Lets talk about spectrophin

First of hall this is personal opinion so i hope everyone will unsderstand and iff not i wanna listen why not ,lets keep it calm :+1::ok_hand:
Spectrophin is a Great moster overall BUT is SS doesnt fit is type by that i mean almost hall phantom monsters are sleepers or support none of then is a poison monster
Here some examples

Same happens with the token monster

This becomes a huge dead weight once spectrophin dies and to get rid of it needs 250tu :scream:Aoe wich probably will put the rest of the teammates weak against TSD or TSA ,having the poison bomb restriction doesnt help either

What i purpose is
Spectrophin - SS poison massacre changed to swift dreamhunt 50tu
Spectrewing- Aoe changed to sleep 70tu
Poison bomb - changed to sacrifice sleep dual
( 50sec restriction )
Toughs?

I agree it needs a little chance which in my opinion is to make Swap for Helper 100 TU and remove the TU restriction on Spectrewing Poison bomb (Stun Bomb it’s a 100 times better and has no TU restrictions). And i think Spectro stats should be changed to Rounded because it’s too fragile and slow making it too easy to kill we have a lot of glass cannon type of monsters but non it’s that slow without having a defensive passive and many of them are extremely fast

The sleep changes you suggested make no much sense because Spectro it’s thought to be a sleep hard counter not a sleeper we already have an sleeper of that type you’re suggesting (Onigeist)

I agree that it’s slightly counter-intuitive having poison massacre on a monster which wants to be used alongside sleep monsters. However, phantoms won’t be all about sleep forever. For now we have Mulasem as another poison phantom legendary then looking at SEs we’ve got Reapolantern and Freezecobra which are both great poison support. I also think it’s interesting trying to find the synergy rather than having it handed to you.

Spectrophin also doesn’t HAVE to have a phantom teammate to be good. It’s perfectly fine to use with the other dolphins or with other poison monsters (which are common in shadow so it fits link shadow).

Personally I’d say it doesn’t NEED any change but it’s probably a missed opportunity to tie together phantoms a little better as a sleep archetype. I find myself using it with Wraithcaptain in PvE and with the secret skill off.

2 Likes

lol,this is only time they will release poison phantom monster.I think the normal skill set is very good.(piercing with multitarget).also he is very good for another dolphin

Spectrophin 53 speed
Token 50tu restriction on bomb and bit more speed

Yes this is a huge problem.
Spectrewing needs its Ultradusk (All) to be either 100sec or changed with something like Vile Rage.

Also Swap for Helper could use a seconds reduction in general, plus Spectrophin is slow and frail so 100sec Swap for Helper would still be ok.

2 Likes

I don’t get this at all. You use it at a time when Spectrewing will get a turn then it gives turn to Spectrophin. So why does it matter what TU Spectrophin is on at that time?? 160TU balances The Saintfeather quite a bit better.

I realized I wrote “in general”, which isn’t a filler word in English as it is in Italian. Ignore it, I certainly don’t want Saintfeather’s Swap for Helper to become faster. In the sentence after that, I specified I was talking about the case of Spectrophin only, it wasn’t my intention to involve Leira and Saintfeather.

Btw, I’d like if Spectrophin had 100sec Swap for Helper because:

1. Spectrewing isn’t guaranteed to get a turn
  2. even if it does, Spectrophin isn’t guaranteed to still be alive

Saintfeather’s Swap For Helper is WAY more powerful than Spectrophin’s. Rudolfonzo really brings a lot of support to the table. Spectrewing nearly not as much
 That’s why Spectrophin’s Swap for Helper should be faster.

1 Like

Sure, but my point was that a TU reduction to swap for helper won’t make a difference a lot of the time for Spectrophin. Only time it would make a difference is if it was reduced to 70TU, which would probably be too fast. Swap for helper should only really be used if you desperately need to pullback a teammate or if you can guarantee getting a turn with the Spectrewing. I don’t think that’s a failure of it because the moveset does not depend on swap for helper at all, it’s just a situational bonus.

give the token shield entrance

Swap for helper could get a tu reduction but not necessarly what needs a buff is spectrewing aoe it needs to change to something around 100sec

Hmmm you’re right, Swap for Helper isn’t Spectrefox’s priority move so it’s not that influential. Still, I think Spectrewing is a cool token monster so it’s a shame for it to be so underused. Of course I don’t want Spectrion to be another Onigeist though

1 Like