Skeleviathan is a beast!

Heard a lot on here and line about how bad Skeleviathan is. I’ve been using him in my FL for PVP Beta and have been winning between 80 and 85% of those games.

Have only seen one other person using him during PVP Beta though. The fact that if he gets protect up (he’s 90 speed) almost every game, he cannot be knocked back and almost never gets swept by a single move make it easy to set up the rest of your team. Paired with magma he becomes an even bigger pain in the ■■■ as magmas SS always gets triggered while he’s on the field. Has anyone else tried him in PVP?

1 Like

@Icono speaks

Ive used him and think hes pretty good.The only problem i have with him is his secret skill i think they should change it to a rockoid summoning move like link summon minions

Yeah I thought that too before this PVP. I havnt unlocked his SS yet but against stratus or Oni FLs his current SS is great, and once his death sentence triggers magma can use repent on him

Before pvp was updated I used skele, only issue is with the healing

I have a team build around him with magma in the FL but haven’t really tested it out yet. My issue is as well that he has no rockroid summoning at least. Compared to Vodoom his “buff” in this update was a joke.

I ran this and it covered most FLs pretty well.

My “current” team around him. Still needs some testing though. Instant ally shield/speed boost allows Skel to survive FL protector killers such as shadow in order to set up his protect focus. After that Geo does his thing (backstab) and shiva comes in in order to help Skel to surive as long as possible. As you mentioned, after Skel is down, magmas SS will be triggered. I usually have Oak in the FL as an auto-poison monster in order to counter HG but with magmas death blow, this also works quite nicely!

IMG_6973(1)

Nice team man, I was thinking about trying geo or tricranium in a FL with him. Shadow and tygoran can be really handy though. Sometimes I get stuck by sleep FLs but I need to unlock skels SS and that should help fix that, let him sleep and lose two monsters or hit him and wake him up to purify

True but I don’t have Shadow, so that’s that. ^^ Yeah, that’s not bad indeed with his SS in this case. :wink: Though, with this line-up even if a sleep FL can kill off Skel, shiva will come in and purify the rest. After that magma will have a saying and things will continue from there. So all in all, some more testing to do but I agree to the overall sentiment. I just think Skel needs another passive (HG, rockroids) so that he can be as effective as other leg. protectors. I mean, compare him and the ghost turtle for example. That thing is overkill compared to Skel.

First of all, you have to have insane luck to hatch both skele and magma.

Would swapping your Utopian SS for Skele’s SS be best or do you find Utopian’s SS useful? Btw I always love your team building skills, your teams are always super hard for me to play against!

I hadn’t thought of that but it makes sense, very rare to get utopians SS off, I think I’ll try that maybe even unlock tygoran SS as well and add another 1 cost monster at the end instead of 4 cost monster. Thanks man

Everybody keeps mentioning magma and I DNT even know who he is lol. what is the full name for magma?

Magmar

2 Likes

imageimage

1 Like

I fux wit magmar

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying!

Evolves into magmortor

34-4 with this team in PVP so far. Skele for MVP!

2 Likes