Poison

Anyone else feel with the new monsters recently poison seems to be getting an unnecessary big push?

Yeah, same feeling. Against sleep teams, at least you can try to use the twin killers, against stun teams, the stun absorbing protectors can help, but since there is no thing like poison killer, robinator is a big deal for poison teams. Because with his 93 speed he most likely will have the first turn, killing any purifying protector and another monster. From there you have two options. Kill him as fast as possible (if the opponents team is even allowing that) and your team will be poisened, leaving the door wide open for poison eaters and especially poison massacre. Or you leave him on the field, but then you have to live with his bloodcrave. Both options do not sound very sweet.

All this is doing is balancing the meta

I know your informed of stuff, so I guess the devs believe it. do you think poison was in a bad place pvp wise?

The 3 existing legendaries were not to be taken lightly at all.

I can only imagine the thinking that sleep was too powerful.

But I don’t personally buy that.

Sleep was way to powerful before with the right set up you could not lose and many other teams suffered
Poison had always been lack luster and needed support with only 3 of them any good
With this boost in poisons we will see more diversity in future pvp
And sleep won’t be able to run untouched anymore
Each time a certain team is shown to dominate too much they will bring in counters or power up other options
At one point stun was the king that’s no longer the case but it’s still viable this will happen to sleep now

Yeah I think it’s a wise decision to put it more focus on poison. Also I think robinator has been created to counter aegis as he was getting pretty dominant in the starting lineups. This will definitely change people’s lineups and strategies. That’s a good thing!

Poison with the right setup would not be?

the only counter to poison is purify and knock back.

Sleep is chance based and has purify, hold ground, poison itself, sleep killer.

I’ve played too many games where balancing the meta just pushes it to somewhere else.

as soon as someone has all the poison monsters they will balance again and again.

The devs should give a message on what direction they want this game to take.

Super epic counter to legendary is not good, overpowering certain things to change line ups is dumb .

I think most of had no idea how good sleep was
Kimiyo used sleep and nearly out beat moph on the UC winning matches in 10 mins
I also never said posion was bad I use one of the best poison trap teams in this game and I have none of the new guys it just a means not everyone will run sleep so careless now with monsters like bane a threat
The death chicken does not counter aegis
It only punishes those that abuse it
A single monster will not change the meta at all
So far we got
Poison
Sleep
Assit
Night-night
Stun
All running very well and non of them dominating over the other

If you faced hidan in the last PvP event you would know how op sleep is if used well… Once it gets going you loose 100%… It needed some counters. Still I don’t think poison is so hard to beat… Purify is a hard counter and the poison legends are very squishy…

I think the game has way more balance them Pokemon that has the worst meta system the top 20 teams all look the same no difference at all really
Same with yugioh all the teams looked the same

Yeah gonna have to mix it up now :smiley:

What was moph? Using? Citing the uc as evidence is just poor form honestly man. The whole mode is broken.

with the new poison additions we don’t know how it will run tbh, but poison is easier to set up than sleep. I’m sure the monsters are available to counter sleep already without pimping out poison.

People already started dropping poison gas around

Yeah it is bad expample
But sleep is op and if you played in the higher tiers you woould see that
If you where good you would know exactly how poison would run sorry
Long story short poison buff changes nothing for most the lower tier players
No offence to anyone here
But it stops sleep being over used

Poison teams get in trouble pretty fast if the opponent has a few purifiers in his team. Especially when the purifiers have a bonus, so they outspeed poison touch or poison gas. And chances for having a purifier with high bonus (even clioseraph or glyther from the side quest) are much higher than having super epic or legendary poisoner with a high bonus.

another thing is sleep is viable in pve so people use it more , can practice more, and optimize it. Poison is kinda dud in high level pve. So in general people won’t use it in pvp as their teams are set up already.

I know where I play man.
Poison being under represented doesn’t mean it’s not underpowered.
Where does buckingham play? He’s been standing by poison legendaries for a long time as far as I’ve seen.

I know where I play man.
Poison being under represented doesn’t mean it’s not underpowered.
Where does buckingham play? He’s been standing by poison legendaries for a long time as far as I’ve seen.

Can the same not be said of sleep?

Look sleep and poison is balanced now
Both are viable options that’s all

Even when i changed my setup to a (partly) sleep based team it made a huge difference. Always had some trouble with the boss fights of the higher chapters of online story. After i read something about sleep teams here, i had an idea, changed my setup towards a more sleep based team and now i’m just cruising through the story with almost everytimen 4-5 monsters left, even in the ultimate challenge i was able to proceed much further than the last time with my old team. So yeah, even in the lower tiers you can realise how powerful sleep is

Sweet glad the forum helped :slight_smile:

Yes :slight_smile: Just using robinator for fun atm and i really dont want to face him, no matter which team hes in, with one protector in the opponents lineup he definitely becomes a death chicken :smiley:

Yes, but the purifier can be put to sleep, so he can’t purify anymore.

But like lochi said, both are viable strategies now, but both have their counters.
What bothers me more is that there are no counters for death revenge. There’s nothing you can do from losing a monster when facing death revengers (exept rhynobrawl and puff). They should think that over again. Make protectors catch the death revenge and make it count as a normal attack for them or something like that.