. Can only be used once, but leaves the enemy with a permanent dead weight. Then you could use raw or stealth attack monsters to get adventage of the situation. Just imagine yourself facing an aurodragon team with this mermaid in your side; normally when you face auro it’s a 4 vs 3 situation, but with this mermaid’s hex it would be 4 vs 2, since from my experience, auro users almost never have his SS activated in order to save cost.
-attack skills: counter slash and element massacre will be rarely used, and mermaid’s hex can only be used once, so here we have a monster that most of times will just kill once in the whole game. In other words, if you’re facing her, just leave her alive as a dead weight.

That all said, I think she is pretty balanced, good combination of skills but relatively poor attack moves. She can be really annoying to face in did if your opponent builds around her, but nothing we can’t handle.

(Btw, Leira is “Ariel” from back to forward, was it that hard to give her a whole different name?)

Best monster in the game by a mile in my opinion.

That entrance is a cool idea, but 80tu is WAY too much. 30tu for 2nd form, and 50tu awakened seems enough.

Mermaid’s Hex is just absurd. Either it gets tu restricted from her first turn or RAW finally gets the axe.

2 Likes

80 TU is for all the monsters except herself. You’re talking as if it were tu your adversary only.
It’s just a way of spend time and give her a turn. It’ll be useful mostly for survival and novablast/megabom monsters, but not a big deal.

imagine monsters with LINK Survivor+

80sec and you’re halfway there

Luckily there aren’t water LINK Survivor+ monsters… YET

1 Like

tbh, Im kinda happy to see a female character that doesn’t feel ready to… you know. she geniunly looks gorgoues.

6 Likes

She’s not a monster that should get a turn easily, and yet she gets Roaring Entrance without killer weakness on a STD DEF body with high health. Besides Deathgazer exists.

1 Like

wow actually a perfect comparison. she is a better deathgazer that also can do it 3 more times on her own… oh also there is no waiting restriction like waiting 250 TU LOL

Does regalion cancel out the skill?

No but he’s got Gravity Field to prevent Swap for Helper and Retreat. Although Aethereon can temporarily Metempsychosize him

Wouldn’t the strat just to be to instantly kill a monster/replace it with deadweight then start the ap lock after you remove leira from your team? I could imagine a raw frontline with glaciaron dusi and some other stuff with leira fifth or sixth.

Gazer is just too much only because of its passive . There are/were several monsters that are/were op just cos of passives .

I’m sure someone with a big arsenal will show us the true power .

Yeah I was just wondering about how fast can you charge a 400sec Novablast. The strongest stratgee would surely be a Protector lock, it’s what I’m sure everybody thought about.

I’m happy the Devs released a Stun Immune Punisher mythic and a now a RAW disabler mythic. Almost if there was a problematic monster released not that much ago that has both and is considerably strong.

1 Like

I think any player using her will just hex regalo first and combo with some sort of swap strategy .