Please fix link give turn

Hello,

@Dev_VKC can you please fix this?

Cheap tactic is to use pegacorn, the mithic linker, to link give turn a double give turn monster and looping…
He is an exemple there are other monsters capable of this.

Give turn to give turn monster should not be allowed even with Link.

It’s only a problem when the dual give turn is repeatable. For example, on Tygoron or Grovodeus giving turn to them simply gives you 1 extra turn for the cost of putting an extra monster onto high TU.

However, I agree it shouldn’t be possible to get into give turn loops. They nerfed it to 3-use from 5-use but it’s still too powerful.

They should make it the condition on Team Turn and any repeatable 2+ give turn move that the monster cannot be given turn to. Then remove the text about TT in the give turn description.

8 Likes

I know how you guys feel but it has a link restriction
Maybe another 50TU restriction or maybe 100TU would be better. But I don’t want it to be the same way as TT.
(Just sharing my thoughts)

1 Like

I been saying this for years. A GT monster shouldn’t be able to GT to another GT monster

3 Likes

Anyone who uses a dual GT to GT loop have trash teambuilding skills

1 Like

YEAH

1 Like

If the devs remove the ability of link give turn to give turn to a monster with give turn. They need to restore it’s limit to 5 usage.

That would be balanced. It would stop the abuse and not kill link give turn. The devs had it at 5 usage for a reason when they first made it. It only got reduced to 3 usage because @Professor_Oak abused it with Black Beast. :joy:

3 Likes

This would be more than fine. I use LINK Water myself and have abused LDGT to GT and looped it, I’m not going to lie about it, but that doesnt mean that I dont think its ridiculous. In every sense of the word it absolutely is ridiculous. GT should not be able to GT to anything with GT, DGT, LDGT, or to TT. The same should be true of the other way around, the only exception being Team Turn being used with another Turn granting mon… actually that can be nutty too, but not quite as much.

Why dont we just have a restriction on these moves that make it so they cannot be used if you have another Turn Granting monster in your current 4 mon lineup?

1 Like

I’ll admit that I’ve used the LINK Dual Give Turn strat a few times, most notably in LINK Water, and it is a bit much in some scenarios. As much as it pains me to say it, it should fall under the “can’t be given a turn banner alongside GT”, if only to satisfy people. Guess I’ll have to build something else in order to prove that I have some sense of honor or whatever it is people are saying.

The “link” part of it is making it 130TU, rather than the 200TU we see on normal DGT. Link really isn’t much of a penalty in team building when the payoff is 3 extra turns with a sweeper.

I think this is totally fair. It actually irritated me a bit when they simply lowered the use limit in response to GT loop abuse. It didn’t tackle the problem properly and made the move worse for general use.

I think this is a step too far. No point in restricting these moves awkwardly because they’re not overpowered. Also, giving turn to other GT monsters is not unbalanced at all… the only use it has is getting stunned GT monsters back into play (e.g. with Utopion).

Best to just tackle the actual problem with any changes: the GT loop caused by a multi-use 2+ GT move and another GT monsters.

@Dev_VKC The idea of a GT loop may sound like fun in theory but in practice it’s one of those things which isn’t fun to play against. You can have almost no interaction with it unless you have specific monsters coming in (roaring/dreamy entrance), especially when the GT monster is something like Prismegasus which is stun immune. For example, the mortar GT loop is more fun because that happens every 50TU so there’s space for interaction. I hope you can appreciate that and choose to properly remove it from the game by simply making monsters that can repeatedly GT to 2+ monsters have the same restriction as TT (they can’t be the target of GT themselves).

2 Likes

I lost to link dual give turn like a week or two ago and I didn’t like it so we should nerf it now.

I did not abuse it . I just outsmarted them all :pensive:

2 Likes

As someone with enough experience in link gt strategies , Im of the opinion it’s a very strong combo… Link gt should be able to give turn to another gt monster . That’s the whole point of having dual gt to gain an advantage and encourage team building else it will be too plain and boring . But a gt monster shouldn’t be able to give turn to dual gt much like to tt

During Lago times after the dgt loop , both Lago and Shiva were deadweights but with tardigrenade and samuraifrog introduction , it’s pretty much a Fail-Safe strategy due to their passives alone that offers too much as a combo.

1 Like