Higher team cost

I really hope PvP only has a 173 cost otherwise, I agree, at some point, an F2P lack of legendaries and legendary choice will ruin them in PvP. I might not be using all my legendaries, but they’re definitely not the best legendaries or legendaries that work together with other monsters I have.

It might be interesting in terms of trying to complete future levels for PvE, but it’s still gonna hurt the F2P players especially in buffed events vs P2P players. The game is already made so that it’s hard to get the best rewards like rare gems unless you’re already one of the best players (like top 10 in UC). It’s just creating a bigger and bigger gap. 

I really want to know how devs will respond to this, and if they will decide to cater to F2P players more somehow. I remember their last attempt was Island Challenge and Chrono for everyone, but something probably needs to happen soon. 

:joy::joy::joy:
And quote “this is a business not a charity. Maybe one day UNICEF will get into the monster fighting bizz…but until then, these are the people you gotta see.”

My only concern with this is that there was no real announcement or anything. For something so big you would have thought they’d at least say something beforehand.

Also 

I know you’re busy devs but please try and update it if you have things planned. We like knowing stuff.

The quality of communication was lowered since Ryan stopped communicating and Tyler93 (I hope I remember his nick right) took over his part in the forum. I got the feeling that for a few months only hidan is telling what the devs are gonna do and that’s obviously not enough

If they do they need to make it apparent and known immediately.  I have to say it would be complete bull to allow us to raise our monster cap, but then say the day before pvp ohh hey by the way.  All those monsters to ultra evolved and now can fit them in your team.  Sorry cant use them.  Now, a team you once had that worked well you cant use anymore because the team cost is too high cause you ultra evolved it.  See the problem?? If you don’t I can try to explain differently but the devs need to make their intentions clear now before people start ultra evolving and then their teams don’t work anymore…

Alright, we’re gonna start working on the transparency issues effective immediately

So what can you tell us then? effective immediately implies that you will right now at this instant tell us whats going on.

Don’t worry, we’re paying attention. We just need to confirm some things and we should have an update soon!

May I ask why this was put in without mention on the update like all the other info was.  It would have been nice to say new max level/max monster cost is.  This will affect both pvp and pve or will only affect pve… something like that.  This information is important because ultra evolving monsters then not being able to use them cause of cost would be a serious issue.

We deeply apologise, it was a relatively simple change on our side of things and it was a complete oversight to not mention something that would impact you so heavily. There is a definite cap, though, rest assured! Tyler is going to prepare a post explaining the changes.

You make a really good point
But if team cost gets higher in pvp it will really give alot of advantage to p2p players, and i would really hate that cause one of the reasons i love the game is cause i can fight head to head with a big spending player because 1. Im good at strategizing 2.he has to run unevolved stuff or a 1 star for his team cost, yes there are exeptions but still some people could do some ridiculous stuff with a higher team cost

pretty sure this will just be the start, they just broke a crucial barrier which kept p2w in check the real question is now that the barrier is gone what comes next ?

I get what your saying.  But it needs to be said now, cause I don’t want to ruin my team by ultra evolving and not getting to then use said team.

I wonder if this is possible then to address JuLong’s problem. What if there was a way to toggle between evolutions. For example, if I manage to evolve wolfrozer all the way, I can pick between his evolutions for what I want to use to address the cost issue. I could use wolfrozen, or wolfrozer, or whatever. You would only be able to pick monsters that you’ve managed to evolve to? That way, the cost can be moderated depending on whatever the circumstances are. It also keeps a barrier for F2P players to be able to compete (or at least the status quo). 

Maybe this is too complicated for game data though

Maybe a de-evlove fruit, already suggest though

I don’t think the cost increase is a good thing. I have 48 legends. I like the limit. It really makes you have to strategize. The only good from more team cost would be I could put a couple new legends in my line. Even then though the teams will pretty much be the same. I think the cost should stay at 173 max

At the moment we don’t know the max cost so it’s hard to judge it fully it might only go up to 175 when more light is shined on this we can have better judgement

We have confirmation of reaching 177 cost

this is getting scary, update just came and still did not mention the most important part how high they trying to push the max limit.

inb4 ~200+ new max limit.

Wow 177 well if that’s the case thankyou to The player in your clan waistimg gems for us