Let’s Talk about Poison Endgames and the possible solution to them

We have a Mechangelion which was hugely disappointing. How about a Mecha Dracorosa that is actually good for once?

Let’s look at the 3 teams below whose names I have omitted. They are all top 1-4 players each season (for at least the last 10-12 seasons of PvP). What do these teams have in common?

Cobra,
Asmodia
Scorp
Gazer
IN THIS ORDER

Edit: I had to remove the first team that had cobra before Asmodia because Duck doesn’t want his current team given away (that uses this so my point still stands).

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know this can be very oppressive and hard to make a comeback from even if you can purify yourself once from cent. We don’t want to have to resort to camo spam to beat this.

This new Monster I propose would try to help solve this and make up for the disappointment Mechangelion was

Name: Mecharosa
Rarity: Mythic

Counter slash
Double Bloodthirst
Antidote
Pure cure

HG
Mithridatal Field (New passive that makes the entire field poison immune. would NOT purify everything on entrance. But makes everything that is then purified or enters after poison immune as long as it’s on the field and would apply before auto poison) for things entering).

SS: Venomous Extermination (the earth SE starter has this SS)

Earth element
Robot Type
53 speed
Standard defense stats

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

15 Likes

I think the endgames are the smaler problem , for normal players the first 4 - 8 mons are the problem .
The endgame is normal as ever the normal way we use poison like the last 2 years.

With a new passive which makes everything clear for poison sounds good .

But we also need such a skill for sleep .

1 Like

Can you switch the team you got from me to one I used in a previous season?

they all whales.

also they all hab momo and hab a low cost monster at end.

4 Likes

Let me look for one in a previous season where scorp gazer and Asmodia were not all restricted. Oops I can’t find one that doesn’t have those from those seasons.

1 Like

To be honest asomdia is problem, remove her and everything is balanced

1 Like

I’ve been seriously bored of poison endgames for a long time. I don’t want to derail the thread, but this is why I don’t want Tricerlaton to get nerfed into oblivion (although understand it needs to be checked).

Generally at Endgames we have poison, big AoE and Harley endgames. Most are pure aggression. It would be nice to see other endgames viably come through for the sake of some variety. Whether that’s through releasing counters or new types of endgames.

1 Like

All they need to do is more special rule ranked seasons instead of 1 out of every 12 seasons. Make it 1 out of every 3

Ahhh see I’m very much against that :joy:

Tbh I think they use special rules and restriction lists to help overcome the lack of balance in some areas of the game.

I’d like to see moves like double poison eater damage nerfed when only one is poisoned. That way poison immunes would actually do their job :sweat_smile:

It already is lower when one is poisoned and not both. Just make it so large damage to the one that is poisoned and nothing to one that isn’t.

1 Like

Before it was even more with shiny trid , now they nerfed him it’s still unbelievably strong and preventing any comeback

Bastia being restricted = Asmodia Scorp Gazer season. It is that simple. I don’t know why it takes them 20+ seasons to realize that it is way too oppressive in th endgame.

Competetive players either have to run the same lineup and then face mirror setups and count on rng, or run a full poison immune setup that is still very vulnerable to this combo. Or the 3rd option: run something original and score top50.

Asmodia has to loose roaring entrance to something like stun immune. She gets the instant turn, poisons everything, has an instant SS ready to use, fast skills and counters shields, stealth, sleep and hg all on entrance.

7 Likes

Yesterday I was brainstorming ways to counter the poison endgame. The problem is it’s nearly impossible to stop.

First I tried compiling a poison immune end game. I found there was very little synergy amongst poison immune mons. I was also reminded that poison eater still works relatively well against poison immune mons. This should not be the case!

Then I tried using Bastia. What I found was she needed to be placed perfectly and protected (because she would be targeted if they had a poison end game). This was better than poison immune, but still hard to time perfectly.

Then I tried camo (not just stealth). There are some better options here, but still lacking synergy. Asmodia can still hit these relatively well, as can scorp. I think(?) this is the best counter, at least for my collection. But it’s still really lacking.

All of this to say, facing poison endgames is really challenging even when you know they’re coming and you’ve prepared for them in your team composition.

4 Likes

If they made katt ss 30tu, amsodias should be at least 50

Devs don’t compare mythics to legends lmao.

Doomengine counters them. good day.

Just replace Y Ddraig Goch’s Defang with Toxin Execute (same as Guardian Execute but against Poison monsters). Poison users BTFO’d!

Then give Dracorosa RAW Man-Eater Defang in the meantime

4 Likes

It’ll be harder for players with weaker collections but you guys can beat poison endgames with repeated roaring entrances and high defense mons.

1 Like

Man I wish SaSSolino was here

1 Like

Could you not find a longer name? Seems too short

2 Likes