Insulator field doesn’t work

Insulator field doesn’t work. @Dev_VKC @Dev_BRD

How do you release something that doesn’t work?

And while I’m here, I’d like to bring something up devs. I do this because I’m genuinely confused by you all and I’d like to see this game continue to succeed. What are you guys doing? You’re releasing monsters that don’t work. You’re nerfing monsters like Scyberithe into oblivion before you release them, at the demand of Killerdog? You’re tripling crescendo moves damage at his request? Since when did writing guides for a game give someone control in the development process?

If he wants more control over the game, make him create content. Lord knows the game needs that. You haven’t released new content in… how long? Seems like it would satisfy everyone to accept content suggestions and act on those, rather than ruining monsters?

Please ensure skills work before you release them. Please test the monsters yourselves. If you are truly at a loss, have a committee of players help you.

Thanks for listening

8 Likes

Also I want to know why in the world energy charge archetype has ridiculously high TU for the moves that require a charge. It’s basically a slightly different version of the mortar archetype, where it heals rather than gets a shield like mortar. However, they have abysmally high TU for the moves that require a charge! In addition to that, why would I want a energy monster that has a 250tu move vs a mortar monster with a 50 tu version of it AND a shield? I genuinely want to know why this is

4 Likes

Okay, guys, before this gets going. Any Conspiracy Theories about Killerdogs influence will be deleted immediately. @GMagic If Insulator Field really doesnt work thats definitely not good and will be fixed as soon as possible, hopefully.

Scyberithe wasnt nerfed at the request of Killerdog. It was nerfed pre release because in theory it looked way too powerful. Turned out, this wasnt an accurate claim so it was unnerfed. I am very happy the game is in a state where monsters get potentially nerfed pre release because many people have a look at it and decide it might be the best thing to do it. I was around when this wasnt the case and it brought us monsters like original Gazer, or pre pre nerf chromera, who had the potential to break the game or - in gazers case - actually broke the game.

Even more wrong is the claim that KD requested the triple damage buff for the crescendo moves. I can totally understand your frustration about insulator field but spreading fake news about a persons influence on the game surely doesnt help.

3 Likes

He’s admitted to requesting all of those changes? I’m not spreading conspiracies?

I was around for the gazer days too. The scyber change was and still is bad. As are others. It (and others) have also been out long enough for us to see that and they still haven’t been corrected back to original version.

This is about what has been happening with the development of the game and the future direction of the game. Please keep it on topic.

4 Likes

Insulator field does work, but all stun absorber/converter/counter passives are unchanged while it is there. All it does is give everything else stun immunity.

GMagic, you’ve been very vocal about your dislike of me on many occasions (mostly LINE) and I’ve given up trying to change your mind. However, I will correct what you’re saying here.

Scyberithe: A large number of people were concerned when they first saw this before release (in GoH). A few reached out to me and said it really needed to be nerfed. I felt so too, so I messaged the Devs and suggested how it could be nerfed. It got nerfed harder than I anticipated and I apologised to everyone because I feel responsible. I got this monster so after testing it lots I asked the Devs to buff it again and they have now. I try to use whatever influence I can for the better of everyone but in this case it was bad, and has now been corrected.

Crescendo moves were not buffed at my request. In fact, three times (I think) on the forum I have been vocal on how they don’t need buffing so I have no idea why you’re pointing at me for this one. When buff/nerf suggestions come up that I disagree with I often try to come up with some kind of alternative that is better fitting. So I think I’ve suggested buffs for them but certainly not like this. If you’re asking me, I feel like this crescendo buff is too far and right now I’m wrecking people with Polaboss + Elem accelerate. 33TU sweeping that heals him is a bit ridiculous.

3 Likes

It would be if you wouldnt have made false claims about a persons influence on the game. And as you can see, he clearly didnt admit to have suggested those Changes. If you want a thread about the future development of the game, then create one or use this one. Removing your false accusations first, would be a requirement though.

Its your choice, remove the false claims and continue the discussion or stick to it and this thread will be closed very soon

1 Like

Not true. Please don’t say things like the above unless you are certain.

The only reason I have actually spoken about my involvement with Scyberithe is I went around asking multiple people about how it should get nerfed. The suggestions I sent to the Devs were what I came up with after gathering together the thoughts of a few people. I told these people that’s why I was talking to them about Scyberithe so I wasn’t going to keep it hidden that I was an influencer for the nerf.

As for the stuff on crescendo, I’ve never once mentioned it but after this buff you and some others have blamed me for it with no reasoning at all.

1 Like

I’ll handle this like you all do.

Please pm me with complaints as to why you disagree and we can talk there.

This thread is about the recent problems and the direction of the game going forward.

2 Likes

Okay if that’s how insulation field is meant to work, it’s the most pathetic passive ever. All he is is a absorber/ counter crossbreed that helps the enemy team as much as your team. The whole reason I was looking forward to him was because I though he’d simply negate stun altogether

2 Likes

Okay so to be clear your thread is making these points:

• Insulator field isn’t working as expected.
  • Please make more content for the game rather than unbalanced monsters.

Then another point about me saying something like you’re unhappy I’m the person influencing some things??

1 Like

Dude be honest here. How is insulator field, as it’s working now, at all worthy of a mythic? It’s a stun counter without the weakness or free turns, FOR BOTH TEAMS. It’s pretty pathetic

It’s not that it’s you specifically, it’s that it appears (and you’ve mentioned in Line) that one player has this much control over the balance of the game. You just so happen to be that person. And because of these botched fixes, I’m sure you can see the concern.

If I suggested a bunch of stuff and they did it, and it ruined some things, I’d hope somebody would say something too.

2 Likes

It’s like a better stun absorber that you can build around. I agree though it is nowhere near what people expected it to be. I think if Aethereon had a flashy moveset nobody would be complaining but we were all looking at that passive thinking about how it could be abused and finding out it can’t be is a big downer.

5 Likes

Good thing is: This didnt happen. As explained above.

3 Likes

The only example you have given is Scyberithe, which has now been fixed, so I’m not really seeing where your concern is. It feels more like a personal dislike for me than anything actually happening.

3 Likes

Please pm if you have any further issues outside of the purpose of the thread.

2 Likes

Please pm with concerns outside the scope of this thread.

2 Likes

Lol GMagic you literally brought it up as one of your points in this thread. Stick to your guns and tell me what’s what or you shouldn’t have tried to make false claims about me in the first place.

3 Likes

You mean purpose youre constantly derailing by your own false claims?

1 Like

I’m happy to discuss in pm and we can post our resolution here.

1 Like