Let’s Talk about Poison Endgames and the possible solution to them

I only read Mecha Dracorosa and nothing else. I’m onboard🥳

But reading it thoroughly, even when I would love to see a Mecha Dracorosa, it would solve nothing. Being a mythic and counting on the team diversity we actually have, you’ll only meet that Draco in a very small amount of games, and even then, you still have chances to win, which means there is no need to change or adapt your poison endgame and you can keep oppressing everyone with it.
If you’re proposing a new monster who counters that endgame, then you’ll probably want something more accessible for players (cough a legendary cough😷).

Centaureon already have too much on its shoulders: it has to be in the front -mid game to kill those tranquilizing-entrance-clon strategies, and it also has to be in the endgame to counter poison. Centa needs a partner :partying_face:

1 Like

It’s not like the devs actually listen to what we have to say anyway 99.9% of the time so it never will actually happen and nothing will be done as a result of this thread/discussion

3 Likes

lets face it at this point in time dev VKC just plays neo like the rest of us and occasionally fixes a bug or 2. he still hasn’t given us the jerboggernaut we all deserve.

1 Like

Soon I will kindly ask you to stop the daily Jerboggernaut spam :sweat_smile:

1 Like

nu.

stop trying to quash my dreams. :c

Keep the thread on topic. I thoughts mods were supposed to enforce rules, not break them. Then again I’m not surprised by this for reasons we all know….

well the poison has obtained some mythicals so it is normal that it is used a lot since it was always quite good as a final, as a solution wake up Ydraig and that’s it

Lmao. That’s exactly what I was doing. Now for you, cut the entitlement, please!

1 Like

Change that asmodia to anything who have poison entrance (like nectareon/Banedragon/Vd blue/Ushioni) And this poison endgame become very slow and very easy to countered.

Tbh I hate run poison endgame after they nerf nectareon speed .

I think few month ago,I have idea Mojinator but SE version :joy:. You can search “Mojibot”

1 Like

Personally, I don’t think there’s any issue with Asmodia or poison end-game in general. There’s just a problem with people finding an end-game that works well and sticking to it until a restriction list forces them to change, with other people copying.

People need to be more creative with their end-games and they’d find loads of things that work well.

I mean, look at these teams and you can see from 1-16 they follow the same structure. It’s clearly a particular team building style they all follow. High speed FL which can handle DR/protectors followed up by a tanky stun counter and general sweepers then the poison setup and a final monster that might clutch a win.

5 Likes

Says the guy who doesn’t provide any examples of things that work well.

3 Likes

It is not a problem for someone who plays half of the ranked and is happy with his top50.

While it’s generally understood that killing 4 monsters at once can cause you to lose control, in the endgame this isn’t a problem because you near the end of the game. This is why we have big piercing AoEs (like Peng and Moku) and poison that dominates the meta.

Poison has always been super strong because it’s effectively piercing, so it’s easy for them to sweep through once they get turns.

Poison has dominated for so long now, I think it’s time to look at it for the sake of variety.

The restriction list is just a band aid approach to keep the game fresh and can hide the lack of balance, but ultimately players just find equivalents when their monsters are banned and poison is certainly no exception.

(This is why I like Tricerlaton currently. It would be good if it forces poison users to run some pull back or other support mons, rather than seeing the same full aggression teams with a bit of stun. But I know that’s an unpopular opinion).

In general I’d like to see more monsters released that can rival poison in the endgames

1 Like

I didn’t realise the only way to get people to use different end-games is to tell them new ones they can play :person_shrugging:

I’ll give you one nice end-game combo… Gryphking → Deathgazer.

For dealing with the poison end-game… high defence and a bit of camo / poison immune / purify nullifies most of it.

What a lovely argument. If this thread is discussing a problem only for the top 10 players then I guess it’s not a widespread problem that needs addressing. I’m honestly not sure what productive thing I can say in response to this. Can we keep it to the actual topic rather than individuals?

4 Likes

Aren’t half of the threads from the top players who play competetively and would love to see more variety and less of a copy paste approach to teambuilding? People with smaller collections will loose to whales anyway wheter we run poison eg or not. You can say that about any thread that it does not affect everyone so it does not need adressing.

@Dev_VKC give us the reason to spend on new myths if the old combos still dominate the meta. If you try to run something different and more creative then your WR immiediately drops.

1 Like

The bit you quoted from me wasn’t a serious response, it was sarcasm to mock what you said because I thought it was silly. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

I haven’t run a poison end-game in over a year and don’t have a struggle having a high win rate. I don’t think it, or other team building styles in the meta, are key to the win rates those players are used to.

I haven’t run poison eg in any of the last 15-20 rankeds I played and still managed to score top10/top20 each season but that does not mean that poison eg in any of its variation is not too opressive. It is just a very safe and easy way of making sure you score the wins even if your frontline fails to get the control and sweep.

The best example of why it should be looked at is that if you decide to not run poison eg you HAVE TO prepare your own eg to deal with poison eg.

1 Like

So many juicy OP stuffs have made players forget about synergy, strategy and “cool teams”.
Players don’t want to “think” anymore.
From a while back, you mostly see random OP stuff forming a top 10 team, or a punch of copy-paste combinations.
It’s curious how we have many more monsters now, and yet, there is less team diversity in comparison to what you’d find 2 or 3 years ago.

2 Likes