Gt cheese

Dev. A gt monster shouldn’t be able to get Gt to another GT monster. It’s cheat and cheesing. Fix it

They’re using up give turns to remove stun from a teammate or get a particular one which poisons or heals. Seems like a fair trade to me. Only place it gets unfair is when you can give turn to a monster than can give turn to 2+ monsters. You can create some loops of that with Lagodragon and maybe one or two other combinations.

I think it’s a great mechanic, even on monsters like Tygoron or Grovodeus where they can give turn to 2 monsters because those are one-time use and both the monsters have protection to stun (hence can help counter your team being stunned with that double give turn).

However, I think that we should have these two changes:

1. You can’t give turn to any monster which can itself give turn to 2+ monsters multiple times. That includes monsters like Gryphking and Lagodragon. Making this change should avoid any broken combos occurring in the future with monsters that do this.
  2. The restriction “team turn cannot be used if there is another teammate with team turn on the field” should extend to monsters which can give turn to 2+ monsters. Hence, double give turn cannot be used if there is a TT monster on the field.

These changes would nerf Gryphking and Lagodragon but at least Gryph has enough other things going for it. Lagodragon’s 5 instant give turns in a row is a bit insane.

I can understand in some situations it gets cheesy. For example, GT to utopian and it’ll never die under normal circumstances.

There is no need to nerf lago and gryph when they are already nowhere to be seen in pvp.

Gryph has to load a 109-130tu mortar every time it wants to double GT (with the ss being the exception). Unless you load a mortar beforehand, a GT or TT combo is hard to pull off. In the case of combo-ing with a TT, you would be forced to give turn to the remaining two mons. It’s not ideal if you don’t have a choice…

As for lagodragon. It’s a SE with LINK double GT. Link earth isn’t very prevalent and lacks an elemental TT mon. Furthermore it’s limited to 5 uses.

Don’t let these mons’ potential blind you from the fact that they are both hard to use effectively and consistently.

1 Like

I agree with the cases of those monsters. The suggestions I put forward are mainly for things in the long-run rather than the current monsters needing a nerf. Utopion giving turn to itself is now the main strategy with it, would be a great shame to lose it!

Personal opinion. No change necessary. Both dual gt monsters have a time restriction.

On top of that, in order for mortar to be usable, you need another mortar monster to load. Extra slot on team. Not abused at all.

If monsters couldn’t give turn other GT monsters, then stun would be even More powerful and stun lock would be horrible.

Ye also dual gt’s have a ton of link and other restrictions and are prone to Chrono killers easily which make them unviable in higher brackets. They are fine as they are ! I know this particular combo more than anyone . All you need to do is take down one asap and you must be fine

Those last words are wise ! It is very very difficult to pull it off , usually it works as a trade-off by leaving you open to a lot of Chrono killers and dual-killers, time freeze and the new time’s up !

So it’s working well balanced !