Grovodeus

I do take any nerfs seriously. If you guys are having a hard time facing it well what can I say…

Don’t forget take away every camo monster in this game too. AI never deals with camo

1 Like

Yeah baby’s keep crying so then grovo will become trash again…

1 Like

Sometimes trash is better then OP

1 Like

Grovo is NOT OP

When you see him in reinforcements you got a LOT of time to plan for his little green buddy. Seeing Grovo is seeing the next TWO monsters.

Neomon forum showing its true colors again. However friendly someone try to start a discussion the active members are gonna come and trash new members. Every discussion by a new/infrequent member is taken personally by active members. It should be understood that, when a new member start a discussion here they won’t be in a mood to sing " Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush ", they came here because they are frustrated with something in the game. They should be dealt accordingly.

Attitude of the active members:

• Calling new/infrequent forum members newbies, without knowing anything about them.

• If somebody have a different opinion than yours then they are crying and whining.

• Top 50 players = entire player base

• Others = newb

• If top 50 can do it then you should be able to do it at some point of time, till then you should deal with the frustration, no discussion here!

Elitism & fanboyism rules this forum’s community. Neo forum can compete with any Linux forum in terms of these two features.

Why can’t people contribute to discussions without using annoying words. And see it as a discussion about a game, it’s not going to affect your life. If a buff/nerf is unnecessary then why not convince the other person about it in a friendly manner. Only then the community will grow bigger and stronger.

7 Likes

grovo is good now, but I would say it’s far from op

1 Like

I agree with the devs a simple speed tweak should balance him out.

The developer said that Veteran players can handle Grovo implying that nerfing him is designed to help newer players. A Newbie is a newer player. It’s just a descriptive word not intended to insult.

Different opinions are expressed all the time in this forum. They are not always respected
Do you respect opinions that are different to yours? You are blanket labelling regular forum members as “elites”. Aren’t you doing the exact same thing you are complaining about?

I’m not a top 50 players by any means. I have never ranked top 50 in my life.

So considering I’m not top 50 does that mean I’m referring to myself as a Newbie and other Elitists are referring to me as a Newb?

This is not true. I can tell you from experience as a non top 50 player my opinions haven’t always been disregarded. Basically some people will agree some won’t they will all let you know.

But I will say the principal of being patient and getting better over time is a good one. If you think that newer players should experience this game without frustration then you shouldn’t be playing this game. We ALL get frustrated and face roadblocks in this game. I have accepted my limits you need to accept yours.

There are monsters in this game that drive me nuts and I can’t do anything to stop them when they are put in the right team. I don’t ask for them.to be nerfed but I try and get better. It’s more fun that way.

One more thing most arguments and strong opinions in this forum are usually top 50 players vs top 50 players. It’s not top 50 vs Newbies.

1 Like

Top 50 opinions matter more than newbie opinions when it comes to buffs/nerfs @foxonfox

Think about it this way: imagine you have a top 50 ranking sushi chef and a rank 500 sushi chef. Who’s opinion are you gonna trust more in determining whether or not you should eat the raw fish in front of you?

Sorry man that’s how life works in general, git gud

Agreed, as the Top 50 players know all the ins and outs of virtually every monster in the game, thus are able to give a more definite answer on whether a monster needs a tweak or not.

Experience speaks for itself but that does not mean new players ideas aren’t heard. But a lot of the time those ideas etc have been brought up in past and failed in practice.

Top 50 players will mostly have all the monsters to counter these problems, so they wouldn’t understand the frustration new players are having, so what put them in the position to to tell what to be nerfed and what not to be.
Sometimes you need to see from the perspective of the new players too.

That’s the thing when we think about such monsters we look at it from how strong it is to the average collection of a player. Not from what we have in our own collections

The main problem for me is when you face grovo in certain teams with aurodragon or Atrahsis in pvp. The battle is really annoying, takes too much time and is not fun at all. You cant allow a match to take 20 minuts. Just my 2 cents.

We 100% see it from a new player perspective cause we all where one once struggling like hell to learn the game. When I started we had no help nothing everyone was blind to meta etc teambuilding and legends where very rare. at one point I thought chap 5 boss was unbeatable, Just goes to show everyone was a noob yes everyone at one point. Lot of this game is team building prediction and choices in the long run.

Finally I found it funny everyone asked for grovo buff now don’t want it anymore as it’s being used against them :joy:

7 Likes

I agree with this. It’s easy for experienced players to forget this, but experienced players do have more experience.

Both need to be careful. One thing that can taint and often does taint the opinions of experienced players and newer players is if they own the monster they are complaining about or not. Bias does come into it at times. Buff what I have and Nerf what I don’t have. Any of us can be effected by this.

So don’t take top 50 players opinions as gospel, but respect their experience and learn from it. I have learnt a lot and still am learning from them

1 Like

Good way of putting it

Imagine being served pufferpish from top 50 chef vs top 500 chef

1 Like